Boston Terriers

Loves Dogs

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask the breeders and showers how they went about getting their first Boston. I eventually would love to show and do agility with one but I am wondering how many Breeders are open to newbies of the breed buying Main registered dogs. At the moment I own 2 young staffies, one I show and one on limited reg that I have titles in Agility for. I wont be getting a boston until my 2 are much older but I have started researching the breed and the lines that are in Australia. I am heading up to the sydney specialty show to meet with breeders and check out the bostons. Hopefully this is a step that a breeder will acknowledge. I am keen to find a breeder that can be my mentor and work closely with over the lifetime of my puppy. I am open to the option of part owner ship to get me up and running. I would love to here your thoughts on this.

I will be starting my own venture into Boston's in the next 12 months, as I want a dog my son can take into handlers that doesnt have hair :)

Good luck! My suggestion is to choose a breeder and make them your mentor - they will develop a relationship with you and be more likely to trust you with main registered stock.

What about an iggy Rysup? small hairless cute eccentric lol

As a breeder of over 30 yrs I am happy to help newbies but do prefer joint ownership to start. Do not mind if it is a male or female as long as everything is laid out in writing beforehand and both understand the terms. I am not getting any younger and am always keen to help although have had a few back lashes over the years especially if the the new owner can meet the ones who have some of my dogs in OZ. I am in NZ but as I am a transport agent it is no hassle for me sending pups over and I do not charge exorbitant prices either. All stock is clear of early onset cataracts either by DNA or parentage and all my testing is done at AHT, Newmarket, UK. Have imported semen from USA and the sires have many health tests done and have OFA clearance.Am always gald to help.

As a breeder of over 30 yrs I am happy to help newbies but do prefer joint ownership to start. Do not mind if it is a male or female as long as everything is laid out in writing beforehand and both understand the terms. I am not getting any younger and am always keen to help although have had a few back lashes over the years especially if the the new owner can meet the ones who have some of my dogs in OZ. I am in NZ but as I am a transport agent it is no hassle for me sending pups over and I do not charge exorbitant prices either. All stock is clear of early onset cataracts either by DNA or parentage and all my testing is done at AHT, Newmarket, UK. Have imported semen from USA and the sires have many health tests done and have OFA clearance.Am always gald to help.

You sound like someone who would be really good to talk to in a few years when I will be looking. Are you able to send me a msg with what your kennel name is? That way I might be able to get in contact with some of the people who own your dogs as well as your self. I am still researching the breed so any helpful hints that you can let me in on will be great. Also what are your thoughts on bostons exercise limits. If its appropriate I would love to do agility with a boston as well. This is short (maybe 1-2 mins) bursts of running and jumping small jumps.

You sound like someone who would be really good to talk to in a few years when I will be looking. Are you able to send me a msg with what your kennel name is? That way I might be able to get in contact with some of the people who own your dogs as well as your self. I am still researching the breed so any helpful hints that you can let me in on will be great. Also what are your thoughts on bostons exercise limits. If its appropriate I would love to do agility with a boston as well. This is short (maybe 1-2 mins) bursts of running and jumping small jumps.

I am Rossdhu Kennels of Auckland NZ and my daughter is Devine kennels. I have an 18 mth old girl who is commencing her agility career next weekend. Her owner has made her up to a conformation Ch and has been preparing her for the agility ring and going by a video of the weaves she should do well. I was at the BTCA Nationals in Reno and saw the bostons doing obedience, agility, jumps and rally-o and all doing it very well. Most impressive and have seen it in 2000 as well in CA.

Hope to hear from you sometime

I am Rossdhu Kennels of Auckland NZ and my daughter is Devine kennels. I have an 18 mth old girl who is commencing her agility career next weekend. Her owner has made her up to a conformation Ch and has been preparing her for the agility ring and going by a video of the weaves she should do well. I was at the BTCA Nationals in Reno and saw the bostons doing obedience, agility, jumps and rally-o and all doing it very well. Most impressive and have seen it in 2000 as well in CA.

Hope to hear from you sometime

Thats so exciting. I will definately keep you in mind for when Im looking. As I said wont be for a few years but better to know my stuff first. Thanks your info has been really helpful :D