Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity how long have you had the dog? What breed is it and is there any other reason apart from the barking and destroying the back yard that you want to return the dog? There has already been a few suggestions here and I'm sure there would be lots more suggestions if you needed them, to enable you to keep the dog.

Edited by tlc

Hi guys, we bought a bitch from a breeder a few months ago. We bought here agreeing to return her for a litter etc which we were happy with but one of the other things that was on the signed agreement was that if we were unable to keep this girl we would have to return her to the breeder free of charge. We never thought we would have to consider re-homing her, as we do now due to unforeseen circumstances, but we paid $2500 and I don't think its fair that she should be returned to her breeder free of charge, especially when she can then breed her. I don't want to create problems but she was a very expensive dog, we paid good money for her and think if the breeder doesn't want to buy her back we should be at least able to sell her and get the breeder to sign a new agreement with the new owners. Do you think this is fair?

If I had a spare couple of thousand laying around I would offer to buy the dog just to get it out of there... :mad:banghead:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your words - and you roll your eyes at me :laugh:

What breed of dog is it, Pinkpuppy?

I would contact the breeder and try to make some kind of compromise.

Why should the breeder compromise. She agreed and signed a contract. Under duress ? Then you should have said no to signing and taken the breeder on for the deposit refund. If you didnt think you stood a chance of getting that back I hope the breeder usually sells their dogs for $5000 and you only got it for this price because of what you agreed to and you find yourself with a bill rather than a refund if you dont honour what you agreed to.

Out of curiosity how long have you had the dog? What breed is it and is there any other reason apart from the barking and destroying the back yard that you want to return the dog? There has already been a few suggestions here and I'm sure there would be lots more suggestions if you needed them, to enable you to keep the dog.

Only a few months by the looks of it - I guess they never thought any further than the uterus.

Hi guys, we bought a bitch from a breeder a few months ago. We bought here agreeing to return her for a litter etc which we were happy with but one of the other things that was on the signed agreement was that if we were unable to keep this girl we would have to return her to the breeder free of charge. We never thought we would have to consider re-homing her, as we do now due to unforeseen circumstances, but we paid $2500 and I don't think its fair that she should be returned to her breeder free of charge, especially when she can then breed her. I don't want to create problems but she was a very expensive dog, we paid good money for her and think if the breeder doesn't want to buy her back we should be at least able to sell her and get the breeder to sign a new agreement with the new owners. Do you think this is fair?

If I had a spare couple of thousand laying around I would offer to buy the dog just to get it out of there... :mad:banghead:

by saying what you have you make out like I'm abusing my dog!

by saying what you have you make out like I'm abusing my dog!

I did not say abuse - but I am not feeling any love or consideration for her at all. Just return her to the breeder it is really very simple.

I don't see the point in the post. You say that you think its unfair as you paid so much for the dog, yet in an old post you said money doesn't mean anything to you, it's the welfare of the dog that matters...

well Im not about money, money wouldnt mean anything to me, its about the welfare of my pups

I think that if the breeder saw this thread they would be horrified that they had let a dog of their breeding go (under contract no less) to someone so eminently unsuitable and would be very keen to have the dog back with them so it could be more suitably placed. Given that though I don't think they should pay anything in refund - as has been stated before, you DID sign a contract - expensive lesson - maybe you will go into any other transactions with your eyes wide open and a great deal more caution.