What Is Your Favourite Time Of Day With Your Dog/s?

Little Gifts

I love all the times I have with my girl, although some notable times are;

Mornings- when I wake up she is allowed onto my bed for a cuddle. This sees her burying her head under my pillow/ arm and flopping herself down for a pat, with her tail thumping the wall.

Walk break- We sometimes find a quiet spot on our walk to sit and watch the world go by. Don't do anything apart from sit together, although sometimes Brennan will roll around on the grass and have a great time.

Play time- I love when we play a game, and the happy looks she gives me.

Toy Selection time- Brennan doesn't have 'free' access to her toys, so when I open her toy box and let her choose a toy is really 'special' to her. I love watching as she looks through her toy box and chooses a specific toy. It's interesting to watch her choose what she wants to play with.

It's funny but I had no idea how precious dogs are to so many people until I read all your comments. Despite owning loads of dogs all my life Stussy is my first heart dog so my experiences with her feel different. The connection is different I guess so the feelings are just more intense. I'm not married and don't have kids (have never wanted either) but have always been concious not to treat my dogs like surrogate children or as a replacement for love from a human relationship. Maybe I have just allowed myself to be open to other types of connections with this particular dog? Maybe I am just at a stage in my life when I have slowed down and notice more? She certainly seems very in tune with me and her needs are so simple and pure, which I admire. She also reminds me to live in the moment more.

Is this wierd? I do share this house with my sister, have very close friendships and have been in a relationship since I have owned her so I'm not exactly a crazy spinster. For those of you who get a lot of comfort from your dogs are you single and without children? Or are you just at a different phase in your life? Or is it purely a specific dog that gives you those warm fuzzies?

First thing in the morning when he is still so happy to see me and he wants to go for a walk...

At 14 years old, it takes us about half an hour to 45 minutes to walk, what would once have only taken about 10-15 minutes... He stops at lot and sniffs everything...

Night time when he gets cold, he comes in and wants up on the bed - he still sleeps on the end of the bed facing the door and he has his blanket over him..

I think he is even more precious now as an old dog than he was when he was younger...

I am sad for him in one way as being an old dog, the kids no longer stop and want to pat him and you can just see the look on his face when kids are coming in his direction - all he wants is for them to stop...

Oh my gosh, you've brought me to tears! That was a beautiful ode and I am glad the two of you have each other.

It's funny but I had no idea how precious dogs are to so many people until I read all your comments. Despite owning loads of dogs all my life Stussy is my first heart dog so my experiences with her feel different. The connection is different I guess so the feelings are just more intense. I'm not married and don't have kids (have never wanted either) but have always been concious not to treat my dogs like surrogate children or as a replacement for love from a human relationship. Maybe I have just allowed myself to be open to other types of connections with this particular dog? Maybe I am just at a stage in my life when I have slowed down and notice more? She certainly seems very in tune with me and her needs are so simple and pure, which I admire. She also reminds me to live in the moment more.

Is this wierd? I do share this house with my sister, have very close friendships and have been in a relationship since I have owned her so I'm not exactly a crazy spinster. For those of you who get a lot of comfort from your dogs are you single and without children? Or are you just at a different phase in your life? Or is it purely a specific dog that gives you those warm fuzzies?

I have a fiance, no kids, but still feel closer to one of my dogs. she is, as you say, my heart dog. when i moved to brissy i had to leave her behind for 3 weeks until we found a house, and i felt sick, depressed and i cried the whole time!! :rofl:

I have another dog, and i love him, but dont share the same connection as with my little girl! i cant imagine i would ever feel the same way about another dog OR human! :laugh: in my case, i just think it is this dog...she has stolen my :heart:

Aww this thread is lovely :)

My favourite time would have to be watching Riley off leash. The literal smile on his face and flapping ears as he runs around.....too cute.

Of course there is also that wonderful moment when we get home and he is tired, curls up next to me on the couch and falls asleep with his head in my lap.

:)

First thing in the morning about 0530 I have to drag myself out of bed for work, it's cold and dark and I am not a morning person!

I walk into the kitchen (where Archer sleeps) he looks at me, yawns, stretches, and rolls over onto his back for tummy rubs - this is the only time of day he likes to be on his back and he looks so gorgeous looking up at me with those big eyes... makes my morning instantly better :heart:

My favourite time of day is in the evening when they've had their walk and been fed their dinner, so they are totally content!

I also love first thing in the morning...with the cooler weather, Tilly takes me to the gas heater and then when it is switched on she rolls onto her back for a pat on the belly. When it isn't cold she always comes up to me and wags her tail and sits down for a pat.

For me... With my Harls, it's morning time, when he comes into my room and gently nudges me to say "wake up mum, it's breakfast time!" and insists on a sleepy cuddle first... How lucky are we, to be loved by dogs ...

For me it's just before bed time at night, when both BC's have finished there dinner & been let out for a wee...it's then fun time in the lounge room. I start off with a bit of clicker shaping games/trick training, with them, one at a time, then they sit nicely while I bring out the basket full of "special" toys, then it's a free for all, followed by "quite" time & cuddles from both me & OH, then into bed...love that time of night, :thumbsup:

I love it when I come home from work - Emma has been trained to wait in her bed when people come in the door before she is allowed to greet, so when I come home from work she will be in her bed, lying down and I can see her shaking, literally exercising all her self-control not to run to the door to greet me, her tongue hanging out and tail wagging a million miles per second... I love it!! Then when I finally go to pat her she lets out sigh after sigh of happiness. :D She's such a good girl.

Our walks... it's our bonding time, our getting to know each others every move time, training time, de-stressing from the day time, or just enjoying a walk in the sunshine and peace time. Every walk time is also a time of immense pride when I get to see in action how far Sasha has really come. It's nice to take the time to acknowledge that the effort you put in really has made a tangible difference :D

I also like night times just before I go to bed, Sasha is settled on her bed (usually snoring already) and I cover her up with her blankie and give her kisses and cuddles.

But then, I can't say there is any time of the day with my dogs that I DON'T enjoy!!!

I love it when I come home from work - Emma has been trained to wait in her bed when people come in the door before she is allowed to greet, so when I come home from work she will be in her bed, lying down and I can see her shaking, literally exercising all her self-control not to run to the door to greet me, her tongue hanging out and tail wagging a million miles per second... I love it!! Then when I finally go to pat her she lets out sigh after sigh of happiness. :D She's such a good girl.

That is adorable :thumbsup:

Right before sleepy time, when I jump into bed and Luuka patiently waits for me to snuggle under the blankets and signal her "up" and she jumps up and snuggles next to my right arm. Then it's tummy rubs time, chin rubs etc, and as soon as I stop her little paw pulls my hand back down or she wiggles her head around to stick her schnoz in my face. Then she lies on her back for awhile, dozing. After a half hour or so (I usually read for awhile) she moves down to the end of the bed and curls up. When the light goes off she knows it's time to hop down and head to her preferred sleeping position - tummy-down on the bathroom floor. :)

These are gorgeous :)

I think dog owners here are like the dogs in that email forward (where the dog says.. walk time... my FAVOURITE thing! food time, my FAVOURITE thing! - and EVERYTHING is his FAVOURITE thing!) - I assume everyone DOLER has seen it!

To me, there is no favourite time of day, but when we get a quiet moment, and she wants a cuddle, I sit on the floor and ask her if she is a sooky la la and she wags her tail all the way over to me til her face is buried against me so she can get rubs all over.