Plaque Remover

oakway

Hi shantiah, details are on a previous page, $39.99 plus postage from online pet warehouse.

Does anyone know which size the Troy PlaqueOff is seling for $39.99 please. I can't find the size listed anywhere. If it's a the 60gm size it's a bit exy. I bought the 180gm for around $50 from the UK.

It's only 40g.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ran out of time to get the Troy price today. Cant believe how much I still have to get done before Xmas. Good to know it is the same product so will see how it compares pricewise.

Hi shantiah, details are on a previous page, $39.99 plus postage from online pet warehouse.

It really does depend on who you purchase it off and what the exchange rate is at the time.

I can still purchase it overseas with freight included far cheaper than here and all from the computer and it is delivered to me. :)

Yep I paid only $37 inc postage for 2 x 60g bottles of the Proden.

is anyone doing anything else to assist their dog's dental health? are you brushing?

i've got both of my dogs [and bob the cat] on dental bikkies, bones and other longtime chewable products --- should i be brushing as well!?!?

If they will let you brush i would. I brush my poms teeth with an oral b electric toothbrush, i swear by it for her, its so much easier than doing it with a manual.

It's only 40g.

Wow! They're exy alright. I won't be buying from them, when I need more I'll buy from the same seller as last time. My 180gm for about $50 included postage too.

Just examined both dogs teeth and they're perfect. No sign of plaque or tartar, sparkly white. I think the Proden is much better than the one I was putting in their water.

Edited by cavNrott

is anyone doing anything else to assist their dog's dental health? are you brushing?

i've got both of my dogs [and bob the cat] on dental bikkies, bones and other longtime chewable products --- should i be brushing as well!?!?

By using the PlaqueOff I haven't had to brush or clean. :)

thanks oakway :) that's really good to hear!

Ran out of time to get the Troy price today. Cant believe how much I still have to get done before Xmas. Good to know it is the same product so will see how it compares pricewise.

It really does depend on who you purchase it off and what the exchange rate is at the time.

I can still purchase it overseas with freight included far cheaper than here and all from the computer and it is delivered to me. :)

that's a YUGE selling angle from my perspective --- it cost me aud$20 [postage included] for 60 gm and unless troy drops it's price, i'll continue buying from the uk :)

is anyone doing anything else to assist their dog's dental health? ... should i be brushing as well!?!?

If they will let you brush i would. I brush my poms teeth with an oral b electric toothbrush, i swear by it for her, its so much easier than doing it with a manual.

thanks alibi :) i was using an oral b electric on both my dogs before proden and they objected to it --- the proden product would make it less work in any event if i were to use the brush again and even tho it appears it's not necessarily necessary in the short term, in the long run it wouldn't be a bad idea even if it was only once a month or so :)

It's only 40g. <per kayla1 24 December 2011 - 10:34 AM> [i was short an 'off' quote]

that's less than the smallest size available online!!! AND it's twice the price!!! so unless troy providing the product onshore negates the possibility of buying it offshore, i'll continue buying it from the uk...

Wow! They're exy alright. I won't be buying from them, when I need more I'll buy from the same seller as last time. My 180gm for about $50 included postage too.

great price!

Just examined both dogs teeth and they're perfect. No sign of plaque or tartar, sparkly white. I think the Proden is much better than the one I was putting in their water.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using this for a few months now. Penny's teeth are much better but they still need to be brushed as she still has periodontal disease. It also hasn't lifted all the plaque.

Daisy's teeth are not too bad though she still has some light plaque on some of her teeth.

Mac is causing me some concern, I took him to the vet earlier in the week as he does a little wee sometimes when he turns over or if he lies on his back for a tummy rub. He is a bit pongy as well. They gave him some antibiotics as they thought he may have a UTI.

The urine sample I took in showed no sugar but it did show protein.

I also said I was concerned with his weight-loss, he usually weighs around 8kg and now down to 7.4kg, The vet (not a normal one, maybe just out of vet school) said she couldn't suggest anything but bring him back after the AB's have finished and feed him bigger serves.

I have just given him his tea with the usual amount of Proden added and it dawned on me that his weight loss started a month or so after I started the dogs on the stuff.

I Googled 'weight loss with Proden plaque off' and there are quite a few topics about this problem,but it mainly concerns hyperthyroidism.

Here is a cut and paste of the relevant section... Hyperthyroidism is a very common disorder of older cats (usually cats over the age of 8 years). Dogs are rarely affected by this condition. It is caused by an increased production of thyroid hormone from the thyroid glands, situated in the neck. Thyroid Hormone has an important role in controlling the body's metabolic rate so animals with hyperthyroidism tend to burn up energy too rapidly and typically suffer weight loss despite having an increased appetite and increased food intake.

I may have to discontinue Mac's Proden now...bugger

I have been using this for a few months now. Penny's teeth are much better but they still need to be brushed as she still has periodontal disease. It also hasn't lifted all the plaque.

Daisy's teeth are not too bad though she still has some light plaque on some of her teeth.

Mac is causing me some concern, I took him to the vet earlier in the week as he does a little wee sometimes when he turns over or if he lies on his back for a tummy rub. He is a bit pongy as well. They gave him some antibiotics as they thought he may have a UTI.

I also said I was concerned with his weight-loss, he usually weighs around 8kg and now down to 7.4kg, The vet (not a normal one, maybe just out of vet school) said she couldn't suggest anything but bring him back after the AB's have finished and feed him bigger serves.

I have just given him his tea with the usual amount of Proden added and it dawned on me that his weight loss started a month or so after I started the dogs on the stuff.

I Googled 'weight loss with Proden plaque off' and there are quite a few topics about this problem,but it mainly concerns hyperthyroidism.

Here is a cut and paste of the relevant section... Hyperthyroidism is a very common disorder of older cats (usually cats over the age of 8 years). Dogs are rarely affected by this condition. It is caused by an increased production of thyroid hormone from the thyroid glands, situated in the neck. Thyroid Hormone has an important role in controlling the body's metabolic rate so animals with hyperthyroidism tend to burn up energy too rapidly and typically suffer weight loss despite having an increased appetite and increased food intake.

Sorry to hear that Boronia. It does state on the bottle not recommended for animals undergoing treatment for Hyperthyroidism.

Mine, I have to say are all thriving and NO teeth cleaning has taken place for months now. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that Boronia. It does state on the bottle not recommended for animals undergoing treatment for Hyperthyroidism.

Mine, I have to say are all thriving and NO teeth cleaning has taken place for months now. :thumbsup:

I don't know if he has hyperthroidism, I am just grasping at straws that the Proden may be the cause of his weight-loss. If I stop his daily dose and he regains weight I am not going to know if it is the Proden or the antibiotics...I could wait a month or two I suppose and try him on 1/2 the daily dose.

I tried emailing Troy today & got an error message. I just wanted to know where the Troy product was available. There's no mention on their website of distribution.

You cant buy direct from Troy. I got it direct from them through the vet I work at. Think it was $30 wholesale for a tiny container but I wanted to try it first. I just bought the 420g off ebay UK $90 including postage. The tiny container lasted about 10days doing 4 large dogs and 7 smalls

My two cents just for the record: We tried it years ago and it did not work for us which was very disappointing. :(

Was it the one that is made in Sweden from seaweed ? because it has not been available in Aust. until the last few weeks. We have been purchasing it from sellers oveseas.

Sorry to hear it did not work for you. But then their is always the exception to the rule. The exception to the rule is usually me, but thankfully this time it was not. :)

I told my vet about proden she now has the Troy cat and dog one on her shelves

I had a order with Troy for over a month they then refunded my money

I then ordered from the e-bay UK site here in two weeks

I have used

Plaque off in the water for years I now realize it did nothing for my dogs

2 months of using Proden my old dogs have clean teeth

My Vet my dogs and myself are all very happy

I Thank you Oakway for making Us aware of Proden xxxxx

Edited by Poodlecrazy

can someone please tell me which ebayer you are buying through now?

after my last lot nearly not getting through customs, I'm a bit uncertain where to buy from.

Annie

Sure All Creatures Vets UK

thank you - do you ask them to write anything specific on the parcel contents description?

after my last lot nearly not getting through customs, I'm a bit uncertain where to buy from.

Annie

thank you - do you ask them to write anything specific on the parcel contents description?

I haven't they seem to know what to do when sending to au

I have some shipped on the 11th January should arrive around 25th I can let you know before you order if you like

Annie

I have some shipped on the 11th January should arrive around 25th I can let you know before you order if you like

I've ordered this afternoon, but thanks anyway.

Annie

I've ordered this afternoon, but thanks anyway.

Mine arrived today they cross gift I ordered up while it's still getting through ok

• 3 weeks later...