Supermarket Conversation

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I made a 30th birthday party on Saturday night super awkward by ranting about petshop puppies and BYB for much longer than necessary instead of simply answering the question that was directed at me "hey, do you know where I can get a chocolate lab puppy'... they changed the topic pretty quickly

I always forget the treat pouch on me, or the training leash in my pocket, or ummmm the big muddy paw mark up the back of my jumper that I never seem to find before I leave the house. Nothing like getting half way to an appointment only to realise that you have drool right across your black pants either.:laugh:

When the Customs Beagle indicated on the liver treats in my handbag. :D

That happened to me as well except the treats were in my pocket. Fortunately the handler was must understanding when I explained I was an obedience instructor.

The beagle kept coming back to me for treats. :)

Redfern station and look up to see 6 police officers around me and a very excited (youngish) labrador- not quite indicating but very excited..... I explained I had 4 girls in season at home and thankfully their older more experienced dog ignored me :o

After saying hello to said exuberant Lab twice more they made sure he was put further down the walkway so we didn't meet. Sweet dog though.

When the Customs Beagle indicated on the liver treats in my handbag. :D

That happened to me as well except the treats were in my pocket.

Happened to me too. I was at the Perth Airport carousel waiting for my luggage when the customs Beagle came over with tail wagging. I didn't know what I'd done wrong until I remembered the pack of Schmackos in my back pack...you see the dogs had flown with me and I was about to pick them up from the Air Express terminal. His handler was having a laugh...sounds like this is not an unusual thing to happen :)

When I made a 30th birthday party on Saturday night super awkward by ranting about petshop puppies and BYB for much longer than necessary instead of simply answering the question that was directed at me "hey, do you know where I can get a chocolate lab puppy'... they changed the topic pretty quickly

Haha! Happened to me at work just the other day!

As for the chocolate lab, dont get me started anyone who wants one because it will match the couch but doesnt like 'too much dog hair'. Er...

I am always finding those black poo-bags in ALL my handbags and jacket pockets.

ok I have to ask. My husband and I were at a dog show a couple weekends ago and we seen this lady combing her dogs coat with this dog brush. Then she picked it up and brushed her own hair with it. Is this a common thing? lol

LOL! I don't know if it's common but it made me laugh - thanks!

ok I have to ask. My husband and I were at a dog show a couple weekends ago and we seen this lady combing her dogs coat with this dog brush. Then she picked it up and brushed her own hair with it. Is this a common thing? lol

Yeah

Seriously showies can spend in the around the hundred dollar mark for a decent brush.

I would never spend that much on something going through my own hair.

:laugh:

I'm one step better I'm the crazy dog check out lady.

I catch so many people out, buuut I've made heaps of contacts including several showies and groomers, a lady who makes and sells dog treats( who I managed to sell a whole bunch of chicken too ;) ) and today I met a lady buying $160 worth of Schmackos.

How's that for crazy!

:laugh: (in her defense she said they were prizes for an agility trial ;) )

Guest Panzer Attack!

LOL. My dog's hair products are approximately 10 x more expensive than my own! I'm on the market for a hair dryer... for my dog. A hand held person hair dryer. That I will then use. I've never owned one before now.

I work in pet retail so unleash the dog crazy 24/7. I think my boss is going to flip out and kill me one day when I ask that final question that pushes him to the edge (I love my job). :o

Like, my partner posts on here and even HE tells me to shut up about the dog sometimes. :rofl:

E x

I love wearing black but Shar Pei slobber seems to highlight my clothes.

My car windows are also covered in slobber..I saw a great bumper sticker saying 'no that's not slobber on my window, it my dogs nose art'

LOL! I don't know if it's common but it made me laugh - thanks!

Yes for sure - don't forget that the dogs are super-clean for the show, and so the brush wouldn't be carrying anything icky...

:rofl:

Standard joke in our house is dog has a bed or two in every room. She has a grooming collection to the envy of top models, more brushes and combs than I have owned in a lifetime, scissors my daughter (hairdresser ) covets and I pay ridiculous amounts for shampoo and conditioner whilst our bathroom has black and gold on the shelf :o