Sleep Peacefully Jake

Michelleva

About 5 years ago we adopted a little cavalier by the name of Jake. I found him advertised free to a good home, he was no longer wanted. When he arrived he was such a sad boy, he was filthy and covered in fleas. This poor little dog had spent his entire life locked in the backyard. :mad He wasn't allowed inside.

The night he came home I can vividly remember putting him straight in the laundry trough for a scrub. He groaned in absolute pleasure. From that moment, he became an inside dog and a much loved family member. He was happy here, but he was also scared of my young son who was a very active full on boy, and still is. We had a holiday booked and my parents offered to babysit him. My step Dad is not a well man and as a result doesn't work, in those 3 weeks they found each other, from then on they were inseperable. They spent 24 hours a day together. Jake gave my Dad a reason to get out of bed, a reason to get off the couch, a reason to live. At the time I felt incredibly guilty, I felt like I'd let Jake down again, but Jake was the happiest he'd ever been.

Jake has been a part of our family for half his life, today he left us surrounded by love. He was old and sick and just couldn't go on anymore. So my parents gave him the ultimate gift and released him from his pain and suffering. I know we are all heart-broken tonight but Jakey boy is at peace.

I'm proud to have played a part in helping you find the happiness you always deserved Jakey Boy. You may have left this earth, but you'll live on in our hearts forever.

RIP Jake - 4/5/00 - 30/8/11

post-22362-0-37749000-1314696182_thumb.jpgpost-22362-0-77925900-1314696233_thumb.jpg

Run free over the rainbow bridge Jake. It sounds like the second half of your life you were truly loved and gave all you got in return.

Thank you all for your understanding and just getting it. Its hard when you lose a family member, regardless of whether they are wearing a fur coat or not.

It is hard. Just been there 4 weeks ago.

:hug: to you.

Sonia xx

edit for sp

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds