Plaque Remover

oakway

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will let you know how it goes through customs as I have two jars on the way.

As it is seaweed I wood not think of problems, but wo knows.

I did ask about it on an American list and was told would not be with out it.

I have already been informed that it will be available in Aust soon and it will be realeased by the Troy company.

If you are interested in the product please shop around on the internet, I have purchased mine off e bay UK.

There is a Plaque Off availabe in Australia. It's made by Triple Pet. Most of the large pet stores carry it.

I've been putting it in my dog's water for ages. My Cavaliers are 6 and 7 years old and have never needed a dental. They had a vet check 2 days ago and both dogs still have clean teeth.

ETA: I just looked at the bottle and it's made in USA.

Edited by cavNrott

Oakway, which website did you purchase it on. i looked at a few and they said they don't ship internationally. I will be interested to see if it makes if through customs too. Nothing beats a bone but very difficult in my place as they cause big fights.

Oakway, which website did you purchase it on. i looked at a few and they said they don't ship internationally. I will be interested to see if it makes if through customs too. Nothing beats a bone but very difficult in my place as they cause big fights.

Flaming long but it was the best I could do.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260818463039?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D260818463039%26_sacat%3D0%26Size%3D7%25252E5%26Brand%3DDiana%252520Ferrari%26_dmpt%3DAU_Women_Shoes%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D63889%26_trksid%3Dp3286.c0.m270.l1313%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Not sure why you would buy it overseas when you can get it in Australia :confused: Plaque Off, that is.

The particular one I have purchased is not available in Aust. as yet. As far as I am aware.

It is made from seaweed.

It was only discovered at the world dog show so I was told.

The distributers said it was not available in Aust as yet.

When it is it is supposed to be distributed by Troy. :)

The particular one I have purchased is not available in Aust. as yet. As far as I am aware.

It is made from seaweed.

Is it different to the one CavNrott refers to?

I'm interested in the product for my boy too. Not sure how tolerant he would be in relation to its ingestion, but who knows .... it might even be a good thing. I'm struggling to keep his teeth clean - back teeth are the biggest problem. Doing all the teeth cleaning etc.

It is made from seaweed.

Is it different to the one CavNrott refers to?

I'm interested in the product for my boy too. Not sure how tolerant he would be in relation to its ingestion, but who knows .... it might even be a good thing. I'm struggling to keep his teeth clean - back teeth are the biggest problem. Doing all the teeth cleaning etc.

As far as I am aware the one I got a friend to purchase for me is made in Sweden.

The product I first posted about is called Pro Den Plaque Off and as far as I am aware it is made in Sweden and is made from Seaweed.

The product that is ordered and on the way is the same product.

The distributer at the world show told a person with the same breed as me that it would be available in Aust. in the future and would be distributed by Troy.

I know no more than that sorry.

I do know that the deal I got on the product was a great one that's why it was purchased.

Thanks Oakway. I'd be very interested to know of your opinion on the Swedish product (I do wonder of the difference between that and the one from USA that CavNrott purchases) although I may not be able to make myself be quite that patient and there is a good chance I'll be ordering it before you've had a chance to trial it.

Thanks Oakway. I'd be very interested to know of your opinion on the Swedish product (I do wonder of the difference between that and the one from USA that CavNrott purchases) although I may not be able to make myself be quite that patient and there is a good chance I'll be ordering it before you've had a chance to trial it.

Go for it if you can get it easily.

I didn't even know that a similar product was available. :)

I will wait for mine and let you all know the results. It is supposed to work in days by just placing a tiny amount on the food.

As I am now starting into Toys, it will, I hope, make life easier on me and the Iggies.

I am just hoping that the daily brushing may turn into much less. :thumbsup:

Edited by oakway

It has been available for years, ProDen have the world patent on the claims that this particular seaweed can clean plaque off, so is probably different to the other one mentioned in the thread that goes in water.

However, it isn't a miracle cure and seems to work to a degree for some dogs but not for all

(I have trialed it in the past!)

It is also high in iodine, so care should be taken with dogs who have thyroid problems (can never remember if it is hypo or hyper!)

It has been available for years, ProDen have the world patent on the claims that this particular seaweed can clean plaque off, so is probably different to the other one mentioned in the thread that goes in water.

However, it isn't a miracle cure and seems to work to a degree for some dogs but not for all

(I have trialed it in the past!)

It is also high in iodine, so care should be taken with dogs who have thyroid problems (can never remember if it is hypo or hyper!)

Yep, correct. I forgot about the thyroid bit. But then I have known dogs that have thyroid problems that are on seaweed/kelp products to no detriment what so ever. But then as we all know every dog is different. I also suspect the that the waring is there to protect the manufacturer just in case. :)

Here's the ingredient list in the Triple Pet liquid Plaque Off. It works for us as Cavaliers are renowned for having bad teeth and both my 6yo and 7yo dogs have clean teeth and have never needed a dental.

Purified filtered water.

Anthium Dioxide

Yucca Schidera

Mint Oil

Sodium Benzoate

It claims to produce results in 48 hours. It's an odourless, tasteless liquid added to their drinking water. I buy it at My Pets Warehouse for $22.95 for a 237ml bottle. It's manufactured by Benedent Corporation in Texas USA. Marketed here by Triple Pet.

There are a few My Pet Warehouses in the 'burbs in Melbourne. I have a dog with pancreatitis so I need to be careful with what she ingests. This product has caused no issues.

It's not a seaweed product like the other one that isn't yet avaialble here. I believe the seaweed product comes in granules added to the dog's food.

Thanks cavNrott. I think I like the sound of the ProDen one - natural based. I have a blanket preference (generally speaking) to things being included in food rather than water. It doesn't matter too much if a dog is put off its food because of an additive, but I don't like the idea of additives being put in drinking water - opening up the possibility of the dog not drinking as much as it might, or not being able to choose instinctively to avoid something that might not be favourable for it in other ways. Not saying you are wrong - I guess I've always thought that way but have become even more particular about it with the experience my own current boy's digestive difficulties/problems have taught me.

Edited by Erny