Supermarket Conversation

I think I have done just about everything everybody has said they have done :rofl:

I have walked down the St. with 6 Rottie pups at once, I must have been absolutely nuts

I have at least 2 crates in my wagon, spare leads/collars clipped onto the them

When I worked with Rotties, our P/V's & wagons were all decked out for the dogs :rofl: not humans

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to get beer and takeaway last night. Got out of the car in the drive through (too blind to read the specials) and realised I was being stared at. Looked down - jacket I walk the dog in was a state - muddy pawprints, muddy cuffs, streaks of mud. Total sight. Apologised to the chortling bottlo staff. (Then decided to change to a different bottlo when they companionably asked me 'What happened to your usual car? We liked that car. What made you change?' - husband had normal car, I was in station wagon second car, with dog guard in back. When bottlo staff know the car, time to move.)

Lint roller (the sticky sheets one) in handbag, one in car and one in dresser drawer. Going to get another one for mum's car.

cat + dog hairs on every article of clothing.

More pet toys come home with me from shopping trips than things for me.

adn I've only had pets for about a month!!! :laugh:

ok I have to ask. My husband and I were at a dog show a couple weekends ago and we seen this lady combing her dogs coat with this dog brush. Then she picked it up and brushed her own hair with it. Is this a common thing? lol

Oh Crap - That Might Have Been Me! :rofl:

Crazy Dog Lady = checking the calendar to see if we are entered in a show BEFORE being able to commit to any other social event not involving dogs. (yep there are some of those that go on!)

I love wearing black but Shar Pei slobber seems to highlight my clothes.

My car windows are also covered in slobber..I saw a great bumper sticker saying 'no that's not slobber on my window, it my dogs nose art'

i need that sticker! :laugh:

i either have slobber or hair stuck to my clothing,and my dog is always with me so its pretty obvious

I get some strange looks going to the supermarket after a dog show.

Nice dressy suit covered in chalk and various dog related brooches and jewellery on me, sneakers usually covered in mud to complete the look :rofl:

The dry cleaners sent a bag of dog treats back with my show suits that i had left in the pockets :o

I picked up one of Keshwar's show jackets recently and the dry cleaner had hung a plastic bag from the coat hanger. Uh oh, thinks me - that could be any number of things. It was a chewed squeaky rat that was missing its tail.

:o :o :o

I took some work files home in my work suitcase the other night

Mocha and Latte were playing around the suitcase and then started to become obsessed with it's contents so I just put all the files in it and zipped it up

interviewing a client, open up his file and a chewed up cardboard toilet roll comes flying out of it :laugh:

I took some work files home in my work suitcase the other night

Mocha and Latte were playing around the suitcase and then started to become obsessed with it's contents so I just put all the files in it and zipped it up

interviewing a client, open up his file and a chewed up cardboard toilet roll comes flying out of it :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think I have done just about everything everybody has said they have done :rofl:

I have walked down the St. with 6 Rottie pups at once, I must have been absolutely nuts

I have at least 2 crates in my wagon, spare leads/collars clipped onto the them

When I worked with Rotties, our P/V's & wagons were all decked out for the dogs :rofl: not humans

This reminds me of the Bridesmaides movie; where the woman has all those labradors.

Bless her.

I know this is slightly off the subject but I thought some ppl might get a :laugh:

TO NON-PET OWNERS who visit our homes.

(1) Don't complain about our pets. They live here, you don't.

(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'Fur'-niture.

(3) Chances are, I love my pets more than I like you.

(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are family ..who are hairy, walk on all fours & don't talk back. ♥

I've been on the other side of the supermarket conversation...trying to give away samples of dog food at a Big W checkout, there was usually three responses to the question "Have you got a dog at home?"

1) OMG can you smell him/her?

2) *person checks self, and after finding no apparent evidence of hair* How did you know???

3) *person gets offended at the thought that they might possibly be a dog owner* poor lonely souls they must be lol

When you know what a breed of dog is and the vets at uni don't...

When the other vet students know to come to you when they are unsure of a breed.

ok I have to ask. My husband and I were at a dog show a couple weekends ago and we seen this lady combing her dogs coat with this dog brush. Then she picked it up and brushed her own hair with it. Is this a common thing? lol

My OH always tells me off when I do that, but my dogs' combs and brushes are much better than mine! :laugh:

Seriously showies can spend in the around the hundred dollar mark for a decent brush.

I would never spend that much on something going through my own hair.

:laugh:

Exactly. :D

The dry cleaners sent a bag of dog treats back with my show suits that i had left in the pockets :o

I picked up one of Keshwar's show jackets recently and the dry cleaner had hung a plastic bag from the coat hanger. Uh oh, thinks me - that could be any number of things. It was a chewed squeaky rat that was missing its tail.

:o :o :o

:laugh: The ladies at the dry cleaners told us one went to check out what was in one of my pocket before cleaning it, felt hairy and refused to go near the jacket again... One of the other ladies had to brave the pocket and it's hairy contents, ended up just being a manky squeaky rat.

Guest Willow

In the servo a while back, the checkout girl looked at the hair on my sweater and asked "cat????" I said no, i had my rabbit in the car as we'd just been to the vet, and she got all excited and asked if she could come and have a look :laugh: