Council Registration/ Desexing

alli78

I do believe some councils in VIC do not accept dogs to be registered without papers proving they have been desexed- they do not have a clause to pay more for entire animals at all!! I know a breeder that was nearly caught out on this when she sold a pup on terms.

I hope you are not in one of these councils!!

Yes I am in one of these councils, can only register an entire dog if VCA registered

Not saying that is a bad thing.

But how does that work for BYB and Cross-Breeders and people who own and breed rare breeds that aren't currently recognised by the VCA? Or is there some kind of exemption for them?

I find it intriguing.

I do believe some councils in VIC do not accept dogs to be registered without papers proving they have been desexed- they do not have a clause to pay more for entire animals at all!! I know a breeder that was nearly caught out on this when she sold a pup on terms.

I hope you are not in one of these councils!!

Yes I am in one of these councils, can only register an entire dog if VCA registered

Not saying that is a bad thing.

But how does that work for BYB and Cross-Breeders and people who own and breed rare breeds that aren't currently recognised by the VCA? Or is there some kind of exemption for them

I find it intriguing.

No exemptions that I'm aware of, my guess is that there is probably alot of unregistered dogs in our area Edited by alli78

I am in th e Latrobe Shire and you most definiitely can register entire dogs at no extra cost. They have to be microchipped and registered with VCA, which he will be if he has a pedigree.

Off topic Gayle but wondering if I may know you, have you always been in Toongabbie...I'm from Cowwarr

We've only lived in Toon for a bit over a year (we live in the house opposite the cricket ground with the well in the front yard), but before that we lived in Traralgon.

What suprised me most is that dogs must be registered from 3 months of age... surely it is not suitable for all breeds at this age

It is not suitable for all breeds.

You can avoid desexing your dog if you have a letter from your veterinarian.