Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

Hi,

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I was googling lure coursing in Adelaide and this came up. I've been trying to find places where we could try out (I believe my dog would love it although he is not a sight hound). Is this still happening and if so, where? I tried looking through the old posts but 23 pages is quite a lot to read through lol. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with small breeds, the Jack Russell Terrier Club of SA run lure coursing days but I don't know any info about it - I just saw a lady wearing a T-Shirt promoting it last week (in a hospital waiting room of all places!) It said all smal breeds welcome so could be worth contacting them if your dog is a littlie.

For those with small breeds, the Jack Russell Terrier Club of SA run lure coursing days but I don't know any info about it - I just saw a lady wearing a T-Shirt promoting it last week (in a hospital waiting room of all places!) It said all smal breeds welcome so could be worth contacting them if your dog is a littlie.

I saw a small poster for that in the office at DogsSA a while back Piper http://www.jackrussellterrierclubsouthaustralia.com.au/JRTCSA%20Events%20Calendar.htm

Thank you Piper and Esky the husky. Unfortunately he can hardly be considered as "little", he's a very prey driven amstaff x. Oh well, was worth a try I guess. :p Virginia is very far.. Bugger. I have seriously considered building my own lure but I'd need a massive field and some more knowledge first. :p

Well what I was going to suggest, a bit left of field, but still involves running.

The South Australian Sled dog club is having a sprint race in Bonython Park on the 13th of April.

It's 3 heats of the dogs running in front of a scooter for 100m.

Lots of fun!

Also completely not related, but the club also has a weightpull event the same weekend.

Amstaffs overseas do very very well at it so I thought you might want to give it a go. :D

Our club trophy is even sponsored by the amstaff club of SA, but we have none competing at the moment, maybe you could change that ;)

Esky, I have the ad photo from Facebook saved on my comp just so that I won't forget, I noticed it a few days ago and I am SO excited because we already do weight pulling and I am super interested in sprint racing too!

Is that wp thingy at Paralowie again? I'm the noob with the transport issues... Atm we are only pulling at home but hopefully will enter him some time this year.

Yeah it's all at paracombe, (except the royal) as holding the events anywhere else would involve club members moving over a tonne of weights and the cart somewhere else. Hopefully you can work something out with transport :)

Shame you didn't post sooner you only just missed our intro day, that was only last weekend :(