Cats And Dogs - Age Old Enemies :o(

Naw your little family are very cute and look very cosy :thumbsup:

Same at our house! Our 2 didn't grow up with cats either :D We adopted little Spats about a month ago. You would honestly think Juno our Amstaff and Spats have been together since day 1! Our SBT is a reformed cat chaser(never catcher though!) She doesn't even look side ways at Spats when he gets the kitty crazies. I think it just seems too much effort for the old girl now :laugh: not to mention she likes to use his fluff bum as a pillow

SAM_0906.jpg

SAM_0879.jpg

SAM_0874.jpg

Edited by Sezz

Oh they're so cute!!! Look at Spats's purry bliss face in the last photo :)

I have to admit the dogs are much more enthuiastic about being friends than the cats are, although I think they're only pretending to be annoyed sometimes, Saxon gives both cats a good lick sometimes and they both get all purry and love it hehe.

I think dog/cat snuggles are even cuter than when they snuggle with their own species.

Definitely! Juno has been infatuated since he first showed up where he had to take his time to suss out her size! He has been curious about Juno from day 1 though. It is so special watching their relationship blossom :heart: They are only a few months apart in ages and it gives me warm fuzzies knowing that they will grow up together. Last night Juno and Spats were lying on the mat taking turns licking each others faces. Very very cute! Naw Saxon and Kitty love! I guess your cat tends to get a wet head too then! :laugh:

It's a hard one but there is something about a cat and dog snuggle that makes me go extra gooey!! :love:

I had a couple go all gooey on me the other morning, when I was out walking my dog and our next door neighbour's came out and they started rubbing against each other. This couple were coming towards us and slowed down to await the hiss/bark/altercation, and started gushing when they started being all affectionate instead :laugh:

awwww Man I"m soo jealous. Hopefully one day my cat and dog will be like this. I think my Sasha would be great ( as she is very good in respecting Mish Mish's space) but Mish is still a little wary of her. Mish is a stray that had been mistreated before so it took ages to get her to trust me, when I got Sasha is hid the whole time the first week but now they can be in the same room together with no dramas. They have touched noses before but Mish still is a bit standoffish. One day they might be like the above pics. Such beautiful pics.

Seeing as though we're sharing cute photos of misunderstood relationships!!!!

Kenzie loves cats and kittens - she knocks at the door when my cats come home to tell me to let them in and then gives them a bath as they walk in!!! The photos below are from when I had my 4 foster kittens last year. Sometimes some of them come back for a sleepover and she just picks up where she left off!!

post-34437-0-33052800-1310561743_thumb.jpg

Kenzie loves playing Mum to the babies in the house!!

post-34437-0-09852100-1310561789_thumb.jpg

More than happy to give nigh-night cuddles!!

The tibbie next door, Lily, is very catlike like some of her breed can be. She & our cat, Sarah, are the closest of buddies, they genuinely love each other.

hahaha very cute!!

I have noticed Juno copies Spats sometimes. She thinks he's pretty cool :cool: :laugh:

Spats will jump up on the blanket box in front of our bedroom window overlooking our front yard and watch what is going on outside and greet me with a mew as I come home, now sometimes when I come home I see a kitty and an Amstaff in the window :rofl: They also sometimes play with bits of string together! :eek:

(OT: Mita :thanks: for the encouragement and advice you gave me about adding a kitty to the family. Not sure if you remember my thread a couple of months back but your posts were very helpful :D )