Cheap Book Website With Free Shipping!

Aztec Gold

I was just looking online to buy some Cesar Millan books, in particular his puppy one, and I found them from $10.95 with free shipping on all orders from www.fishpond.com.au

I checked for a few other books too, and they're all pretty cheap! Might be worth a look if you're after a particular book!

Be careful with Fishpond, we found that they could be absolutely shocking when it comes to delivery times. We used to buy a lot of stuff from them - some would arrive in a reasonable time frame, but a lot of it wouldn't and we had to chase things up with them repeatedly.

I had bad experience with them, i ordered a book and never got it - It wasnt a huge amount so i just didnt bother... 6 MONTHS later it arrived, i had totally forgotten about it. Never went back

Or you could try The Book Depository. They have free postage and are pretty cheap. I have always gotten my orders within the 2 weeks. They have many dog books as well as other books.

They can take ages with shipping, but at least it's free! Used them many times, no probs.

Book Depository are great - I've ordered plenty from them too - they are usually pretty reliable as far as delivery times are concerned. Last week I ordered a book from England through them, it arrived within a week! I read a week or two ago that Amazon have just bought them; don't know how that will affect their service, but hope it doesn't!

I've given up on Fishpond! Don't think they're particularly cheap, and I have had several second-hand books listed with them for sale but every time one is sold I have to wait ages and ages to be paid, and have to hassle and hassle them before it happens.

Another good site is ABE Books - http://www.abebooks.com/

I use both the book depository and Fishpond and have been doing so for the past 4 years. in other times, Fishpond only had free shipping with orders over $50. I've never had any issues with either suppliers...although the book depository did send me a crochet book that i hadn't ordered; the book that was supposed to come, had already arrived! :laugh: I still use both suppliers and my order depends on which can supply the cheapest price. I tend to use the American book depository rather than the UK one though. I always use PayPal for all my online shopping where it's available.

I tend to use the American book depository rather than the UK one though. I always use PayPal for all my online shopping where it's available.

Delivery is same no matter as all books sent fom Uk warehouse, prices seem to be nearly the same as well

And another thumbs down here for fishpond,awful delivery time and had to keep following up

Edited by GregW

Or you could try The Book Depository. They have free postage and are pretty cheap. I have always gotten my orders within the 2 weeks. They have many dog books as well as other books.

I can recommend these guys too. I've bought about 8 or so books off them and they all arrived within 2 weeks - infact most arrived within the 1 week mark :eek:

Edited by mr.mister

I haven't used fishpond for a couple of years as I found them a bit expensive as well as unreliable - and then I found the Book Depository UK - and haven't looked back. I always pay with Paypal - no Paypal, no purchase.

I tend to use the American book depository rather than the UK one though. I always use PayPal for all my online shopping where it's available.

Delivery is same no matter as all books sent fom Uk warehouse, prices seem to be nearly the same as well

And another thumbs down here for fishpond,awful delivery time and had to keep following up

Does the UK site charge in pounds or USD? i'm curious to know if having the AUD so high against the Greenback works in my favour by using the US site.