Chronic Dobermann Hepatitis

Jessca

Kaiser has been diagnosed with chronic hepatitis :cry:

Apparently the type he has is quite breed specific, it's fast acting and fatal. I'm not coping to well watching my happy dog dieing.

Because he is still quite happy we have decided to go ahead with a few medications and see if we can get some weight back on him.

I've been told if he is eating and still alive on Friday then we will reassess it and try some medication to get rid of the copper in his liver.

My poor man :( I just don't know what to do! I'm trying so hard to be strong for him but every time I look at him I fall apart.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he is fast asleep oblivious of the stress and worry you are going through!

I had a Doberman as a young teenager, he was the most loyal, protective and snuggly dog. I have always had a special place in my heart for them.

Hope things are looking better in the morning.

Thank you again everyone!!

Some good news!!! Kaiser has eaten some food and has not vomited, so we have picked up enough meds( which is alot!!) to last until Tuesday morning and if all is well we will reasses the situation then!!

I am so happy!! And kaiser is also looking brighter!!!!

Thank you again everyone!!

Some good news!!! Kaiser has eaten some food and has not vomited, so we have picked up enough meds( which is alot!!) to last until Tuesday morning and if all is well we will reasses the situation then!!

I am so happy!! And kaiser is also looking brighter!!!!

Good news, am very happy to hear it :)

Pls keep us posted!

Thank you everyone!

Kaiser is doing ok. He has alot of fluid in his belly(it looks like he's pregant) but he is eating well and not vomiting. He has put on 5kg's since thursday(although alot of that would be flud). And because he is so happy we have put him on some diurectics to try and get rid of the fluid as well as a heap of other different medications.

The vet is still not hopefull (his words wore its better than last week but still not good).

His bilurubin levels have come down alot too, so thats great!

We are keeping positive, and as long as kaiser is willing to keep fighting an remains happy we will continue to try and help him.

Thank you!

He is doing ok. Hestill has alot of fluid, but it will take a fee days for the meds to start working.

He has started having mild head tremors, but seems quite oblivious to them. So I will have a chat to the vet today about them.

He is so much happier tho!

I just wrote a really long reply and lost it all :mad

Thanks k9angel!!

Thank you!! I took him there last week!! He had so much fun running around, chasing pelicans into the water!

He seems to be improving! He has started barking when dogs walk down the street, and his tail carriage is higher. He now jumps off the bed when our other dogs barks. He is also sleeping in his crate instead of our room. We also haven't seen any head tremors for a couple of days!

The fluid still has not gone down, but he is eating steadily. The vet is still not hopeful, but we are remaining positive! He is young, fit and (until this) healthy. So lets just hope he keeps fighting and his live heals itself!

Here is a website with some info on it - Canine hepatitis

Just a quick unrelated note- I hate iPads!!!

I am thanks ravenau1!

Here are two before pictures(they are photos of prints so aren't the best quality).

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_7761.jpg

And one I just took now. I am not sure how well you can see the fluid in his belly. But you can see his ribs, which means that his tummy should tuck up, but it doesn't. The vets call it the pregnant look.

IMG_7739.jpg