Homophobic Breeder?

dant

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that's pretty extreme... What next, not the right religion or political beliefs to home and love a pup??? I can only hope, that by some miracle, there was some other reason she didn't or couldn't reply - and I only say that because I can't believe that someone could actually be so petty.

But maybe little Alwyn was just your destiny - so it was kinda lucky you ran into such a small minded person to turn you in his direction??? ;)

Hey Dant, it is a little frustrating living in the year 2011 and STILL experiencing prejudice regarding your sexuality :confused: While I am a completely heterosexual male, for some reason, I have a lot of gay male friends, so I guess my prejudices have been bitch slapped out of me by them long ago. But, unfortunately, some people won't become accepting until they are almost forced into it. I know a good friend of mine who was very homophobic. That is, until one of our really close mates came out of the closet!!! We had all been friends since school and this really opened his eyes and helped him understand that our mate is still the same bloke. Hopefully, that breeder will be the reciever of some "education" at some point in the near future.

As for your little pup.....WOW!!!! Alwyn is gorgeous. I love dachshounds and would have one in a heartbeat. But with two teenage Pointer breeds (A Vizsla and a GSP) it's not safe for a little one in the backyard unsupervised while I am at work. Not they my dogs are aggressive, just they are large and even when being gentle, their sheer physical size can cause injury if not careful. Even playing together, they will sometimes bash into each other and I will hear a yelp and sometimes a short period of limping! :)

I can't wait to see pics of little Alwyn as he grows up. Hopefully the ignorant breeder who shunned you will be watching and reading and regretting not allowing one of theirs pups into your loving home! That would be poetic justice! :):):):):)

Alwyn is a tiny ball of densely packed adorable!

I'm going to nick that line if you dont mind, Weasel. That's super cute!

:laugh: please do!

I'm going to use it for Pancake. A tiny ball of densely packed insanity! :rofl:

Assuming that IS the reason for them ignoring you, then I agree it's their loss! What sillyheads. Don't they know you can't catch gay? :laugh:

raz, do you constantly crave pancakes? The word pancake seems somehow onomatopoeic to me and it always makes me hungry. For pancakes.

I have a lot of gay male friends, so I guess my prejudices have been bitch slapped out of me by them long ago.

:rofl:

I agree, if that was the reason then totally their loss - don't they know the power of the pink pound and just how spoilt your little one will be :D

Congrats on your new pup and hope the time flys by till you can collect him :)

They may be not contacting you for other reason, computer meltdown or some such thing.

If however they have stopped contacting you due to that, well bigger fool them. Your (or anyone elses) sexuality plays no part in whether or not a home is the right one for a puppy.

Edited by OSoSwift

Hi Dant,

Alwyn sure is a cutie :thumbsup:

If your in Sydney there is a great bunch of Daccie owners that meet on the last Sunday of each month, in Centennial Park and they are very excepting of everyone as long as you have a Daccie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers,

MRD

Thanks for that. We live in Chippendale, so will definitely check it out once he's old enough :)

yes, it looks lots of fun... I am the papillon owner lurking around the edge of the snag crowd :D