I'm An Even Crankier Dobber

dee lee

I am so glad that you and Honey are ok, apart from a huge fright. I hope that this doesn not traumatise Honey too much. Sounds like you did all right things. Good thing this guy was at least in ear shot!

This guy sounds like such a monumental jerk :mad.

He obviously has learned nothing from the last incident, maybe some substantial fines will make him think twice. Unfortunately some people do not seem to care until it starts to hurt their hip pocket.

I feel sorry for the poor Dally, it's not his fault his owner is a ignoramus. Somehow I can't see this situation ending well for this boy :(.

Hugs to Honey, she sounds like such a good girl.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel so sorry for poor Honey! Next time you see a friendly Dally don't forget to encourage her that not all white spotty dogs are out to get her! I've had to work so much with Brutus cos he has been attacked by two lab brothers... and Is convinced even now that if its yellow, and a dog... its out to get him.

I think the more of us responsible dog owners who adopt a zero tolerance on unrestrained dogs that rush or attack ours... the better.. If It happens once I say report it straight away, chances are your not the first person its happened to... Be the first to report it. Quicker people are made accountable for their dogs actions then the less attacks there will be on people and dogs!

And we are nearly all armed with Camera/Video phones these days... Its amazing how many people start doing the right thing if they even THINK you got it on video.

Thanks for the support. :)

Honey will be ok, she is very easy going. Unlike me. :o

About half an hour ago I realised how upset I am. I'm all shaky and teary. :(

I hadn't heard from the ranger, and it had been a couple of hours, so rather than keep stewing and waiting I called the council just to check. Luckily I did. The idiot who'd answered earlier had logged my call as me just checking on the earlier attack & so no ranger was being sent!! :mad

I eventually managed to get a new report filed. The woman I spoke to got a bit hysterical once she worked out what I was talking about. It was a bit over the top, she kept saying "so its a loose dog attacking people in the street?!". I didn't bother correcting her because I guess she is right. I cant actually know if it wouldnt have attacked me too. :o

I feel sorry for the poor Dally, it's not his fault his owner is a ignoramus. Somehow I can't see this situation ending well for this boy :(.

I totally agree. The poor dog should be home, not outside the shop, then there would be no problem. :(

I hope this guy sees reason.

I would actually consider calling the police as well as the council this time - the man actually threatened you this time, and that's not on.

Good thinking, chris.

I'm not sure I could do that. I'm shaken enough and I have now exposed who I am to this guy. :o

I only just managed to get hold of my Hubby. He wants me to completely avoid the area now. :(

Its totally F*****. :cry:

*headdesk* Thank goodness you called to check, some people are a bit brainless! Hopefully now there will be a result; I can't imagine with the constant reports the council can just let it go.

*hugs* Remember to do some big breathes, and have a nice strong drink of coffee/tea/fizzy to calm your nerves, it's only natural to get upset over things like this. I understand if you're reluctant to go to the police, but please keep it in mind, even if just to file a complaint about the man and his dog's behaviour. Remember he is legally responsible for everything that his dog does.

Your hubby has a valid point of view, obvious he doesn't want to see you (or Honey!) getting hurt by dog or person, but it's a real shame that something like this has to upset your routine, that you are forced to take another walking route because of one irresponsible dickhead.

Sorry that you had to go through this again! The owner has obviously learnt nothing. You'd think there would have been other reports if this has already happened to you twice. It absolutely sucks that you have to walk a different route and i understand your frustration. We have a few dogs in our neighbourhood who are just allowed to roam free and i drive almost 10 minutes to walk my dog if i want to walk during the day :mad

I'm sorry this has happened again Dee lee :(

How many times have the Council seen this dog loose by itself now? There was twice you called them out from memory and didn't they already know the dog was an issue before?

If that's the case I'd be demanding a notice of intent to declare the dog a nuisance is served based on the dog being 'habitually at large'. If it already has a nuisance order on it I'd be demanding they take him to court.

Thanks for that advice Mel, I waited all day to hear back from a ranger, but no joy. :(

Apparently the guy I dealt with the last 2 times wasnt working today. I'm hoping that when he is back he will update me & I can address those issues. He has been really great thus far.

I plan on chucking an enormous stink over this. The spot where we got rushed is at the end of a pedestrian bridge- the safest way to cross a major road, it is difficult for me to avoid. I will be demanding some real action, even if I have to nag Clover!!!

Goldielover, I too am having difficulty believing that these are isolated incidents. I have considered making a flyer, asking if anyone else has problems with this dog & to let the council know. But that sounds a little crazy & obsessive. :laugh:

It all depends on how many times they've caught the dog at large. They need to have enough evidence to go with the nuisance order but from what you've said they should be able to go ahead with it.

To be honest based on what you've told us they could serve a notice of intent to declare the dog dangerous!

No Chris, I still haven't heard from the ranger. :mad

I am going to try calling later. I'm determined to get a real resolution. I spoke to a lawyer friend this morning & he has seconded the advice some have given on here & I will follow up with an email.

Again & again if necessary.

Mostly I am just worn out- I didn't sleep well last night, but I do feel less rattled, thanks. :)

Sic him Dee Lee :D

:thumbsup:

:laugh:

The ranger was great, told me a few things about his last visit with the owner, which confirmed my impressions (that he is an idiot bully).

He is going to visit him again today.

I was talking to a friend who walks past the shop everyday, & she told me the dog is never onlead & she finds it quite threatening. She has had her car fixed by the owner & said she wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of him. From a fairly intimidating woman, this makes me a tad nervous. :o

Hopefully he will just pull his head in and leash his dog or leave it at home.