Artemis Large Breed Puppy Food Guide

Hello,

just a small question regarding the mentioned product.

I have been following this guide on their website: http://www.artemispetfood.com.au/dog_10.htm

is the "weight of the dog" the current weight or the future weight..?

if it is his future weight i would be underfeeding my puppy already...

also, what are your opinions of this product against others??

Artemis is a premium food though as I hear on these forums, Black Hawk is a good cheaper equivalent. I find the guides are usually way off, so chances are if you did understand them, they'd be useless to you anyways. It depends on the breed of the dog, how much exercise they do.. just too many factors to rely on guides.

Just feed him a set amount a day. If he gets too porky, cut back. If he's looking a bit skinny, add more. Hugo is a wonderful gauge for food--he stops eating when he's had enough. So he always looks the perfect weight :D

another reason why i think im underfeeding is also because he finishes his food in 2mins!

and its not that hes excited or anything, i always make it a point that he sits quietly for at least 30s infront of me before he gets his food.

Artemis is a premium food though as I hear on these forums, Black Hawk is a good cheaper equivalent. I find the guides are usually way off, so chances are if you did understand them, they'd be useless to you anyways. It depends on the breed of the dog, how much exercise they do.. just too many factors to rely on guides.

Just feed him a set amount a day. If he gets too porky, cut back. If he's looking a bit skinny, add more. Hugo is a wonderful gauge for food--he stops eating when he's had enough. So he always looks the perfect weight :D

oo. hes still a puppy, so i dunno if hes supposed to look lanky or stocky.. polnoch is a russian black terrier. he is currently at the bottom of the acceptable range for height and weight for the breed. he looks fine to me... but im worried im limiting his growth.

My breeder told me if they were still hungry give them more as puppies, I don't know either, seems like our puppy could eat all the the time lol

Goodness my dog would eat 20kg's of food a day if he could!!! Worse thing for a pup is to be overweight when they growing, bad for their joints etc

My breeder told me if they were still hungry give them more as puppies, I don't know either, seems like our puppy could eat all the the time lol

Goodness my dog would eat 20kg's of food a day if he could!!! Worse thing for a pup is to be overweight when they growing, bad for their joints etc

:laugh: Yeah mine too Mason2009. Can't even leave their food to defrost in sight otherwise gone :)

Hi blackpol. The feeding guide is for the current weight of the dog. Artemis is a very concentrated food. I find that i usually only need to feed the minimum amount for the dogs weight. It's also important to note that the recommended amount is per day. I've had some of my puppy buyers feed that much per feed :laugh: , so if you're feeding twice a day, feed half, but as mentioned, if you think your dog is looking too skinny (ie can see ribs) feed a little more. I think people get too carried away with amounts.

I've fed Artemis for a few years now and i'm very happy with it. I've also raised a few litters on it also without any problems. My dogs all have great energy levels, shiny coats, bright eyes, etc.

thanks goldie lover! i feed thrice a day. he chomps everything down in 2mins per meal. and always look desperate for more.

i will start reducing it abit as im always feeding the upper range of the guide...

compared to advance, artemis is so much cheaper then..... if i followed advance's guide, i will deplete a 15kg pack in 18 days. but with a 13.8kg artemis pack, it will take 28days. It is only 5 dollars more than advance and seems to have a slightly better ingredient list.