Running To Us For Help

Last night I heard Louis having a play on the sofa and then heard a yelp, so got up to find him running towards me dragging a small cushion behind him :laugh: He had somehow got a few tail hairs caught in a sequin on the cushion and had come to find 'mum' to help him :D He often does this, for example most delightfully, if he ends up with some poop half out of his bum after pooing, he will always run up to me to sort it out for him :rolleyes:

When we had our grey, if she ever got cramp in her thigh she too would run to us screaming (all grey owners know what high pain threshold they have - not :laugh: ) and stand still while we massaged her thigh better.

Not all my dogs have done this, my spaniel for example would carry on regardless even if he'd had a fight with some barbed wire :rolleyes:

So do your dogs come to you for help? It's interesting as I can't imagine Louis would have gone to another pack member for help with a cushion stuck in his tail :laugh:

Edited by CrazyCresties

I have a visual of little Louis with the cushion dragging along behind him :laugh:

Mine are very similar, on occasion if they have burs stuck in their feet when out for a run, they will come over to me and hold up the offending paw for bur removal. :laugh: similarly with the occasional bit of poop that just can't make it out on it's own. :rofl:

Sometimes I think mine do it for attention, run up hold the paw up, I inspect and find nothing but give a little rub and say off you go and they are happy. Don't know if their minds would work that way?

My boy does it whenever he gets something stuck in his stupid Border Collie coat - which is quite often.

Then when I take it out he jumps up all over me as if to say thank you.

One night we were playing in the back yard and he pulled up looking lame during a game of tug. It turned out that a slug had attached itself to the feathering on his front let. I took the slug off and he attached himself to my side and just wouldn't move.

It took 3 months to get him to tug again!!

The girls couldn't care less about anything and just keep on going no matter what. Sometimes you have to protect them from themselves.

Yep I am usually required to help. I also find that the dogs will come and get me if a dog, cat or pony needs assistance. Poppy the last 2 mornings has woken me up because Amber has wanted to go out!

Zedley comes to me if his bum stuff has not fallen out :laugh: I was making my fist cuppa of the day and wondering why he was following me around the kitchen (he usually goes out for a pee and straight back to the bedroom to wait for me to get dressed). That morning he had a case of the runs and needed his botty wiped :rofl:

My gentle tibbie girl, Nina Zena, does this, too. When something needs 'fixing', she literally hurls herself into my lap, when normally she steps up daintily. It's as if she's saying, 'I'm in big, big trouble!' :)

My Zeddy (Rottie/Pittie cross) will come to Mummy (me) if she needs comforting for any reason... apparently I can make anything better... *sigh*

Trouble (Lab cross) couldn't care less...

Pickles (Camp Dog) has limited feeling in her legs, and sometimes I think her brain doesn't turn on in the mornings - so she is pretty blase about injuries... but I keep checking her feet regularly in case she does any injuries she can't feel...

T.

My poor little girl couldn't run to me this afternoon. Shae was chasing a tennis ball, Dusty was chasing a frisbee and hurtled full pelt into Shae, who was bowled over and yelped and yelped in agony. She got up and stood there yelping with her paw raised. Dusty gently licked her and checked her over, I panicked thinking she'd broken her leg, and Isaak jumped and bounced around her like an idiot. I felt her leg and it wasn't swelling and was about to carry her inside. To get rid of Isaak I threw the tennis ball I was holding and he bolted after it.

So did Shae. All four paws working perfectly.

Mum not required.

I something get the limping ... only problem is he can't aways remember which leg is supposed to be sore :laugh:

When he gets told that he is faking it ... he gives up the limp for a nice game of ball. :)

When we had a serious issue of the younger dog getting pushed into the pool accidentially by the older dog - it was the older dog who came running to the back door barking to get our attention and then took my hand in his mouth and took me to the problem.

Edited by Tilly

Awwwww some lovely stories here, glad to see I don't have the only pathetic, soppy sook :laugh:

Yes. This little face pushed onto my lap recently and waited patiently for assistance..

Damn weeds are driving us both spare at the moment.

Bless, look at that face :laugh:

Should have taken a photo of my girl tonight - running around the house with the last of her bone in her mouth, crying a little. Seems she got it stuck on her teeth a little bit and couldn't get it off to finish eating it. Very pleased when i got it unstuck for her. She'll also cry like that if she has eaten as much as she wants to, but doesn't want to put it down anywhere in case she loses it.

:rofl:

And don't you just love the pathetic 'help me' eyes like they are dying.

One of mine got a bit of packing tape stuck to his foot, he dived onto the sofa and straight into my lap, nearly sending everything off the side table flying.