Soft Crate Repairs

Hi all,

I have a very loveable Wirehaired Vizsla who also happens to have an evil streak. She's ripped the mesh door of her soft (show) crate to shreds and I am hoping someone might know of someone who repairs them rather than me having to get a whole new crate.

I've already contacted Meg at K9+ (the place where I bought the crate in the first place) and unfortunately she can't help with a new skin as this particular crate has been discontinued and she doesn't have any skins the correct size.

Surely I don't have the only evil puppy around and someone else has already been through this???

Would really appreciate any tips,

Thanks, Louise.

I had the same problem, but figured that, as the crate was a cheapie, it would probably not be worth getting it repaired. I ended up just cutting the door flap off and used it as a den (well, my dog did). Just a few days ago I got a wire crate though, and I'm very happy with that. It wasn't much more expensive than a new soft crate would have been, either.

Yes, it was a pity that Louises was an obsolete model as we do have replacement skins for our crates.

What I always advise for repairs if a customer prefers to try this option rather than a replacement skin or in Louise's situation where there was no replacement (hers was a run out sale on an obsolete model crate) is to try marine / motor trimmers or caravan / horse rug repairers. Any of these can do the job.

Most soft crate skin repairs can actually be done on a domestic machine and do not actually require an industrial machine, provided it was not on a section that has several layers of fabric.

We have our embroiderers do any repairs we require. They are great.

Louise, I hope you find someone to help. Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, you can send it to me to have it done. I do not put any mark ups on work I have done for customers.

Louise, I hope you find someone to help. Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, you can send it to me to have it done. I do not put any mark ups on work I have done for customers.

That's handy to know for the future :thumbsup: