Girls Are Home

Flaves

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had a big cuddle with CJ and Chevy. What gorgeous girls they are and so clearly relieved to be with Sam and Karen again. I just hope that whoever did this is stopped before they put more people and dogs through this ordeal.

Phillipa

Gorgeous sweeties aren't they Phillipa.

I am sure they will enjoy their pressies, so very generous of you.

Great news! Just realised how many threads going on these girls as I had just posted in the Lost section one. It's my eldest Lab girl's birthday today (she turns ten) so we will have an extra doggy celebration. :):thumbsup:

Edited by LabTested

Was just about to post on my own facebook wall - then I finally got to the end of this post. Really pleased that you got the dogs back. What an aweful experience, but what a true show of comradery. Really pleased to read this ending.

Just home from work now and I've been wondering all day about what today would bring for the girls. It's such a lovely surprise to come home and read they've been found safe and sound!

I hope they get some extra yummy treats and huggles tonight! I'm so glad they're back and the pups are safe too!!

I just had a big cuddle with CJ and Chevy. What gorgeous girls they are and so clearly relieved to be with Sam and Karen again. I just hope that whoever did this is stopped before they put more people and dogs through this ordeal.

Phillipa

Gorgeous sweeties aren't they Phillipa.

I am sure they will enjoy their pressies, so very generous of you.

Aww, the girls getting pressies...I think we need a DOL live-streaming video link up for such special occasions :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your help, support and efforts to bring CJ and Chevy home. As you all know the word spread very quickly via DOL and Facebook, as well as being able to get a Police Media Release on the Saturday night which helped fuel the media interest in the girls story.

We spent Friday night, and a very long day on Saturday looking for them, posting flyers and spreading the news around. Sunday again was another networking day and looking. The ABC TV crew came up on Sunday and interviewed Paul and Karen and this made their program on Sunday night. Many radio stations were talking about this over the weekend and even some newspapers ran stories, some as far as central NSW. The response was fantastic and we knew once the media picked it up we had a very good chance of getting the girls home.

I said to Karen and Paul on late Sunday that I had a good feeling about Monday, which also happened to be the girls 3rd birthday, and that we will be seeing the girls real soon. Another friend of mine said the same thing and after another long day I tried to get some sleep that night.

By now we were all totally exhausted both mentally and physically but we kept going and no doubt we were all running on pure adrenaline.

Monday morning I get a call at 5am, the girls have been found. They were located on a nearby neighbouring property. The girls were at the front door of this house and the woman of the house was to scared to go out her front door, because these were Rottweilers. The woman had remembered the letter that had been placed in her letter box on Saturday and called the local number listed on it. CJ and Chevy were picked up by Karen and Paul within 10 minutes of that phone call and they were now home.

We took Chevy and CJ to the vets for a check over, they are stressed and have some superficial wounds but nothing major. The ultrasound showed very strong heart beats on the pups and they were given the all OK. This was a huge relief for all of us. We also had our Myotherapist came out and go over the girls as Chevy couldn’t lift her tail and she was very sore in the rear, she is a little better now and will be fine with some more treatment. The girls were clearly very happy to be home and we were very happy for their return.

The pups that CJ is carrying are now all that much more special to us and we will be naming this litter accordingly. I will post the photos of these guys when then arrive and will have regular updates for you all to see.

Again I can’t thank you all enough for your concern and help in finding Chevy and CJ. We are all eternally grateful for all the help and support that we have been given throughout this whole ordeal. The Dog world is truly amazing, and when we need help in times of crisis we work together so very very well.

I would like to mention a few very special people that to me that have been a rock during all this, and have gone way beyond. They are Nicole Phillips, who drove the media push and her friend Nikki who set up the Facebook page - Find Chevy and CJ. Also Meg and Mark Lewis, who faxed and called all the Vets within a huge area of where the girls had been taken from and who printed up a heap of flyers and distributed them as far and wide as they could. Caitriona Jakbe who networked and networked and got the word out there and got the flyer posted on a number of other websites etc. Heather Parker, Shelley Beggs and Kristie Cooper who helped in the search for the girls as well as networking the information out there. Heather and Shelley came up and did some work on CJ and Chevy at such short notice on the Monday afternoon, thank you! There are so many other people who called us and offered all sorts of support, help and who spread the word out there. We sincerely thank each and every one of you for all the help, well wishes and prayers to get them home. It worked and it shows you the power that the people have.

My apologies in not updating last night, but I left home very early in the morning and did not get back home until well after dark and I hit the wall so to speak last night. I was not in any condition to respond with any kind of clarity. Today is a new day and a much better day, we are all smiling today and so relieved!

To each and every one of you we are eternally grateful for all you help and support!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts