Homophobic Breeder?

dant

Awwwwww Alwyn is gorgeous :love: I had a long - hair miniature daschund and he lived to 17! I want another one one day :)

I'm sure it's fate that bought you together and if the reason you werent contacted because you are gay.... It's their loss and your gain :)

Edited by kiwibum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the best way to look at the situation is that you were rejected as an owner because Alywn was already waiting for you some place else! :D

It really does suck that people still judge others like this. Things are changing, just very bloody slowly and it sounds like the breeder needs to join us all in the 21st century!

Good luck with Alwyn and you totally need to keep us updated with photos! He's such a cutie!! :love:

In my opinion and from what I've personally experienced, I'd rather give a puppy/dog/rescue dog to a gay couple than a family.

The dogs that I've seen in gay families are loved and adored a lot, as those couples usually can't have kids. The dogs are involved in everything in their owners lives and doted on constantly.

If this is the reason the breeder stopped responding, their HUGE loss in my opinion.

Good luck with Alwyn :) Super cute! The wait to pick up a puppy is horrible. But so worth it in the end.

Homophobic :rolleyes: ....please labeling someone as Homophobic because that diddnt sell you a dog is a bit of a stretch...

Also not agreeing with homosexuality isnt Homophobia... talk about most over used word of the decade...

Are you sure it was the sexual preference that the breeder decided not to sell you a dog? Maybe it was something else and you just perceive it as that...

On another note - as my general observation - I think gay couples are some of the best dog owners around. Providing they met my other strict criteria I would have put a gay couple on top of my puppy waiting list. Its hard to compete with usually double income and no kids homes. ;)

You have no direct proof the breeder was not willing to reply due to your sexuality. People have their own lives for all you know she could be having a family crisis or life issues preventing her from answering everyone's emails. Don't go crying victim where you really have nothing concrete to say that is the actual reason.

I think you really have nothing to complain about, she's not the only breeder in the country and you've moved on and had success.

Also not agreeing with homosexuality isnt Homophobia... talk about most over used word of the decade...

Straying into OT here but.....

IF the OP was discriminated against due to his sexuality then yes it is homophobia. While someone can 'not agree' with another person being gay (what the heck does that mean anyway, like there is anything to agree about - it's not like it's up for discussion :rolleyes: ) but as soon as that person acts on their prejudice then it certainly is homophobia.

Maybe she was worried that living in a gay household might turn her puppy gay?..Bahaha...Stupid woman...

I have a lot of gay friends with pets, and lets just say if I die I hope to come back as one of their dogs!!

Congrats on your beautiful new puppy...Im sure he will have the best of homes with you xx

I have friends who own 2 gorgeous and extremely well loved Dachshunds... luckily the breeder they got their furkids from didn't have an issue about my friends' sexuality, and selected the very best home for TWO of their pups.

I really think that some people can be so close-minded about the stupid stuff and can lose sight of the bigger picture... don't sweat it my friend - your new little one is going to be even more special after that first bad experience. At least you had the tenacity to not give up after that other knockback...

And you have another Alwyn fan wanting more pics here... *grin*

T.

Straying into OT here but.....

IF the OP was discriminated against due to his sexuality then yes it is homophobia. While someone can 'not agree' with another person being gay (what the heck does that mean anyway, like there is anything to agree about - it's not like it's up for discussion :rolleyes: ) but as soon as that person acts on their prejudice then it certainly is homophobia.

AMEN! /religious reference unintended/

You have no direct proof the breeder was not willing to reply due to your sexuality. People have their own lives for all you know she could be having a family crisis or life issues preventing her from answering everyone's emails. Don't go crying victim where you really have nothing concrete to say that is the actual reason.

I think you really have nothing to complain about, she's not the only breeder in the country and you've moved on and had success.

I haven't cried victim, Nekhbet. I was just detailing my experience. You're right - there may have been something else at play, but it wasn't until I mentioned that we were gay that she failed to make any further contact.

Food for thought.

Edited by dant

I haven't cried victim, Nekhbet. I was just detailing my experience. You're right - there may have been something else at play, but it wasn't until I mentioned that we were gay that she failed to make any further contact.

Food for thought.

Not really. I think you're making too big a deal over it in general and working off a massive assumption. This thread was nothing but you crying victim over a situation where you had no proof that was the reason.

Enjoy your pup instead of bashing a person you have no real proof about. Bigots work in both directions.

There are a ton of breeders out there only too happy for pups to go to GLBT households for the reasons others have mentioned. In Dachies in NSW people here could even have recommended some breeders who are gay.

People decide not to sell pups/cease communication for all sorts of reasons - some reasonable, some not. Just as we decide not to buy for all sorts of reasons - some reasonable, some not. At least in Dachies you have lots of choice and now you have little Alwyn.

That really really sucks. I'm gay and my gorgeous pup has two mums who love her like crazy (99% of the time). I'm pretty tough but that would have really hurt me if I had been in your situation so I really feel for you both. Congratulations on your pup, I'm sure you will make great dads!!! :-)

And finger up to the small minded, homophobic bigots out there. ;-)