Benson - Hevnsent Darktown Strutter Et

Gayle.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I went to a dog show at KCC Park.......my method of coping with this and honouring his memory is to get out and do stuff with the other dogs......and was overwhelmed with the support I was shown. Hugs, tears, stories, words........to those who did, thank you from the bottom of my heart. That is not an easy thing to do, death is an uncomfortable subject, even the death of a pet and I appreciated the abundance of friendship yesterday more than you can imagine.

It's comforting to know that my boys passing has touched so many people. He was one very special dog.

Oh no Gail, when I saw the name I really hoped it wasn't going to be your Benson! :cry:

That sounds so wrong, but I thought exactly the same thing :o Some DOL dogs just have a presence and Benson was one of those dogs. I've long admired him in your various siggies - such a stunning boy. I still remember the sig you had with just Dusty and Benson on the beach, fur blowing, such a beautiful photo. So sorry that you have lost him too soon, your post and poem brought tears to my eyes. :(

Huge hugs to you and the family Gayle for your devastating loss.

Run free Benson :rainbowbridge:

Last night I dreamed I was back in my chilhood home and I opened the back door and Benson was there. I thought when I dreamed about him I would wake up unhappy, but I didn't. I woke up and felt like I'd seen him again.

Last night I dreamed I was back in my chilhood home and I opened the back door and Benson was there. I thought when I dreamed about him I would wake up unhappy, but I didn't. I woke up and felt like I'd seen him again.

The same thing happened to me when I lost Redman my rescue BC at 14.5. I had a dream I was playing with him for what seemed like most of the night about a week after he had passed.

He was only young though & running around very happy & full of beans. When I woke & realized I'd been dreaming I felt like I really had just been with him, having a great game of tug & running

with him. I wasn't sad, just all warm in my heart. RIP my beautiful boy. :heart: