Plaque Remover

oakway

As a human dental hygienist I don't see how this could possibly work, the way the plaque adheres to teeth it an only be removed my mechanical action (teeth cleaning). Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but maybe dog plaque is different to human plaque smile.gif

They have the product for people to. :)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have used Petzlife oral care for about 8 years, first used it on my old girl who would not let me

clean her teeth and they were very badly covered in plaque. It was amazing in about 4 months most

of the plaque had gone. I know use it on any of my dogs who wont let me clean their teeth especially

the oldies. It comes in a spray or gel and all you do is spray it on or wipe it over teeth once a day.

Will be interested to see if Proden works as it sounds very easy to us.

I have used Petzlife oral care for about 8 years, first used it on my old girl who would not let me

clean her teeth and they were very badly covered in plaque. It was amazing in about 4 months most

of the plaque had gone. I know use it on any of my dogs who wont let me clean their teeth especially

the oldies. It comes in a spray or gel and all you do is spray it on or wipe it over teeth once a day.

Hi Ron,

Yes, I think this the product that a friend used and finds excellent.

I was hoping to be able to by pass the everyday job of putting it in the mouth.

Thought adding ProDen to the food may be easier on both me and the dogs.

Looks like we are finding lots of products that may be able to help with the never ending tartar problem we have with SOME dogs.

I agree would prefer to just to have something that just goes on their food each day looking forward to hearing

about the results you get. Also hoping it arrives in Oz soon.

Hi Ron,

Yes, I think this the product that a friend used and finds excellent.

I was hoping to be able to by pass the everyday job of putting it in the mouth.

Thought adding ProDen to the food may be easier on both me and the dogs.

Looks like we are finding lots of products that may be able to help with the never ending tartar problem we have with SOME dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the dogs have been on PlaqueOff for 2 weeks and so far so good. I have no problems with this product what so ever.

It is early days yet and no Plaque can be seen on the dogs teeth.

I did clean the dogs teeth before starting this product so if any plaque appears I should be able to identify it straight away. I have not cleaned the dogs teeth since starting this product.

Cheers all.

I got mine yesterday so it'll be interesting to see if the plaque on Mac's teeth disappears. Daisy has a small amount and Pen is plaque-free (though she has only 3 front teeth, her canines and some of her molars left)

It has a neat little spoon doesn't it Oakway :)

Edited by Boronia

I got mine yesterday so it'll be interesting to see if the plaque on Mac's teeth disappears. Daisy has a small amount and Pen is plaque-free (though she has only 3 front teeth, her canines and some of her molars left)

It has a neat little spoon doesn't it Oakway :)

:laugh: Its hardly a spoon at all. Such a tiny amount that you use.

Edited by oakway

Well no such bl**dy luck for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a happy bunny.. got a notice of intention to destroy goods from AQIS this morning..... So much for getting Plaque Off ... how the heck did everyone else get theirs through???

:(

Ring them ask what the problem is.

Also ask them how come the Troy company is bringing it in as the Australian distributor.

Just had a better thought e mail the company in Sweeden and tell them what's happened.

Edited by oakway

Well... I just phoned the AQIS lot a little while ago. Spoke ot one of the Quarantine Officers & explained that I knew of people who had already had some Plaque Off sent through and I wouldn't have ordered it otherwise, he explained that because the item had plant matter in it (i.e seaweed) that could be why it's been held. Told him it was for dogs, they only have the tiniest amount on their food and he said he would look into it and either call me back or send the product on to me....

Here's hoping!

Oakway, I ordered mine from the Ebay seller that was suggested on this thread.. rather than the company itself in Sweden.

Well... I just phoned the AQIS lot a little while ago. Spoke ot one of the Quarantine Officers & explained that I knew of people who had already had some Plaque Off sent through and I wouldn't have ordered it otherwise, he explained that because the item had plant matter in it (i.e seaweed) that could be why it's been held. Told him it was for dogs, they only have the tiniest amount on their food and he said he would look into it and either call me back or send the product on to me....

Here's hoping!

Oakway, I ordered mine from the Ebay seller that was suggested on this thread.. rather than the company itself in Sweden.

I think we all ordered from the same place.

I sugested to let the company know, as they may have been able to advise customs and discuss the matter on your behalf.

They are the ones that want to sell the product here. It is to their advantage to be able to discuss the product with Australian customs and get their product released.

Here's hoping!

I think we all ordered from the same place.

I sugested to let the company know, as they may have been able to advise customs and discuss the matter on your behalf.

They are the ones that want to sell the product here. It is to their advantage to be able to discuss the product with Australian customs and get their product released.

Ah, sorry, I get your point. I'll get in touch with them aswell, thanks!

She had written 'Dog Toothpaste' on the customs declaration form on my packet...not quite the correct description methinks.

I have no idea what was written on mine, never looked.

But as I said I had no problems with the lots that come through.

The teeth are still white with no staining or plaque.

I did use the tooth brush the other day but only because when I did look it appeared as if Madam had been eating something with dirt and it was on her teeth so I just used the brush to clean it off and all the teeth are pearly white, so far so good.

If I only have to brush the teeth once a fortnight that is a distinct advantage to having to clean them every day or second as I have been doing.

I just bought a new bottle of the liquid Plaque Off and they've apparently deleted the Anthium Dioxide from the ingredients. The following ingredients are the only ones listed on the bottle.

Purified filtered water.

Yucca Schidigera.

Mint oil.

Sodium Benzoate.

I just bought a new bottle of the liquid Plaque Off and they've apparently deleted the Anthium Dioxide from the ingredients. The following ingredients are the only ones listed on the bottle.

Purified filtered water.

Yucca Schidigera.

Mint oil.

Sodium Benzoate.

Would there be any point in ringing the maufacturer to see why.

Would there be any point in ringing the maufacturer to see why.

It's manufactured in the USA.

I'm happy with the product. Cavaliers usually need dentals every couple of years. My boy is 7 1/2yo and my girl is 6yo. Neither have ever needed a dental and their teeth are good. They had a health and dental check up 4 weeks ago

Purified filtered water.

Yucca Schidigera.

Mint oil.

Sodium Benzoate.

Anthium dioxide, also known as Stabilized chlorine dioxide, is a supposidly powerful bactericide, fungicide & antimicrobial agent & is often the ingredient in some whitening toothpastes & drinking water, as it is effective in dissolving food films on teeth which cause plaque & discolouring. The Yucca Schidigera & mint oil is contained in one of the more popular premium dog kibbles. Sodium Benzoate, also known as Preservative 211, is commonly used in soft drinks & sauces & has been in the news lately, as it has been shown to have major adverse health effects in humans.

My question is...if the main ingredient of Anthium Dioxide has been deleted from the product, then why not just feed a premium food which contains the other two ingredients & without the 211...like Black Hawk, which also contains dried kelp, or other holistic foods which contain it (I am sure there are others)

ETA...the link to info on Sodium Benzoate (211)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/269520/soft-drink-additive-damages-dna-report

Edited by sheena