Who Wants A Canon 7d?

Kirislin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah = i cracked out the 7D yesterday to get some shots of my aunt's dogs and my 50mm is having autofocus issues AGAIN. Freakin' hell. The last time it cost me $220 to get it fixed. Piece of crap lens! At least it's the same problem i've had in the past so i can take it back into canon on thursday and have a whinge at them about it. Hopefully they will fix it for me for free.

Woot! I'll be a 7D owner soon too! I just bought it for my birthday (too bad I can't play with it till then), though not as cheap as the DWI site ($1197 today). Still it wasn't too shabby @ $1400 including shipping and tax.

A month ago I posted asking about which DSLR to buy, and, well this is the verdict. However... OH got a promotion at work and said I could buy my other choice as well after Christmas, so not only will I have upgraded my ancient 20D to the 7D, but will be the proud new owner of a 1D Mark IV :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in :heart:

ANDi got the lens i have been wanting as well!

the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Now i need a new camera bag :rofl:

Edited by Flaves

the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

that took a while, did you get it from DWI?

I'd love that lens too, as well as the 24-70. Santa, are you listening?

Flaves have you tried it out yet? It can take a bit of tweaking and there's lots and lots of custom functions, so many it's scary. :scared:

that took a while, did you get it from DWI?

I'd love that lens too, as well as the 24-70. Santa, are you listening?

Flaves have you tried it out yet? It can take a bit of tweaking and there's lots and lots of custom functions, so many it's scary. :scared:

yes i did and yeah it did take a little while prob a week longer than i thought

i have not really had it out yet, tomorrow when the weather is better

I need a teacher to show me how to use it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Woot! I'll be a 7D owner soon too! I just bought it for my birthday (too bad I can't play with it till then), though not as cheap as the DWI site ($1197 today). Still it wasn't too shabby @ $1400 including shipping and tax.

A month ago I posted asking about which DSLR to buy, and, well this is the verdict. However... OH got a promotion at work and said I could buy my other choice as well after Christmas, so not only will I have upgraded my ancient 20D to the 7D, but will be the proud new owner of a 1D Mark IV :thumbsup:

I am officially jealous!

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Can you point me to a link for the 100-400mm lens??

I have been looking online - do DWI do grey imports or are they from canon? I noticed, at the moment that the camera is advertised (body only) for $1249 - best price anywhere, and it also has the standard 1 year Canon Warranty on the website. I've been chatting in a couple of stores and they are all saying that buying online means buying a grey import without a canon warranty. Can anyone clarify? I am soooo tempted you wouldn't believe it!

As far as I know, they are a grey importer. If something goes wrong within the first 12 months you have to send it to whoever they deal with, not Canon. That said, their prices are so cheap, the way I justify it is that it's almost as cheap as buying a second hand camera, but you wouldn't get a guarantee with that, but this is new. I bought mine from DWI and I haven't had a problem. Last month their prices were even lower, mid $1100's I think. When our $ rises against the Japanese yen, that's when prices come down.