Plaque Remover

oakway

i'd be cautious about the amount you use given that it's high in iodine.

The iodine controversy

I stumbled across this thread while researching plaque removers for my dogs.

Do you know whether regular use of this is okay for the dog without thyroid problems? Afterall, its a dose of iodine a day compared to literally none at all right now.

Is there a difference with the brand. I flipped through a number of pages on this thread and some people talk about Troys and other talk about Proden. Are they the same thing just different brands?

Thanks.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'd be cautious about the amount you use given that it's high in iodine.

The iodine controversy

I stumbled across this thread while researching plaque removers for my dogs.

Do you know whether regular use of this is okay for the dog without thyroid problems? Afterall, its a dose of iodine a day compared to literally none at all right now.

Is there a difference with the brand. I flipped through a number of pages on this thread and some people talk about Troys and other talk about Proden. Are they the same thing just different brands?

Thanks.

Troy is the Australian distributor for ProDen. It is so much cheaper to purchase from overseas than through the Troy company.

I use e bay overseas. Look through them as some are cheaper than others and the postage can vary so keep a good lookout.

The amount given has has had no effect on any of my dogs. One has just had a Thyroid T5 done (for breeding purposes) in America and the results are excellent.

The amount given daily is so small and what's more, it works.

Troy is the Australian distributor for ProDen. It is so much cheaper to purchase from overseas than through the Troy company.

I use e bay overseas. Look through them as some are cheaper than others and the postage can vary so keep a good lookout.

The amount given has has had no effect on any of my dogs. One has just had a Thyroid T5 done (for breeding purposes) in America and the results are excellent.

Thank you. How long has the dog been on it before the thyroid test was done?

Thank you. How long has the dog been on it before the thyroid test was done?

August 2011

Also was on seaweed meal before this. (This way I killed two birds with the one stone nutrition and teeth). I believe the disclaimer on the bottle is there to safe guard the manufacture just in case.

Always remember that many people believe that if one scoop is good, lots more may be better when one is more than sufficient.