Plaque Remover

oakway

It has been available for years, ProDen have the world patent on the claims that this particular seaweed can clean plaque off, so is probably different to the other one mentioned in the thread that goes in water.

However, it isn't a miracle cure and seems to work to a degree for some dogs but not for all

(I have trialed it in the past!)

It is also high in iodine, so care should be taken with dogs who have thyroid problems (can never remember if it is hypo or hyper!)

Yep, correct. I forgot about the thyroid bit. But then I have known dogs that have thyroid problems that are on seaweed/kelp products to no detriment what so ever. But then as we all know every dog is different. I also suspect the that the waring is there to protect the manufacturer just in case. :)

Like I said, it depends which type of thyroid problem it is!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, the ProDen PlaqueOff has arrived.

So no problems with customs. :thumbsup:

I will start with it tonight and let you all know what the results are.

By the way great service, about 10 day delivery time from the UK.

Have done some research on the ingredients of the liquid Plaque off I use.

Purified filered water - Yucca Shidera - Mint oil are all self explanatory.

I wanted to know what the following ingredients consist of:-

Anthium Dioxide: is an oxygenating agent contained in many fruit juices, drinks and toothpaste.

Sodium Benzoate: is a type of salt that kills bacteria, yeast and fungus. It's found naturally in apples, plums, cranberries and spices such as cloves and cinnamon.

The above 5 are the only ingredients in the product I use and are human grade.

I checked the product I use with my vet before I started adding to the dogs drinking water. Vet said there was nothing harmful in the ingredients and was interested to see if it worked. A couple years down the track we're both happy with it. The dogs teeth were fine when we started using it though. Raw meaty bones keeps them fairly clean.

We were speaking about both products yesterday and he said to stay with the product I'm using as there are no issues that could possibly arise from the iodine in the other product if animals have existing thyroid problems, though he doubts it would be an issue. My dogs don't have thyroid issues but he basically said "If it ain't broke etc.,"

So there we have it. I'll be interested to hear how the other Plaque Off product works once you all trial it.

Have done some research on the ingredients of the liquid Plaque off I use.

Purified filered water - Yucca Shidera - Mint oil are all self explanatory.

I wanted to know what the following ingredients consist of:-

Anthium Dioxide: is an oxygenating agent contained in many fruit juices, drinks and toothpaste.

Sodium Benzoate: is a type of salt that kills bacteria, yeast and fungus. It's found naturally in apples, plums, cranberries and spices such as cloves and cinnamon.

The above 5 are the only ingredients in the product I use and are human grade.

I checked the product I use with my vet before I started adding to the dogs drinking water. Vet said there was nothing harmful in the ingredients and was interested to see if it worked. A couple years down the track we're both happy with it. The dogs teeth were fine when we started using it though. Raw meaty bones keeps them fairly clean.

We were speaking about both products yesterday and he said to stay with the product I'm using as there are no issues that could possibly arise from the iodine in the other product if animals have existing thyroid problems, though he doubts it would be an issue. My dogs don't have thyroid issues but he basically said "If it ain't broke etc.,"

So there we have it. I'll be interested to hear how the other Plaque Off product works once you all trial it.

Go for it cavNrott, I totally agree "if ait broke"

Why would any body want to change from what works for them.

I didn't even know a product was available of this nature untill I read it on another list.

I do feed bones so don't have a problem with the Whippets.

I also feed bones to the Italian but on a smaller scale.

Now this is where the problem arises for me, it's not her back teeth that I have the problem with its the front ones and keeping them clean. Upon hearing about a product that may help, I went for it.

Who knows? your product may work better and if this one doesn't I will out to get the one you use. :thumbsup:

Also I have an Iggy coming into Quarantine and thought this product would be great to send down to be placed in her food and save me the cost of having to pay someone to go in and clean her teeeth. ;) (those that are importing or have imported know what I mean)

I lashed out and bought some as well. I have been using Aquadent but I don't really know if it works. Mac's teeth are getting tartar on them and he gets a chicken wing or 1/2 turkey neck each day.

He is a bugger as he goes ow ow ow ow ow ow ow hu hu hu hu hu if I try to brush his teeth (or brush his feet or wipe the 'sleep' out of his eyes)

Hope it works.

Ok ... would someone who knows mind helping me out please? I sent an email to ProDen asking about the product and how/where I could purchase some.

I received the following by response :

Ditt meddelande

Ämne: Plaque Off for dogs

Skickat: 2011-08-07 13:55

lästes den 2011-08-07 17:22.

Someone got the email address for the name of the distributor they purchased from? On the website, it said to contact ProDen direct (which I did) if Country of purchase wasn't listed (which we weren't).

Ok ... would someone who knows mind helping me out please? I sent an email to ProDen asking about the product and how/where I could purchase some.

I received the following by response :

Ditt meddelande

Ämne: Plaque Off for dogs

Skickat: 2011-08-07 13:55

lästes den 2011-08-07 17:22.

Someone got the email address for the name of the distributor they purchased from? On the website, it said to contact ProDen direct (which I did) if Country of purchase wasn't listed (which we weren't).

Try this site in the UK to purchase.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Proden-Plaque-Off-Animal-60g-/260818463039?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3cb9fde93f

Just ordered some aswell. Used to use Plaque Off a lot when I still lived in the UK, rate it quite highly, so glad I've been able to get some sent here (well hopefully it will get through customs here, though by Oakways experiences it looks ok!!).

Though I'm peeved at the price.. looking on Amazon UK I could get it for about £4 but they wouldn't deliver to Aus!!!! F*&^ers!!!

Here's the ingredient list in the Triple Pet liquid Plaque Off. It works for us as Cavaliers are renowned for having bad teeth and both my 6yo and 7yo dogs have clean teeth and have never needed a dental.

Purified filtered water.

Anthium Dioxide

Yucca Schidera

Mint Oil

Sodium Benzoate

It claims to produce results in 48 hours. It's an odourless, tasteless liquid added to their drinking water. I buy it at My Pets Warehouse for $22.95 for a 237ml bottle. It's manufactured by Benedent Corporation in Texas USA. Marketed here by Triple Pet.

There are a few My Pet Warehouses in the 'burbs in Melbourne. I have a dog with pancreatitis so I need to be careful with what she ingests. This product has caused no issues.

It's not a seaweed product like the other one that isn't yet avaialble here. I believe the seaweed product comes in granules added to the dog's food.

I use this one as well for my Poodles really pleased with it

I bought online from Clipperworld

They have a website I have just noticed on the bottle

Www.triplepet.com

Just ordered some aswell. Used to use Plaque Off a lot when I still lived in the UK, rate it quite highly, so glad I've been able to get some sent here (well hopefully it will get through customs here, though by Oakways experiences it looks ok!!).

Though I'm peeved at the price.. looking on Amazon UK I could get it for about £4 but they wouldn't deliver to Aus!!!! F*&^ers!!!

Glad to hear your good report.

LOL, glad you didn't get on the site that wanted $65 a pot. :laugh: Amazons USA were a good price but the postage was out of all proportions and the one I gave was the best including postage. Another two pots were orderd by me yesterday.

Glad to hear your good report.

LOL, glad you didn't get on the site that wanted $65 a pot. :laugh: Amazons USA were a good price but the postage was out of all proportions and the one I gave was the best including postage. Another two pots were orderd by me yesterday.

$65!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell fire that's steep!!

I do think it's pretty good stuff yeah... I'm fairly paranoid about teeth in general (my own included! lol) so I've always kept my two's teeth cleaned with the odd bone as well as manual brushing, but I've noticed my male dogs breath is a bit stinky lately (probably doesn't help that he licks up Tess's pee at every opportunity - dirty git!), so really glad to have found this thread that prompted me to get some more Plaque Off. Been meaning to get some for ages, but memory like a sieve!

Hope you have good results from it too!

Started the Plaque off yesterday here. No idea if it works yet but they love the taste & have drank heaps more water than usual. Its only a third of a capful in 8oz water. It was $28.95 for 475mls so will work out a lot cheaper than a tooth clean that an odd dog needs every so often.

Started the Plaque off yesterday here. No idea if it works yet but they love the taste & have drank heaps more water than usual. Its only a third of a capful in 8oz water. It was $28.95 for 475mls so will work out a lot cheaper than a tooth clean that an odd dog needs every so often.

Well thats good.

You have the one to put in the water and some of us will have the one to put in the food.

Lets all keep in touch and see if we are all happy with our chosen product. :thumbsup:

I, also, will be watching with 'baited breath'( :laugh: ) for the results. The Paps I have now don't have a problem, but I brush 2x a week and scale (if needed) monthly. The Irish Setter, however, always has plaque on one back tooth, that has to be scaled. The Gordon's are always clean.

As a human dental hygienist I don't see how this could possibly work, the way the plaque adheres to teeth it an only be removed my mechanical action (teeth cleaning). Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but maybe dog plaque is different to human plaque smile.gif

I bought some about 2 years ago and as far as I could tell it didn't make a difference.

O poop, perhaps I have blown all my money now.

That was my experiene with it, but maybe Boronia will have a better result, it seems to work for some peoples dogs.