Plaque Remover

oakway

The website says...

If tartar is not removed from your pet’s teeth, it builds up under the gums and separates the gums from the teeth to form “pockets” which encourages even more bacterial growth. At this point the damage is irreversible and can be very painful. Unfortunately, dogs and cats are experts at masking discomfort and pain and many owners may not notice that their pet has a proble

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mandela's was/is pretty bad too, although it is not as thickly coated now and white tooth is coming through :). But it has taken a good while.

Initially, brushing teeth didn't make any difference, other than stopping more plaque building up. But I think the Plaque Off has weakened the tartar and made it thinner, so I think brushing does help a tad.

I did a bit of scraping with the dental tool I have - that helped quite a bit actually but I'm not adept at it yet and have ordered the blunt end style to see if I find that a little easier until I get used to it. If I can become practiced at it, I think this is the combo that will see us through. (With a huge dollop of luck as, unless Mandela's gum ulcers go away, he's in for xrays and a dental clean ..... along with potential teeth extraction :( ).

I've sent an email to Proden asking about the tartar under the gum and if the Plaque Off would remove that. I'll post up here when I get a response.

So, in short, WP, I'd keep up with teeth cleaning and keep on with the Plaque Off. If the gums are reddened your dog might need some extra help.

ETA: Nylah bone? I bought one for Mandela because he doesn't do bones much either, but he doesn't do Nylah bones either, it seems. Deer Antlers? Mandela doesn't chew these either, but I know other dogs who do enjoy chewing them - perhaps yours is one? There's some other chews I bought - "Naturalicious". Mandela did ok with them, but I'm holding back on the last one I have as I suspect that his gum ulcers are helping to put him further off chewing than he would be. But if I get past the ulcers, I think the tartar, now that it is a bit weaker/thinner, might cop a beating if he chews one :crossfingers: .

Edited by Erny

Would anyone like to buy my bottle of stuff.. I only used it once..Just had show dogs at vets getting teeth clean so i wont use it..

Not sure how much to sell it for??

I think now would be the time to start using it to stop a build up of plaque on the teeth. :)

Would anyone like to buy my bottle of stuff.. I only used it once..Just had show dogs at vets getting teeth clean so i wont use it..

I think now would be the time to start using it to stop a build up of plaque on the teeth. :)

I agree I think the best time to start while the teeth are clean

I had a dogs teeth cleaned by the vet and within a month the build up started to come back. Spoke to vet and he recommended knuckle bones, and while I can provide them it is getting him to chew them that is the problem. All he does it take everyone's bones and buries them.

If you decide to sell the bottle down the track I would be interested - will try it as I am not really thrilled with the idea of continually having his teeth cleaned at the vets and brushing isn't solving the problem.

I agree totally.

For those who read the post where I questioned as to whether Plaque Off would rid the dog of tartar/plaque from underneath the gum, I emailed Proden with the question. For information sake, this is the answer I got :

The tartar under the gum could be exposed when your dog get healthier gum and this way the PlaqueOff will work on that otherwise it will not take the tartar under the gum.

Sorry to hear that it takes longer time for PlaqueOff to work on Mandela. Sometimes it could be that it takes longer time. My suggestion would have been to double the dose for two weeks to see what happens and then go back to normal.

PlaqueOff is 100% natural only rich on vitamins and minerals .

Edited by Erny

I agree totally.

For those who read the post where I questioned as to whether Plaque Off would rid the dog of tartar/plaque from underneath the gum, I emailed Proden with the question. For information sake, this is the answer I got :

The tartar under the gum could be exposed when your dog get healthier gum and this way the PlaqueOff will work on that otherwise it will not take the tartar under the gum.

Sorry to hear that it takes longer time for PlaqueOff to work on Mandela. Sometimes it could be that it takes longer time. My suggestion would have been to double the dose for two weeks to see what happens and then go back to normal.

PlaqueOff is 100% natural only rich on vitamins and minerals .

Hi, I think it was great of them to reply as quickly as they did and the thing that impressed me was the honesty in their answear. :thumbsup:

Hi, I think it was great of them to reply as quickly as they did and the thing that impressed me was the honesty in their answear. :thumbsup:

My sentiments also, Oakway. The person I've been communicating with has always responded promptly and straight up and is very personable. I'd like to meet her. I'm impressed.

Edited by Erny

An update on Proden Plaque Off from Canine Health Services

As you know, my shipment of Plaque Off has been seized by customs. After many phone calls, emails and many hours of stress it appears that I have lost this shipment as I have been informed that I need a permit to import it. The cost involved starts at $500 + $40.00 per hour for the initial application with no guarantee of success. At this point I am unable to pursue this financially. This has been very frustrating for me, and I appologise deeply to those who have been waiting for this shipment. For those who wish to attempt to purchase from overseas - there is a chance of getting through customs BUT be aware it may get through several times and then get picked up, not everything is screened. That is what happened to me, I believed that because it had come through previously that everything was fine, how wrong I was !!!!

I am able to supply Troy Plaque Off 40gr for $32.00 to anyone who wants it, I know that it is alot dearer, BUT it is Proden Plaque Off imported by Troy with a permit.

Once again please accept my appologies

As you know, my shipment of Plaque Off has been seized by customs. After many phone calls, emails and many hours of stress it appears that I have lost this shipment as I have been informed that I need a permit to import it. The cost involved starts at $500 + $40.00 per hour for the initial application with no guarantee of success. At this point I am unable to pursue this financially. This has been very frustrating for me, and I appologise deeply to those who have been waiting for this shipment. For those who wish to attempt to purchase from overseas - there is a chance of getting through customs BUT be aware it may get through several times and then get picked up, not everything is screened. That is what happened to me, I believed that because it had come through previously that everything was fine, how wrong I was !!!!

I am able to supply Troy Plaque Off 40gr for $32.00 to anyone who wants it, I know that it is alot dearer, BUT it is Proden Plaque Off imported by Troy with a permit.

Have you spoke to the appropriate minister in Canberra ?.

Is this because you have inported in large quantities ?.

Have you got onto the your News Paper and your Radio Station on a talk back programme. ?

Many years ago I mported a large quantity of dog tablets, I just paid the import licence fee and all was well.

Have you spoke to the appropriate minister in Canberra ?.

Is this because you have inported in large quantities ?.

Have you got onto the your News Paper and your Radio Station on a talk back programme. ?

Many years ago I mported a large quantity of dog tablets, I just paid the import licence fee and all was well.

They are not going to help you, you need a permit it's that simple.

Customs randomly pick out parcels to open and check large and small quantities of anything - I have had things like socks checked and printed paper material over the years.

Oh darn it! I purchased the Plaque Off and it's working great on Mick. Been using it for a number of weeks and the thick scratchy build-up has gone, there's just a bit of yellowing left at the gum line. Thankfully I've still got heaps. When I got it, read that half of the enclosed scoop was the dose for his size, opened it and the scoop size made me laugh, enough for a long time for Mick.

Erny, bones are out all together because of behavioral issues. Plus we've had some scary bloat and blockage experiences

I was just reading a US mag and came across an ad for a gel called Tropiclean. I googled and found lots of discussion on both that and Petzlife gel. Has anyone tried these also?

I've found Petzlife in aust and thinking of trying it out in conjunction with plaque off

http://www.tropiclean.net/products/clean-teeth-gel.php

http://www.greenpet.com.au/search.php?search_query=Oral&x=0&y=0

I do think the plaque off is but I'm keen to avoid them all having to have dentals if possible