Amstaff Opinions

tanstaff

You can't be certain the the Amstaff was the father of your pup,or he may have fathered some of the pups in the litter and others had a different father.Did you see all the pups from the litter?Where there any other dogs around on the property?.Like i said earlier he looks near identical to the staffy x red heeler i had years ago;but really with crosses they may not look anything like either parent.

I may be misunderstanding the birds and the bees here - but I'm pretty certain all dogs in a litter have the same father.

If two males mate a bitch at a similar time, then both can father pups within the same litter. "Dual sire litter."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be misunderstanding the birds and the bees here - but I'm pretty certain all dogs in a litter have the same father.

If two males mate a bitch at a similar time, then both can father pups within the same litter. "Dual sire litter."

That's nuts - did not know that could happen. And what a tart the bitch would be ;)

That's nuts - did not know that could happen. And what a tart the bitch would be ;)

Yep! It can happen with people too;not unheard of for twins to be born each one with a different father.

When you inquired about getting the pup originally did you ask to see the pedigree's of both parents?

When you picked up the Pup, did ask to view the registration papers...?

In anytime did you ask if they were registered with the ANKC body of their state.?

An assumption doesn't mean that it actually is...

Oh and its BREED!!! NOT BREAD!!!! we don't Breed loafs of Bread - everytime in that post with out Fail it was Pure Bread!!!! Seriously... :laugh:

Thats what i meant, pure bread, from the bakery. My browser auto-corrects my words, kind of like an iphone just not as potentially damaging.

I payed 300 w/out papers for those who are concerned.

No i didnt ask to see papers, registration, licence, road worthy. That was not my intention because i was buying without. I think i get the jist of what everyone is saying, ill just have to put up with it, at the end of the day he is still my dog and at least his not ugly.

Oh and the reason i know the father is the father is because ive seen pictures of the parents 'engaging'. Dont ask me how the owner is a bit strange. And i did see the other pups there were four all up. One black, one white, one tan, and one tan and white.

Regards

Oh and the reason i know the father is the father is because ive seen pictures of the parents 'engaging'. Dont ask me how the owner is a bit strange. And i did see the other pups there were four all up. One black, one white, one tan, and one tan and white.

What this proves is the dog and bitch mated. It doesn't prove that this was the ONLY dog the bitch mated. A litter can have more than one sire.

Your pup reminds me a lot of mine, except my dogs head is not as broad..

We were told the mum was a staffy and the dad staffyxlabrador.

But are told by everyone that he looks more staffyxridgeback.

Not sure what i think..but i don't really care either as he's just a pet :) and a beautiful one at that.

_MG_1915-1-1.jpg

Uumhh, I thought I noticed a ridge along his back in one photo.

Edited to add .. just had another look and it might have just been the light. :o

You can get a ridge in other breeds too.

There is no way to tell what is in the dog by looking at it. That is a very common colour in many breeds and is often seen in crossbreed dogs.

Darkrai, it's loaves of bread not loafs of bread. :)

Greymate - :rasberry: I know i have been corrected already :rofl:

Thats what i meant, pure bread, from the bakery. My browser auto-corrects my words, kind of like an iphone just not as potentially damaging.

I payed 300 w/out papers for those who are concerned.

No i didnt ask to see papers, registration, licence, road worthy. That was not my intention because i was buying without. I think i get the jist of what everyone is saying, ill just have to put up with it, at the end of the day he is still my dog and at least his not ugly.

Regards

Then you got what you paid for... a staffy x of unknown hertiage

Your pup is a cutie! :love: If people asked me, i'd just say that he is an amstaff x

and register him as an amstaf x too.

I don't want to start a new thread about what i met yesterday but thought i'd share it on here, i met a 10 week old Bull terrier x Dingo! :eek:

It looked nothing like a Bull terrier! Maybe like a Dingo x Rotty...

And apparently the parents of the dingo were brother and sister :mad

I didn't know what to say, just "yeah.. right..."

Edited to say: (Dingo Body, Rotty colors) but could be any thing..

Edited by Spudd

just because two dogs are in the position doesnt mean he's the father particularly if other dogs were around.

I really dont understand that these days people worry about what their dog is and STILL purchase animals of no provable heritage. Your dogs breeder has no reason to provide you with a DNA sample if push comes to shove or the animals may not be available anymore. If you want proof get papers, apart from that, your dog is an inderterminant crossbreed.

Interestingly enough i noticed he is growing thicker/longer hair towards the back of his spine. Might be a sign of ridge.

I noticed what looked like a ridge in the third photo, I just thought it was an RR Cross, could just be my eyes.

Whatever he is, love him, treat him well, lose the collar!

Some dogs will have a strip of fur running down their spine and neck that is a different texture and darker then the rest. My Malinois bitch and DDB both have it.

A ridge is the hair growing in a totally opposite direction and will be pronounced from a very young age.