Backseat Buddy Question

Anyone had their BackSeat Buddy repaired?

The zip that joins the two halves together has finally busted. :cry: The other zips are fine. Seems a waste to throw out the whole thing, but the zip must close all the way as I have an old dog who's had a laminectomy and under no circumstances can she fall into the foot well.

I've sent Petavenue a msg, just wondered if anyone has had their zip renewed successfully by a tailor.

Cheers! :)

Is it possible to take it to a saddler and have velcro sewn to both sides? That way it will stick together in the middle but still be able to be ripped apart for people to use one side if necesasry.

Try taking it to an upholsterer. When my spa cover's zipper broke,my local uphosterer didn't even blink an eyelid. Apparently he also repaired campertrailer's canvas, very regularly. :thumbsup:

Oh- thank you - that's the sort of suggestion I was looking for. :thumbsup: It's a huge zip, pretty sure it needs an industrial type machine to replace it. :)

My zip broke on mine too. I purchased a cheap pet seat cover from cheap as chips to place under it. It's a really cheap version of The Backseat Buddy, without the zip. Then I placed my backseat buddy over the top. Works great and gives that extra protection without the cost of replacing it.