Plaque Remover

oakway

One ebay UK vendor says don't ship to Australia. Another I emailed them and they said no they don't as it is always stopped by customs. So which vendor is having luck getting it through customs? Is seaweed (plant) allowed into Australia from overseas I would have thought perhaps not. What did they put on the customs decs as description those that have received it?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One ebay UK vendor says don't ship to Australia. Another I emailed them and they said no they don't as it is always stopped by customs. So which vendor is having luck getting it through customs? Is seaweed (plant) allowed into Australia from overseas I would have thought perhaps not. What did they put on the customs decs as description those that have received it?

The stuff I bought is called this: Proden Plaqueoff Animal Plaque off

and the link to the Ebay seller is: http://home.shop.ebay.com.au/Dogs-/20742/i.html?_catref=1&_dmpt=AU_Pet_Supplies&_fln=1&_ssn=amber_wolf_pets&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

She marked the packet as "Dog toothpaste"

I had no trouble with customs,

This is address where mine came from,

A new order has been placed for a larger container for a friend.

Sorry the link isn't working and I have removed it.

I will keep searching for a correct one.

Edited by oakway

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some advice. Mac, my 12 year old westie has only a few teeth left (quite a lot removed as soon as he came out of the dog factory) and at his age and with his dementia I'm desperate to preserve the few teeth he has and avoid further GAs and dentals if I can.

I've read through the thread - there are two types of plagueoff, one available locally (Triple Pet?) and the other the Proden out of the UK (the seaweed one). Then there's the Petzlife oral care Ron mentioned which also seems to be available locally. So do I have that summary right?

If so, what would people recommend for my old westie with few teeth, some plague already and slighty whiffy breath? Boronia how are you going with your rescue westies teeth? Is the seaweed product working do you think?

And the irony is my 10 year old girl - unrelated to Mac - has the most glorious teeth - and until recently they were fed identically!

TIA

Edited by westiemum

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some advice. Mac, my 12 year old westie has only a few teeth left (quite a lot removed as soon as he came out of the dog factory) and at his age and with his dementia I'm desperate to preserve the few teeth he has and avoid further GAs and dentals if I can.

I've read through the thread - there are two types of plagueoff, one available locally (Triple Pet?) and the other the Proden out of the UK (the seaweed one). Then there's the Petzlife oral care Ron mentioned which also seems to be available locally. So do I have that summary right?

If so, what would people recommend for my old westie with few teeth, some plague already and slighty whiffy breath? Boronia how are you going with your rescue westies teeth? Is the seaweed product working do you think?

And the irony is my 10 year old girl - unrelated to Mac - has the most glorious teeth - and until recently they were fed identically!

TIA

Edited by oakway

Hi All,

TIA

Westiemun my only suggestion would be to give any or all of them a try.

I think many of us are using the the Seaweed one because of the good reports about it from overseas.

It could be like many things, works on some and doesn't work on others.

I have mine on it (ProDen) since the 5th Aug. and it has so far, the thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

There was a bit of what looked like plaque around the front teeth and all I did was get the tooth brush and give it a whisk around the teeth and everything just disappeared. If that's all I ever have to do keep the dogs teeth in good order I will be very happy with the product.

I have been using it (1/2 spoon morning and night) for around nearly 4 weeks. Penny (who has not many front teeth left) had a build-up of plaque on her canines despite having a GA-teeth-clean and adding 'Aquadent' to their water. Mac and Daisy both had build up on their canines.

I gave them a toothbrush-clean this morning and some of the plaque came off...perhaps it is working!

I'll give a better update in a few weeks.

I worry about Penny as she can't eat bones, she just swallows them whole, so there is no bone-teeth-cleaning advantage and I am hesitant to get her teeth cleaned under a GA as she is an old-aged-pensioner.

Here is hoping the rest of the plaque will disappear.

Maybe a useful tip...I push their food to the edge of their bowls so it takes longer for them to eat it, I figure that the longer it takes to eat it (rather than bolting it down) the quicker it'll work.

Plaque off used to be available in Australia till the APVMA said it required registration. The distributor didn't want to get registration so they stopped importing it into the country. Got the goss from my animal naturopath as she used to recommend it to her patients. Supposedly worked ok. Slow process but does break down the plaque.

Plaque off used to be available in Australia till the APVMA said it required registration. The distributor didn't want to get registration so they stopped importing it into the country. Got the goss from my animal naturopath as she used to recommend it to her patients. Supposedly worked ok. Slow process but does break down the plaque.

Itavendale Hi, which Plaque Off there seems to be serveral products with the same name.

I have been using it (1/2 spoon morning and night) for around nearly 4 weeks. Penny (who has not many front teeth left) had a build-up of plaque on her canines despite having a GA-teeth-clean and adding 'Aquadent' to their water. Mac and Daisy both had build up on their canines.

I gave them a toothbrush-clean this morning and some of the plaque came off...perhaps it is working!

I worry about Penny as she can't eat bones, she just swallows them whole, so there is no bone-teeth-cleaning advantage and I am hesitant to get her teeth cleaned under a GA as she is an old-aged-pensioner.

Maybe a useful tip...I push their food to the edge of their bowls so it takes longer for them to eat it, I figure that the longer it takes to eat it (rather than bolting it down) the quicker it'll work.

How about using larger bones that can't be swallowed.

What about chicken frames and Turkey necks would that be of any help.

My understanding is that the substance actually changes the pH level of their saliva. Not just while the substance is in their mouth, but works through the body. Perhaps I'm wrong. Oakway .... do you think I've misunderstood?

But I agree with Oakway : if there's any way a good chew/not swallow bone can be given, nothing really replaces bones as being the best general dental care item. The only thing to watch there would be (my guess) that if your oldie's teeth are brittle/fragile, a hard chew bone might cause tooth breakage. Again - I'm not an expert in that department and learning as I go.

Thanks Oakway and Boronia,

Appreciate your advice - and yes I take your point about it working with some dogs and not others. I think I'll follow your lead O and B, and head down the seaweed path, Boronia particularly since you are having some success with your rescue westies with it - and your advice always works! :thumbsup:

So thanks tons - one more question - has anyone bought the big tub? The 420g and got it trough customs OK? (It seems like the cheaper option if I want to give it a good go).

Thanks again. :)

My understanding is that the substance actually changes the pH level of their saliva. Not just while the substance is in their mouth, but works through the body. Perhaps I'm wrong. Oakway .... do you think I've misunderstood?

But I agree with Oakway : if there's any way a good chew/not swallow bone can be given, nothing really replaces bones as being the best general dental care item. The only thing to watch there would be (my guess) that if your oldie's teeth are brittle/fragile, a hard chew bone might cause tooth breakage. Again - I'm not an expert in that department and learning as I go.

Yes as far as I am aware you are totally correct about the PH level. It certainly has stopped the tartar from sticking on the teeth.

As far as I am aware it is working for for my bitch and I am going to continue with it.

The bitch was mated last Saturday so we will see what happens.

Nothing like giving the product a good workout. :thumbsup:

Appreciate your advice - and yes I take your point about it working with some dogs and not others. I think I'll follow your lead O and B, and head down the seaweed path, Boronia particularly since you are having some success with your rescue westies with it - and your advice always works! :thumbsup:

So thanks tons - one more question - has anyone bought the big tub? The 420g and got it trough customs OK? (It seems like the cheaper option if I want to give it a good go).

No, I havent tried to purchase the large so far. A friend has a medium size on the way.

I will be in future purchasing the large size. Especially if our Iggy family increases. :laugh:

Ordered! :thumbsup: So lets hope it goes through customs without any bother. Found some information on dosage and since my westies are under 10 kgs bought the 180g to strart with. Will let you know how we get on - thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup:

No, I havent tried to purchase the large so far. A friend has a medium size on the way.

I will be in future purchasing the large size. Especially if our Iggy family increases. :laugh:

I do get turkey necks, cut the in 1/2 and mince the narrower end (the fat end doesn't go through my mincer)...the fat end I give to Daisy and Mac for their after-tea treat, Penny gets a 1/2 chicken wing, (I cut the shoulder-part cut off as she gets it stuck in her craw :laugh: )she does chew her 1/2 wing a little to get it into the correct throat-shape so it will slide down.

I can't give her lamb or beef as she gets itchy skin and I am worried that those bones that look like horse-bridle-bits in the turkey neck will get stuck.

I do get turkey necks, cut the in 1/2 and mince the narrower end (the fat end doesn't go through my mincer)...the fat end I give to Daisy and Mac for their after-tea treat, Penny gets a 1/2 chicken wing, (I cut the shoulder-part cut off as she gets it stuck in her craw :laugh: )she does chew her 1/2 wing a little to get it into the correct throat-shape so it will slide down.

I can't give her lamb or beef as she gets itchy skin and I am worried that those bones that look like horse-bridle-bits in the turkey neck will get stuck.

Boronis,

You can only do your best and you sure are doing that.

Another much larger than I ordered ProDen has come through Customs in the last few days. :thumbsup:

This product is just amazing me. Still NO plaque on the front teeth.

Yes, I gave the front teeth a quick wisk with a tooth brush yesterday and they are pearly white still.