Plaque Remover

oakway

Well I managed to get home from work in time to ring them this afternoon.

Although the womans words were quite adament that as a plant product I couldn't bring it in, her slightly wavering voice gave me some hope.

I played the "confused I don't understand role" - telling her that I have brought it n before, so she said I was lucky and it depends on the xray. I explained that Troy now sell it here and she told me that they would have an import licence and I don't. Then I told her I was very confused, because I had spoken to a couple of friends (yes you Oakway..lol) and that they had received the same letter and once they rang AQIS the product was released immediately.

She went away and came back a few times, then I asked her if she didn't have a list on her computer with manufacturers and products that were either allowed or not. And so I was still in a state of confusion as to why I can't have mine when other people have theirs and it seems to depend on who you talk to, so can I please talk to someone who will release it as they don't realy seem to have a difinitive yes or no.

She kept refering to it as a veterinary product and I kept telling her that no, you can buy it at pet shops now through Troy. After more umming and arring she said that if she released this one there was no guarantee that the next one would be released. Again I played more confusion...lol So I told her that I have no need to purchase it overseas anymore as I can buy it locally, so she will release it, but I won't risk it again.

Annie

mmm well it hasn't arrived yet

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine arrived today without any hassle with AQIS. I noticed the seller had written 'gift' in the details section of the package.

Did you get yours yet Anniek or are customs still giving you the runaround?

Have u got alink to who u brought it from?

Did you get yours yet Anniek or are customs still giving you the runaround?

I rtang them again yesterday - after searching and searching for the paperwork. I got the recorded message. Anyway the same lady as the first time rang me back - I was hoping for someone else. I quoted the reference and retold the story. She couldn't find anything on the computer or wahtever, so I quoted her the time and date of our conversation and went through it again. She said she would have to ring me back. Didn't hear back yesterday and had to go to work today. Anyway it was in the mail box when I got home :thumbsup:

It had been working well on my two greys teeth (that's two greys not two teeth), but as I haven't had any to use for a couple of weeks, they are looking bad again as just brushing wasn't enough.

So I am happy, but unsure about ordering it again from the UK. It aslo had "gift" on the docket.

Annie

I bought mine from amber_wolf_pets http://stores.ebay.com.au/amber-wolf-pets/Other-/_i.html?_nkw=proden&submit=Search&_fsub=1&_sid=1013357970

Just write Proden into their store search-box and it'll come up. You have the choice on size in the drop-down box.

i was waiting for a reply from them on postage.. and they replyed back saying they no longer post to aust anymore..

I bought mine from amber_wolf_pets http://stores.ebay.com.au/amber-wolf-pets/Other-/_i.html?_nkw=proden&submit=Search&_fsub=1&_sid=1013357970

Just write Proden into their store search-box and it'll come up. You have the choice on size in the drop-down box.

i was waiting for a reply from them on postage.. and they replyed back saying they no longer post to aust anymore..

well that's a bugger, I will now have to buy elsewhere. Lucky Oakway has posted those ebay links

having just spent near a grand on dental work for my boy, i was given some samples of aquadent [a drinking water additive] and having been assured that the miniscule amount of xylitol would do my 2 dogs and 1 cat no harm, i am convinced, by virtue of the testimonies in this thread, that i would much prefer to use proden plaque off...

thanks oakway [and others] for the heads up!

in that regard, i wrote to hoofanhound [ebay uk] asking whether they would consider sending it downunder and their reply was that they don't send outside the uk. so, i'm now going to contact allcreaturesvets2010, that claims to ship worldwide, to ensure that they actually do ship worldwide!

their 60gm bottle is about aud$14 [not including postage].

per my previous post, allcreaturesvets2010 has replied and does ship to australia. i've just placed an order for 60g of plaque off, total cost [converted at this time] aud$19.3958 [includes postage].

if anyone else is having issues placing orders for plaque off, try them.

i'll let you know how it goes with customs :)

efg

Edited by Skruffy n Flea

I queried this with Troy recently and was told it's the same formulation as the Proden. It's the granulated seaweed product. The one from online pet warehouse is 40g and directions are provided on the label - small scoop, not much is needed. Still expensive compared to Proden.

I have just ordered another lot for a friend who is using it and finds that it works.

It is often ten days to 2 weeks for its arrival here.

I live in the country so we always add a couple of days extra.

In future I will be ordering for myself the largest bottle their is to save on the costs.

I have just ordered another lot for a friend who is using it and finds that it works.

It is often ten days to 2 weeks for its arrival here.

I live in the country so we always add a couple of days extra.

In future I will be ordering for myself the largest bottle their is to save on the costs.

thanks oakway; i'll give it 'til the end of nov and if not received, i'll take a run at aquis.

i think too in future, i'll order the larger bottle because the more i hear about the product's success, the more i want to use it.

I had an email as shipped on the 14/11

Fingers crossed it gets through I will let you know

I ordered from All Vets Creatures

thanks, same same :)

k, so no delivery yet...

in anticipation of placing a phone call to aqis, what does one need to say, apart from the obvious, that is, to convince them that it doesn't need a tga import certificate?

amazon.com has it listed also: 180g at $37 and from what i understand [OH works for customs], international post from amazon is pretty much 'thru' when itnl mail is processed --- something to consider when contemplating your next purchase and if comparable to the price set by troy [when it's available]...