Plaque Remover

oakway

Would there be any point in ringing the maufacturer to see why.

It's manufactured in the USA.

I'm happy with the product. Cavaliers usually need dentals every couple of years. My boy is 7 1/2yo and my girl is 6yo. Neither have ever needed a dental and their teeth are good. They had a health and dental check up 4 weeks ago

Bummer, thought it may have been made here.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a new bottle of the liquid Plaque Off and they've apparently deleted the Anthium Dioxide from the ingredients. The following ingredients are the only ones listed on the bottle.

Purified filtered water.

Yucca Schidigera.

Mint oil.

Sodium Benzoate.

Anthium dioxide, also known as Stabilized chlorine dioxide, is a supposidly powerful bactericide, fungicide & antimicrobial agent & is often the ingredient in some whitening toothpastes & drinking water, as it is effective in dissolving food films on teeth which cause plaque & discolouring. The Yucca Schidigera & mint oil is contained in one of the more popular premium dog kibbles. Sodium Benzoate, also known as Preservative 211, is commonly used in soft drinks & sauces & has been in the news lately, as it has been shown to have major adverse health effects in humans.

My question is...if the main ingredient of Anthium Dioxide has been deleted from the product, then why not just feed a premium food which contains the other two ingredients & without the 211...like Black Hawk, which also contains dried kelp, or other holistic foods which contain it (I am sure there are others)

ETA...the link to info on Sodium Benzoate (211)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/269520/soft-drink-additive-damages-dna-report

A bit of trivia...& not sure if it is all that relevant :) but my OH uses a daily mouth wash called Curasept, which is recommended by his dentist. Interesting to note that Sodium Benzoate

is no longer listed in the ingredients. Obviously it must be still OK to put in pet products :confused:

ETA I just did a bit of Googling & it seems there are TWO products called Plaque Off....one made by Proden & the other by Triple-Pet, which is the one that contains the ingredients quoted by cavNrott above.

Edited by sheena

Anthium dioxide, also known as Stabilized chlorine dioxide, is a supposidly powerful bactericide, fungicide & antimicrobial agent & is often the ingredient in some whitening toothpastes & drinking water, as it is effective in dissolving food films on teeth which cause plaque & discolouring. The Yucca Schidigera & mint oil is contained in one of the more popular premium dog kibbles. Sodium Benzoate, also known as Preservative 211, is commonly used in soft drinks & sauces & has been in the news lately, as it has been shown to have major adverse health effects in humans.

My question is...if the main ingredient of Anthium Dioxide has been deleted from the product, then why not just feed a premium food which contains the other two ingredients & without the 211...like Black Hawk, which also contains dried kelp, or other holistic foods which contain it (I am sure there are others)

ETA I just did a bit of Googling & it seems there are TWO products called Plaque Off....one made by Proden & the other by Triple-Pet, which is the one that contains the ingredients quoted by cavNrott above.

Anthium Dioxide was the second ingredient in liquid Plaque off, not the main, but it's academic as the product no longer contains this ingredient. Anthium Dioxide is an oxygenating agent found in toothpaste, soft drinks and fruit juices.

Sodium Benzoate is found naturally in apples, cranberries, plums and in such spices as cloves and cinnamon. Such a tiny amount of the liquid Plaque Off is added to the water, just a few drops really, I doubt there would be any health issues. It's the last ingredient in the liquid Plaque Off.

Black Hawk sounds to be a good quality dog food for those who feed kibble. I feed a raw diet with raw meaty bones (which is probably why the dogs have good teeth). If I did feed dry food I couldn't feed Black Hawk because I have a dog with Pancreatitis and the fat content of Black Hawk is 14%. This is too high for a Pancreatitis dog. My older dog is also inclined to put on weight so again I can't feed a diet with a high fat content.

Yes, there are two types of Plaque Off, as has been discussed in this thread. The Prodent one sounds good, being a seaweed product. This is the one that's causing customs to give people grief with importation. When it becomes readily available in Australia I will probably change over to that product.

The liquid product is manufactured by the Benedent Corporation in Texas USA and marketed here under the Triple-Pet banner.

Oakway, are there any additional ingredients in the Prodent Product. If so, would you be kind enough to list them for us. Thanks.

Anthium Dioxide was the second ingredient in liquid Plaque off, not the main, but it's academic as the product no longer contains this ingredient. Anthium Dioxide is an oxygenating agent found in toothpaste, soft drinks and fruit juices.

Sodium Benzoate is found naturally in apples, cranberries, plums and in such spices as cloves and cinnamon. Such a tiny amount of the liquid Plaque Off is added to the water, just a few drops really, I doubt there would be any health issues. It's the last ingredient in the liquid Plaque Off.

Black Hawk sounds to be a good quality dog food for those who feed kibble. I feed a raw diet with raw meaty bones (which is probably why the dogs have good teeth). If I did feed dry food I couldn't feed Black Hawk because I have a dog with Pancreatitis and the fat content of Black Hawk is 14%. This is too high for a Pancreatitis dog. My older dog is also inclined to put on weight so again I can't feed a diet with a high fat content.

Yes, there are two types of Plaque Off, as has been discussed in this thread. The Prodent one sounds good, being a seaweed product. This is the one that's causing customs to give people grief with importation. When it becomes readily available in Australia I will probably change over to that product.

The liquid product is manufactured by the Benedent Corporation in Texas USA and marketed here under the Triple-Pet banner.

Oakway, are there any additional ingredients in the Prodent Product. If so, would you be kind enough to list them for us. Thanks.

Happy to do so.......but :laugh: the only ingredient is is....specially selected seaweed.

Distibuted by Molar Ltd. Wedmore BS28 4EB

[email protected] www.molarltd.co.uk

Manufactured by SweDenCare AB, Sweden

That's about it.

I got mine today... no problems with customs. Can't see why customs would knock it back, i can't see there would be anything that could cause harm to our environment

Really? Did you order from the ebay seller as well? I'm so naffed off lol!! Hopefully mine might have been released and posted, haven't heard anything to the contrary yet - and if I don't get it, I'll be calling them again! :)

Woo Hoo glad it arrived.

Well I am so far pleased with the results that I am seeing.

But we may not all get the same results.

Lets all keep reporting back and let one an other know our outcomes.

The most important thing we need to find out is....does it help our dogs, especially the ones with teeth problems.

Heres hoping.

Edited by oakway

I might be a bit slow on reports. Whilst waiting for the arrival of the product, Mandela's body did a dummy spit on the Hills Science Z/D diet (after being on it for 7 - 10 months or more) and I've had to change diet again. Long story short (because this thread is not about him), I've gone back to lamb and after even only a couple of lamb shanks, his back teeth have cleaned up a lot. I'm going to hold off from feeding him the product to see if I can get his teeth back to very clean without needing to add it to his diet at this time. Much depends on how he copes with the raw meat/bones and whether this time his guts remain settled on it.

would be a good idea to post up before and after photos, so we can see if the product is working!

Why??? were all honest people.

Plus their is nothing to see in any of my dogs mouths they have clean teeth to begin with.

This product for me, is to save the dogs having to get their teeth brushed, mainly the Italian's front teeth.

The back ones are usually clean from all the bone she gets.

Plus my dogs are shown and you never know when you may strike an overseas FCI tooth fairy.

I might be a bit slow on reports. Whilst waiting for the arrival of the product, Mandela's body did a dummy spit on the Hills Science Z/D diet (after being on it for 7 - 10 months or more) and I've had to change diet again. Long story short (because this thread is not about him), I've gone back to lamb and after even only a couple of lamb shanks, his back teeth have cleaned up a lot. I'm going to hold off from feeding him the product to see if I can get his teeth back to very clean without needing to add it to his diet at this time. Much depends on how he copes with the raw meat/bones and whether this time his guts remain settled on it.

Oh gee, just when you thought you had things going right.

I am sorry to hear that.

would be a good idea to post up before and after photos, so we can see if the product is working!

Plus their is nothing to see in any of my dogs mouths they have clean teeth to begin with.

This product for me, is to save the dogs having to get their teeth brushed, mainly the Italian's front teeth.

Plus my dogs are shown and you never know when you may strike an overseas FCI tooth fairy.

Why so defensive? Just thought it would be good to see the tartar going from the dogs.

Sorry your dog has a bad mouth.

Why so defensive? Just thought it would be good to see the tartar going from the dogs.

Sorry your dog has a bad mouth.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am sorry to hear that.

Thanks Oakway. But hey ..... life might get boring if my dog didn't keep me on my toes and guessing, wondering, trialling, spending $$$$$ on him, all the time, :laugh: . Don't think lamb will be the 'thing' for him, not long term at any rate. Not going by his farts. Just watching and waiting atm. But the silver lining is his teeth cleaning up :).

I am sorry to hear that.

Thanks Oakway. But hey ..... life might get boring if my dog didn't keep me on my toes and guessing, wondering, trialling, spending $$$$$ on him, all the time, :laugh: . Don't think lamb will be the 'thing' for him, not long term at any rate. Not going by his farts. Just watching and waiting atm. But the silver lining is his teeth cleaning up :).

Well they say it's an ill wind that bows no good or some such thing.

With owners that care the way you do I know your dog is going live a long and happy live. I dips me lid to ya.

You are one that goes above and beyond the call. :thumbsup: