• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have recently bought from here

here

500g of ascophyllum Nodosum for $15.95

- organic from Canada. No idea if it is the 'same stuff' time will tell I guess.

I think that's kelp powder, not the same thing as PlaqueOff. I'd be very interested to know though.

When my Rottie was a pup she used to get kelp powder in her home made BARF diet but the breeder didn't mention anything about it keeping teeth clean and gums healthy.

here

- organic from Canada. No idea if it is the 'same stuff' time will tell I guess.

I think that's kelp powder, not the same thing as PlaqueOff. I'd be very interested to know though.

When my Rottie was a pup she used to get kelp powder in her home made BARF diet but the breeder didn't mention anything about it keeping teeth clean and gums healthy.

I think maybe plaque off is just a fancy marketing ($$$) name for THIS kelp powder - afterall athe ingredients are the same - ie both are 100% ascophyllum nodosum.

here

I think maybe plaque off is just a fancy marketing ($$$) name for THIS kelp powder - afterall athe ingredients are the same - ie both are 100% ascophyllum nodosum.

I hope it is the same stuff. It would be a great saving for many of us.

I'm not really finding any affect on my dogs teeth though. :(

ETA Actually there IS an improvement! :o Just brushed a heap of gunk off!!!! :eek:

Going to order some from the above site. If it's the botanical name it's the same thing. :)

Edited by LizT

• 2 weeks later...

I had been using plaque off on my JS for a few months with no effect. I tried scraping it off with my fingernail but nothing came off. I have changed him over to a raw meaty bone diet in the hopes that his teeth will be cleaner. He's only 15 m/o now & was about 9-10 m/o when I started him on the plaque off. He's been on raw for about 2 months with some improvement, he must just have one of those mouths. :( LizT how many times did you clean your dogs teeth b4 you noticed a difference & what did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

If the products have the same Latin name/genus then I'm pretty sure they're the same product/species.

I did order 2 big tubs of ProDen Plaque Off from the UK a few months ago and had no trouble with customs. Shipping only took about 2 weeks too!

Edited by Mille

If the products have the same Latin name/genus then I'm pretty sure they're the same product/species.

I did order 2 big tubs of ProDen Plaque Off from the UK a few months ago and had no trouble with customs. Shipping only took about 2 weeks too!

My ProDen from UK has just been seized by DAFF customs as not meeting Australian quarantine requirements.

• 1 month later...

Been using the Plaque Off for some time now. Abby's teeth were good when I started and are still great. Mickey's teeth weren't too good at the start but are definately better now although not perfect. They both get bones every second day.

just wondering if anyone has update results on their dogs plaque issues, since useing either Proden or Troys plaque off? Did dolers " scruffy n flea " and "Anniek" have any results useing the herbs from Canada, which is so much cheaper?

Thanx

I was just thinking this too, yesterday! Finished my first little jar of PlaqueOff...the dog with the bad teeth has noticeably better teeth and breath having been on it for 6-7 weeks...but it's soooo expensive! Would love to know if the generic import actually got into the country and is working.....

PS: I paid $40 for my first jar online - but if anyone lives near Picton, NSW, Derks Produce has it on special from tomorrow at $29.95 - off to get one in the morning.....

I've found it works pretty well with Annie's teeth, but it doesn't work so well with Maxie. But Maxie does build up tartar on his teeth much more quickly than the other dogs do. They all seem to have better breath when on it though.

I've found it works pretty well with Annie's teeth, but it doesn't work so well with Maxie. But Maxie does build up tartar on his teeth much more quickly than the other dogs do. They all seem to have better breath when on it though.

Hi,

With Maxie it could pay to double the intake for a while and see what happens. I believe this is what PlaqueOff suggests.

Hi,

With Maxie it could pay to double the intake for a while and see what happens. I believe this is what PlaqueOff suggests.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Mac and Daisy's teeth are pretty good but there was no real difference with Penny's teeth. I doubled her dosage two months ago and they now looking better.

I also bought some Petzlife and spray some onto her teeth so that may also be helping.

I would be interested in finding out the results of that much-cheaper-seaweed-powder mentioned here.

I, to would like to know any results from the much-cheaper-seaweed herbal variety.

I would appreciate any suggestions that dolers can help me with my 6 year old American cocker spaniel, who has been on raw food all her life. First Dr B's and then Big Dog patties when he sold out, an didn't keep the recipe.She has also had Eagle Pack dry food and then Black Hawk, once it came out. Lately she won't eat bones!!!! I buy the little leg bones, with the two joints, knee and ankle, that she used to love. She is getting a build up of plaque, and her gums look quite red. She looks keen, sniffing and guarding it from the cats, but won't eat it!!!! I freeze them and defrost them overnight in the fridge and she used to eat them once they weren't cold. I am hoping that a period of time on plaque off might clear up any gums/teeth problems she has, but am open to any help.

Thanx in advance

:confused::confused: