Benson - Hevnsent Darktown Strutter Et

Gayle.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. I've been overwhelmed with support from doggie friends on DOL, Facebook and on the phone since yesterday.

Benson was such a huge personality, life will be so different without him. He was a dog who lived life to the fullest....he enjoyed absolutely everything, he had an enthusiasm that can't be beat and he had the most outgoing and friendly personality that gathered him friends wherever he went.

He was an unusual colour for his breed being so dark, and many times I was asked if he was a mis-mark (or a cross-bred). No he wasn't, he was actually an extremely good example of the breed.......he just had different markings to the show-ring dogs. He was a truly beautiful dog, he's left a gaping great hole in our household and I will miss him til the end of time. The last words he heard whispered in his ear as he slipped away were "I love you, I love you".

Benno, you were one of a kind. It was a privilege and an honour, mate.

cd24.jpg

What a stunning boy he was Gayle. I am so, so sorry he is no longer with you. So young and yet what a full life he lived. He left you with so many memories, I hope it won't be long before they take over your grief.

I have tears in my eyes from your post and the poem. Big hugs to you and your family.

Rest in Peace beautiful Benson. Too many of you have crossed over recently.