The Story Of Pretty Miss Emma

Pretty Miss Emma

:grouphug:

My Holly went to the bridge 22 days short of her 16th birthday but it wasn't meant to be, I made sure we still lit a candle for her and celebrated for her, I hope she watched us and still watches over us as I am sure Miss Emma is watching over you and Kenzie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be the day for thinking about our doggies, which is why I started a thread in the hope that others like me might want to add a message and picture and kind of share the grief and loss as a collective. It seems to have been a big year for losing oldies in particular.

I was also at the vet this afternoon and there was a tough tattooed guy outside with dark sunnies on just standing there with an old SBT. So I asked him how old he was and he told me he was 16 and he was there to put him to sleep as he was urinating blood and gone in the back legs. He told me he thought it was the right thing to do by him. I wanted to hug that tough guy and go in with him while he said goodbye to his mate but I had a kitten and several other people with me on a hot day. Instead I gave his boy lots of kisses and cuddles and told the guy that it was hard but that he was doing the right thing and that not everyone was lucky enough to have a dog for so many years. So tonight I'm sad that another oldie has been added to the list. The Rainbow Bridge must be full of them.

Big hugs to you Emma's mum.

Alyson

XXX

• 6 months later...

One year ago today was the day I lost my beautiful Emma. It was a bad week for many good dogs, but somehow we move on without them.

There are still many tears. And I still miss my beautiful girl more than I imagined I would. Sometimes your heart is touched by someone and they just stay with you forever and ever and ever.

Kenzie and I now have little Hamish in our lives and he is our little connection to Emma so a tiny part of her will always be around. There are even a few things he does that are just like her, and now when he does them I get to smile because there is a little bit of Em still in the house!

I would do anything to have my girl back but I'm so thankful for the 3.5 years I got with her as they were a brilliant time for both of us.

Love you and miss you Miss Emma.

Just re-read this. It was the most beautiful tribute to an amazing girl. I held out till the end with the tears, but only just. It also reminded me of an old song by Little River Band - "Oh pretty Emma, you sweet contender, why don't you stay around....."

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

What a beautiful tribute. She sounds wonderful and that last photo is stunning.

PME you will adjust in time. It is such a loss, and to cry is normal. When you are ready to focus on your happy memories, you will.

RIP Emma

Thankyou so much everyone.

It's amazing how one year down the track you still miss them exactly the same as the day they went. It's easier to deal with, but that hole can never be filled - although it is possible to be happy and have a new fury friend, but they are each their own dog and will never be a replacment.

But it always serves as a good reminder to give them a big hug every day and make the most of your time with them.

Guest Clover

Reading this whole thread has me in tears :cry:. What a story and tribute about your gorgeous girl PME :hug:.

• 4 months later...

Today would have been Emma's 14th birthday.

I'm still devastated that she isn't here to see it in with us :cry: . I wish she could have met Hamish, I think she would have liked him. She is obviously still with us every day. Kenzie carries a little bit of her on her collar, Hamish has a little bit of her in him (genetically, not that he knows it or cares!!) and of course she is always in our hearts :heart:

I wish so much that she was still here. 3.5 years just isn't long enough, but they were a great 3.5 years.

Love you lots Miss Emma. :rainbowbridge:

• 6 months later...

Today marks 2 years since beautiful Emma left us. She is still missed every day. Today Kenzie was doing one of the things Emma loved doing - working with kids and teaching them how to be really nice to dogs and why it's great to work with animals. As Hamish is growing I"m seeing more little bits of Emma popping up in his mannerisms (they share some common ancestry) - he's taken to sleeping in the bathroom doorway when I have a shower, he always chooses to sleep on the tiles no matter how many beds he has (unless it's really really cold!), he snaps his jaws when he wants something from me, and he's just all around gorgeous!

No dog can ever take the place of my most beautiful first dog. But it is nice having two really wonderful dogs with me that make it that bit easier, they give me the happy reminders but also show me everything else that they have to offer.

Big hugs to all the precious dogs out there and I hope that Miss Emma is still looking after the other dogs that have gone to the rainbow bridge too early.

What a beautiful dog Emma was. She really deserved the pretty tag. Time really does not do very much in terms of missing them, whether it is one week, one year, two or as in one Doler's recent case, 25 years. They are forever in our hearts.

Di

• 11 months later...

I can't believe it's 3 years either. In some ways time has gone so fast, in other ways it hasn't.

Kenzie, Hamish and I were herding today. I think they had to be channeling Miss Em, I haven't ever had them work as well as they did today!! Both of them were just super stars and while a foot was put wrong once or twice they both showed me that we ork really well together and I have 2 very special dogs with me at the moment, both of them with a commection to Emma - Kenzie grew up with Emma's influence, Hamish is related to her. So somehow I will always have my very very special girl with me!