1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Sashes
    • Rosettes
    • Comets

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosettes are our favourites especially when they are donated and come from O/S :>))

Comets look nice and could be a change for a speciality show for placings or cc's

Sashes are good too so long as they don't fall apart as you walk out of the ring LOL

Our sashes are hung over a display cabinet door for the current year then unfortunately at the moment under the spare bed! Rosettes are pinned onto to wall hangings.

I have both gold medals and Black and Gold Handler Rosettes :>))

Agree about the trophies and increase the value of the sashes or go totally to cash - but thats another topic

Cheers Kate

I love my rosettes. My mother buys a lot from England for equestrian shows. They are magnificient and extremely cheap for superior quality. Just add about $1 per rosette to cover postage. We would like to buy Australian, but they are double the price and we don't have the variety here.

I forgot to mention a few companies in England for you to have a look at that we use. Chamleigh Rosettes www.chamleighrosettes.co.uk and www.tyrellarosettes.co.uk. We have bought from Hodges in the US but postage was a real killer unfortunately. We also buy from Computer sashes here for our sashes but find their rosettes way too expensive.

Comets are a horsey thing... i dont really like them...

I like rosettes overall the best but i like the idea of rosettes of show and sashes for group specialty level i think sashes for class and rosettes for best of.

and i like little momentos at specialty level as well something with the win and date and dogs name... but nothing tacky hahaha

I think rosettes are prettier, but I do like well made sashes as they look pretty impressive on the wall, and I like being able to drape them over the dog for pictures :p

hehehe - We have our Chihuahua specialty next month - try draping a sash over them! :rofl:

I've made up coloured satin jackets for the major awards to go with the sash: Gold = BIS, Silver = RUBIS, Dark Purple = Challenges...........etc

The jackets work for a small breed.

we had winner of winners and bis jackets at the goldie national in june i loved them! however a pic with coat on and then one with it off is a must!! hahaha i want to see the winning dog as well not just the coat hahaha but i think they look great all silk and gorgeous colours!!