I Just Lost Gypsy - My Heart Dog.

k9angel

I just lost my old girl Gypsy. :cry::cry::cry: :cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh Rachel Im so very sorry for you, thats sooooo unfair! :cry: :cry: :cry: , what a terrible time of it you are having. My thoughts are with you, sending you big hugs. Be gentle on yourself.

RIP Gypsy, Run free with Whitey and watch over your mum, she has lost too many too soon...

Oh Rach! I have tears streaming down my cheeks, she was such a beautiful girl. Massive hugs lass, if you need anything I'm just around the corner. I'm lost for words lass, I am so sorry for your loss xxx

Rest easy over the rainbow bridge beautiful girl, you will be missed by all xx

Gypsy came into my life on Friday 28th April 2000. She was born on 28th August 1999.

One day my brother came home with a dog in tow. Gypsy. I can still remember it like yesterday, opening the front door and seeing her standing there. I hadn't seen a husky close up in real life before and it was love at first sight. Those blue eyes looking up at me, tail wagging. I named her Gypsy after the Fleetwood mac song. She had followed my brother home from Parramatta, train trip and all.

I had just moved back to Mums after a relationship break up. It was like it was meant to be. Like someone had sent her to make my life better and complete. And that she did.

A week or so after she arrived Mum ordered me to take her to the vet to be scanned. So I put her on the lead and walked up to the local vet.

I got to the door, but couldn't go in. By then Me and Gyps had formed a bond. I loved her and couldn't bear to lose her so turned around and walked back home.

Mum asked "Does she have a chip?" my reply "No Mum". Little she knew...

A short time later Gypsy escaped after my brother accidently left the gate open. I put signs up everywhere and was heartbroken and so worried about her. I was fretting badly.

About 2 weeks later I was at work when Mum rang. She said "Your dog is here, someone has found her". I thought 'it couldn't be her'. My boss said I could go home early but I chose to stay, I only had half hour to go anyways. I seriously didn't believe it would be her.

As I pulled into the driveway back at home, I burst into tears as I saw it was her.

Turns out the lady who originally bred her, picked her up not far from home and took her to the vet to be scanned. Turned out Gypsy was one of the pups she had bred.

Her nickname was "Agro". Apparently she had been the runt of the litter.

Because the other people who had adopted her hadn't put their details onto her microchip, the original breeder agreed to let me keep her. It was one of the best days of my life. She gave me her microchip paperwork and the rest was history. For nearly 12 years she ruled the roost. She was Queen bee and top dog to all the other dogs, both resident and rescues.

She taught the younger pups manners and how to behave around other dogs. She was a gem. There will never be another Gypsy. I still cannot believe she is gone. It's hurts to breath just thinking about her. :cry:

She loved the kids as much as they loved her and would follow Jack around when he was snacking in the hope of getting a share. She was a funny old bugger, right up until the end. I just took a pic of her the night before last. She had something stuck to her nose and looked so funny. She made me laugh.

5959217381_621b297bab.jpg

Her hearing went a little but that was about it. She could still see good and get about good considering just a couple of years ago she had an accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. I thought I was going to lose her back then, but she pulled through. I taught her to walk again. It was a long road to recovery, but she got there.

For all those years Gypsy stood by my side. Through the good and bad, she was always there for me. Always made life worth living. I needed her as much as she needed me.

She lived with me in Manildra and Orange for a few years and loved the country life. I remember on one occassion Cassie (her daughter) was keen as mustard to get out of the car as we drove down to the creek. We got down there, let them out and Cassie shot off 100 mile an hour. I thought I would let Gyps go to bring her back but they both ended up taking off up over the mountains. I was screaming and calling out to them but they didn't even look back. So I jumped in the car and drove up this rocky little road. A fair distance up the road I caught sight of them surrounded by a herd of cows. lol. I coaxed them back into the car and was so relieved.

Another time we were out bushwalking and quiet a way from home. Gypsy took off on her lonesome. We searched high and low. When we finally got home, there she was sitting on the front porch, the bugger.

I will miss her rubbing her head against my hair after I had a shower, miss her coming up to me for an ear scratch, I will miss her at my feet and at the end of the bed. I will miss her snoring at night and sharing my noodles, I will miss her rolling around and groaning as she scratched herself on the floor. I am shattered and lost. You know she used to wink back at me when I winked at her.

I was planning a big Birthday party for her 12th birthday next month and was also planning on taking her on a picnic this weekend. :cry:

I knew this day would come One day but never expected it to happen so soon. She was fine and I thought in good health. She'd eaten her dinner, was in good spirits, her normal happy self.

I was sitting at the computer and she was at my feet. She started making some crying sounds as she looked up at me, wee'd herself and passed in my arms at 11:55pm. It was over in seconds. I wouldn't of even had time to call a vet letalone get her to one. OH tried cpr and I tried chest compressions but nothing worked, she was gone, just like that. :cry:

I felt numb and still do. I almost passed out myself. I suspect a heart attack but do not know for sure.

All I know is that she was fine one minute and gone forever, the next. :cry:

One thing I know, is that I am not afraid to die anymore - because I know if I do, I will have her there waiting for me.

My Bibi girl - gone forever but always, always in my heart. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Run free with your 3 babies Claude, Cassie and Jay Jay and your Grandson Whitey.

:rainbowbridge: I don't how I am going to live without you. You were my heart and my life for so long. I am lost. :heart::(:cry::cry::cry:

5959735696_26f732d62c.jpg

5959735698_27febd6107.jpg

5959735706_8600c74cea.jpg

5959735710_cdd21be89b.jpg

5959735712_0e49acf50a.jpg

5959777742_1e981b870d.jpg

XXX :heart::heart::heart: XXX

:cry:

what a beautiful tribute .

I am so glad she went quickly, and at home, with you ... she did it in her own time , and saved you the decisions ....

may I suggest you go to a Dr. & have a checkup? You have had a rough trot..and YOU now need a bit of TLC ..

:hug:

Edited by persephone

That's such a beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend

I am so so sorry for your loss

Run free Gypsy, watch over your mum and look after Whitey, Jay Jay, Claude and Cassie

Please take care Rach xxx

Edited by Hollys mummy