Wanted: Bernese Mountain Dog Pup

Fiasco

Hi everyone!

New to the forum here but just wondering whether anyone would be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. Not entirely sure whether this post belongs in this topic either, so please forgive me if it doesn't...

I'm looking for any information regarding Bernese Mountain Dog Breeders within Brisbane or surrounding areas (happy to travel a few hours out of Brissy via road if needed). I've done plenty of searches for Breeders within these areas and only seem to be coming across the one: Ziegen in Toowoomba. A very reputable breeder indeed however my emails have gone unanswered :(

I'm looking for a family pup, no intention to breed or show; just an all-round family dog. Any information on anyone who may have Bernese litters or any other breeders that I missed would be much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Hi Fiasco, welcome to the forums :) GREAT choice of breed! I have two and they are just the most loveable dogs.

Zeigen have some really nice dogs. Perhaps try calling them instead of sending an email. Some breeders prefer to actually talk to a prospective buyer rather than just sending emails.

If Zeigen don't have any puppy plans, you could look interstate. There are plenty of reputable Bernese breeders in other states too :) Plenty of people buy pups interstate all the time.

One more thing, be prepared to go on a waiting list. Some breeders will have a long list of people waiting for a pup. The fact that you only want a pet and not a show prospect could mean a shorter wait though.

Good luck in your search!

Hi Fiasco, welcome to the forums :) GREAT choice of breed! I have two and they are just the most loveable dogs.

Zeigen have some really nice dogs. Perhaps try calling them instead of sending an email. Some breeders prefer to actually talk to a prospective buyer rather than just sending emails.

If Zeigen don't have any puppy plans, you could look interstate. There are plenty of reputable Bernese breeders in other states too :) Plenty of people buy pups interstate all the time.

One more thing, be prepared to go on a waiting list. Some breeders will have a long list of people waiting for a pup. The fact that you only want a pet and not a show prospect could mean a shorter wait though.

Welcome Fiasco! I agree with Cassie on phoning rather than just emailing.

Email is quite anonymous and many breeders can better judge a persons' intentions by speaking to them directly. It helped me as a prospective buyer to rule out some breeders too. The breeder we eventually went with was lovely, albeit much quicker at responding via phone than email. Too busy with her dogs to be in front of a computer much! ;)

Good luck in your search. :)

Hi cassie!

Thank you (and everyone else so far)so much for your suggestions and advice. You're right about giving them a call instead - I'll definitely do that during the week.

I did notice a lot of other breeders that are interstate - I just wasn't sure what the process was of buying interstate and transportation, etc. Will look into that too :)

Thanks so much!

I've had many breeders not answer my emails. Just need to call them up. There is a breeder in wa having puppies soon or may have a litter now. Google berense mountain dogs western Australia. This breeder is not on dogs online but does have a website. Can't remember their name right off hand.

Edited by loveretrievers

I did notice a lot of other breeders that are interstate - I just wasn't sure what the process was of buying interstate and transportation, etc. Will look into that too :)

Thanks so much!

I have bought two of my dogs from interstate and Daisy came from Townsville (not just down the road as I am in Brisbane ;)) I have never had a problem and am more than happy with the lovely dogs I have now. My last bitch Aria came all the way from Tasmania and it was very easy and she was none the worse for wear because of her big plane trip. If you find the right breeder it is worth flying a dog interstate. Good Luck with your search :D

Hi cassie!

Thank you (and everyone else so far)so much for your suggestions and advice. You're right about giving them a call instead - I'll definitely do that during the week.

Thanks so much!

No problem :) My breeder is conveniently only 15 mins from me, but I have bought a pup (a Saint not a Bernese) from NSW before. Cost me about $180 from memory on top of his purchase price and he was flown down to me, all I had to do was collect him from the airport, it was really very simple.

Make sure you post pics when you get your pup! :thumbsup: