Litters Due In October 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What day of the pregnancy are breeders doing their ultrasounds?

Does anyone Xray their bitches toward the end of the pregnancy?

My bitch will be day 31. My vet told me from day 28. I am still unsure if I will xray near to the end. Although I know a few breeders that do.

Mine will be day 31 if taken the day after insemination, or day 32 the day of insemination (was performed in the morning).

I'm hoping to do an Xray for a skeleton count so that I am better aware of numbers for my first litter. I probably will.

Congratulations to everyone expecting puppies in October. :)

I cannot wait to see the photos of all of our puppies!

We were actually about day 24 but usually day 28 onward to week 6 is what I've told is best.

If it looks more likely she's going to have a large litter I may xray, but at the moment 4 sounds reasonable so depends on how big she gets........of course I may change my mind ;)

Voodoo had her scan today. They say at least 12! :dropjaw:

:eek: That's one reason I'm scared to breed my rotty bitch, she comes from lines of bitches who have double digit litters! :o

So think you'll be getting that x-ray?? :laugh:

Yeah, I will get the xray. :doh: Already booked in for the 29th Sep. I shouldnt have been suprised. As Voodoo's lines are large litters too. Just thought we might have been an exemption. :rofl: Dumb thought!!!!

wow, Im part of the 'token' other breed litters! lol

Kiesha has her ultraound tomorrow :)

EDITED TO ADD 12!! OMG! I would be happy with 2 or 3, lol

Hehehe. :) Hopefully we can add Australian Shepherds to the list too. I will know Monday.

I'm pretty much certain she is now. She's dropped today.. She looks pregnant.

Hehehe. :) Hopefully we can add Australian Shepherds to the list too. I will know Monday.

I'm pretty much certain she is now. She's dropped today.. She looks pregnant.

Is that what they call it? Dropped? When I put my hand under I can definitely feel a baby bump on my girl...its quite firm :)