I Just Lost Gypsy - My Heart Dog.

k9angel

We lit some candles tonight, one each for Jay Jay, Whitey and Gypsy. Marlin and I sat and said a little prayer to wish them godspeed to the bridge. They will all be waiting there to meet you when the time comes.:rainbowbridge: Wishing peace to you and yours.

I am hugging my girl close tonight.:cry: :cry:

post-30210-0-89493400-1311256784_thumb.jpgpost-30210-0-85845300-1311256812_thumb.jpg

I am worried about Logan and Jasmine. Both haven't eaten for 2 days and are fretting bad. :( I cannot console Logan, he has been howling on and off since Gypz departed. When he's not howling he is quietly crying. It is so heartbreaking.

I woke up this morning as I did yesterday and looked at the spot where Gyps used to lay on the bed. It was empty and cold. :cry: Then when I went to let the others out the back to go to the toilet, I waited for her to run out too. I keep going to look for her. I keep thinking I am seeing her. Like today there was a garbage bag (mum dropped in some dog bedding) sitting under the kitchen table and for a split second there, I thought it was Gyps at the corner of my eye - as that is where she used to lay at my feet. But then I realised....and it hit me all over again. :(

And today, Buddy was sitting up on the lounge on the pile of clean washing that has been sitting there since the day Gypz died. The day she died she was sitting up there like a Queen. When I saw Buddy doing the same today, I thought for a second it was Gyps. It made me feel sick to the stomach and I quickly folded it and packed it away.

I just can't believe this has happened, that she is gone. :cry: After all those years. I was so used of her, for looking out for her.

It is like the worst nightmare that I keep waiting to wake up from.

What I would do to have her here now.

I was thinking of her as I cried myself to sleep last night including to back when she was a pup and would steal my mobile phone (whenever it rang) and run off with it up under the house. Cheeky bugger. I couldn't tell you how many phones I went through.

She would hide up under the smallest spot so I couldn't reach her and her new found toy.

Dog love her.

I remembered how she used to jump the fence (they were only 4ft) and play with the neighbours dog and vice versa.

And when she had her pups. (she only had 1 litter and I kept all 3, Cassie, Claude and Jay Jay) I would ask Mum to keep an eye on them and leave them in their pen all day (it was part of the yard sectioned off) while I went to work as I worried my brother would accidently leave the gate open and they'd escape. I later found out, after Mum confessed, that she used to let them out as soon as I left for work and put them back in just before I got home. Apparently they had a ball up under the house.

I remembered how we used to listen to music together. My song for her was and still is Leanne Rimes "How do I live without you". I would sing that to her over and over again. (well try to). there is no way I could listen to it atm. She knew it was our song. :cry:

She would always be there when I got home from work to greet me with a smile. She had a way of turning a bad day into a good day and always made me smile.

I have pics of Gyps and her/my 3 babies, a whole album of them. I might post a few later. I haven't got that album out for a long time. Since Claude died 4 years ago. :( It will break my heart to look through it, knowing they are all gone now but I will try.

Whenever I had friends or family over, I would dig the album out and show off my babies, all 4 of them. They were my life. It took me a long time (14 yrs) to be able to have a baby (human one) and so to me, they were my children, my family.

This morning when I was crying the other dogs were trying so hard to cheer me up. Depsite being sad themselves. Jasmine was playing with a toy, and throwing it around to try and make me laugh. She never plays like that.

Leela came up to me as I sobbed and cried and leaned against my leg with her eye's closed, as if to say "It's ok to cry". I was standing within reach of the camera and took a pic. (ofcoarse she'd opened her eyes by the time I took the pic)

5963828242_ef3e6a066f.jpg

It's ok to feel so bad. She was a major part of your life and your losses have been more than anyone could bare. The other dogs want you to know they share your loss and are there for you.

I wish there was more I could do to ease your pain.

I'm so, so sad for you, Do you have someone there with you?

Last week when Benson died, I emailed my friend in Sydney and she rang me right away and we cried together over the phone. The next day we did the same thing. It helped a bit, knowing someone was also crying for my boy. Then I found out lots of people had cried for him.

We are all crying for you and your darling girl.

Geez Rach... I feel for you... and am crying here myself...

I know how much a part of you Gypz was (and still will be forever) - it feels like your heart has totally been ripped out, stomped on by an elephant, and handed back to you, doesn't it? It is just so not fair that they have to leave us after such a short time... *sob*

I lost my heart dog Woosie in 2004, and still lose it completely when I think of her - and when I read threads like this one... I think I understand your pain and sense of nothing being quite right with the world right now. The pain won't go away, but it will become easier to handle with time, please know that, OK?

Heartfelt hugs to you and the boys...

T.

It has been almost a week since Gyps left this world and I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact that she is even gone. :(

I've been trying to keep extra busy to keep my mind off things, but it's hard. There are reminders everywhere. I Still see her at the corner of my eye, I still hear her. :cry:

The night before last Jack calls me into the room and says "Mummy can we give a bead to Gypsy?" (We've been making suncatchers)I said "She's not here anymore, she is in heaven".

His reply "Can we send it to her?" I told him "Ofcoarse we can, she'll love it". :cry:

Then yesterday he was bouncing on the trampoline and says to me "Where's Gypsy?" as his eye's scanned the yard. I looked to the blue sky and said "She is up there Son, watching us from Heaven". He looked to the sky as if trying to see her up there :( then says "Oh Ok". :( He is so used of her being around too.

Jasmine's still a little quiet, but she is eating better now. Logan has quitened down too. Not howling as much now.

I pick Gippi's ashes up tommorow. :cry:

The day she died and was dropped to the vet, I called up and asked them to please shave some fur off her so I could keep it. They did. I didn't even think to do it here. I was too shell shocked at what had happened. :(

A few days before she died I sketched a picture of her as she slept at my feet. I have only just been able to look at it. :(

Eerily, the picture looks exactly as she did after she had passed.

I also had a dream about a week before she crossed the Bridge and said to a fellow DOLer (Marion 01) via PM that I was worried I was going to lose her. Marion asked if she was sickly or whether I was just being paranoid after all I had been through of late.

I replied that she wasn't sickly and that I probably was just being paranoid. :cry:

5977882186_50225730ca.jpg

Gypsy 17.7.11 "Sleeping"

"Miss you more than words can say Bibi girl. I just wish you didn't have to go so soon. I wish you didn't have to go at all. :( You were such a huge part of my life for so long. I am so lost without you.

Love you forever and always, You'll forever be in my :heart: XXXXX

:hug: That is a lovely peaceful sketch to keep :)

Ta Pers.

I picked her ashes (and fur) up today. I not long got home. I tried to be strong but lost it even before I got there. :cry:

I was talking to a lovely older lady who had her older lab girl there at the vet, getting meds for her athritis. Her girl was smelling me and wagging her tail as I bawled my eye's out. I gave her pats and knelt down and gave her a kiss. Her human Mum says "She'd take that all day". lol

I told her how much I missed my old girl and what happened to her. I told her to love her girl like there is no tommorow, because they can be here one minute, then gone the next. :( She agreed and told about her sisters dog, a 2yr old dalmation who also died very suddenly and unexpectedly.

Can you believe when I got home, I carried her ashes in and the first thing I did was to go and look for her. :cry:

I still call my old girl and go to prepare her special food and it has been almost two months now. They have been part of our lives for such a long time that it is hard to let go of what is so familiar and normal in our day. Time is starting to lesson the pain for me. I realised that part of the feeling of loss for me is that it is the end of an era or period of time in my life. She reminds me of people and places and events. I had a certain care role in relation to her specific needs that is not needed now. How I lived my life revolved in part around her. I have been in limbo a bit now she is gone. I'm sure it is the same for you. Having three less dogs to care for is a major change, let alone missing them physically and emotionally. Gypsy also reflects a certain phase of your life that is now over. All that you have are the memories and they will only fade if you let them.

Non-dog people must think we are crazy.....

Oh Rach, I only just read this. Life can be so bloody bloody cruel sometimes.

Wish there was more I could do but know that I am thinking of you and praying for some peace for you. Eventually the tears will stop flowing and you will be able to remember Gypsy with a fond smile. Unfortunately there is no speeding up the process. You need to grieve, you need to cry, you will probably get angry. It's all part of the process and it sucks but you will get through it, just take it a day at a time. Look after yourself.

Lots and lots of hugs for you and your family. :grouphug: