Titre Testing

I am in South East Victoria, but really willing to travel anywhere :)

Yeah tried Monash, I asked when I went there with Jovi when she was sick and got quoted about $400 per dog, just seems a bit excessive when you see people say they paid $100-$200 (or even less for those in Perth)

Hm, we go to Monash and they quoted me about $245 for a C3 titre testing. Was the $400 they quoted you for a C5 titre? A few other vets have quoted around the same price as well, been trying to find if anywhere does it cheaper so will be interested in the replies in this thread!

Silenchild, I take it that is for one dog only! I was told it was $70 for each test (this was a couple of years ago) i.e. per disease you want to test for, so $70 for parvo, +$70 for distemper, etc etc. I am sure it is a ploy to put us off and make those of us with doubts just vacinate because it is cheaper :(

Ask your normal vet to take blood and send it to vetpath (in WA) It should only cost them around $40 to do it, of course they will probably charge more for their time taking the blood, giving a health check etc.

I was charged $65 for titre testing my pup which I thought very reasonable.

Hm, we go to Monash and they quoted me about $245 for a C3 titre testing. Was the $400 they quoted you for a C5 titre? A few other vets have quoted around the same price as well, been trying to find if anywhere does it cheaper so will be interested in the replies in this thread!

Not sure, I never specified which one so maybe it was for a C5, either way though it's a ridiculous price.

Good idea AL, might try that.

Ask your normal vet to take blood and send it to vetpath (in WA) It should only cost them around $40 to do it, of course they will probably charge more for their time taking the blood, giving a health check etc.

I was charged $65 for titre testing my pup which I thought very reasonable.

As far as I can tell we can only send VetPath WA samples through Gribbles, and obviously there is a price for pickup, handling, spinning down and sending off because the Gribbles base price is much more than that.

There is a new ELISA test but I am only part way through reading the literature, and since you have to buy a box of 12 - I haven't worked out the cost difference.

• 5 months later...

I have found a vet in Victoria (Geelong) that does parvo and distemper titre testing for $80 per dog. Contact Dr Saranyu Melinda Pearson at Paws to Heal 5277 0554. She said that most vets charge more because they send the blood via their normal vet labs, rather than sending them directly to Vetpath in WA. I am going to talk to my own vet about doing this, see what she says, and if no joy then I will shoot my dogs down to Geelong for the tests.

I had Arnie titre tested 2 weeks ago. Cost me $110 just for parvo and was told if i wanted distemper it would be $200 and something. Opted not to bother with distemper as it is so rare these days. My vet is Greenvale Animal Hospital and they send the bloods off to Gribbles in Perth I think. The outcome was good, he is still covered and no vaccs needed.