Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

I don't see the point in the post. You say that you think its unfair as you paid so much for the dog, yet in an old post you said money doesn't mean anything to you, it's the welfare of the dog that matters...

well Im not about money, money wouldnt mean anything to me, its about the welfare of my pups

well we all cant live off hugs and kisses now can we?...and i said above in a different context. If I were a breeder, and it was my own puppy, money wouldn't be the issue, id refund, and guess what... I have!

I have found out before, after people have paid me money that they weren't suitable and I have sent their money back, happy to get rid of them... i wouldnt be fighting over it because there are way to many good homes out there!

so really if money wasn't important to this breeder...then she would pay for the dog, as I have done and then either keep her or sell her

Edited by pinkpuppy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt be fighting over it because there are way to many good homes out there!

Yep and you arent one by the sounds of it

Send the pup/bitch back to the breeder for crying out loud, you dont want her, she has ruined your yard and barks - send her back and i am sure the breeder will find her the perfect home for her

PP you haven't been attacked. You may not like what has been written but trust me this is DOL playing nice. We love our dogs and I couldn't imagine someone who purports to be a registered breeder treating other breeders in this fashion. You've have come and made statements on a public forum and haven't even given the breeder the courtesy of a phone call to let them know there is a problem.

Be fair. Give her a call. Discuss the matter in a friendly manner and you may be surprised at the outcome. Coming in here and saying you intend to commence legal action when you haven't even given the breeder the opportunity to negotiate is pretty poor.

Just remember if you are a registered breeder then you want to hope and pray you don't get a puppy buyer who treats you in the manner you have treated this breeder.

:laugh: I havn't done anything wrong, I still have the dog but now I can't keep her; there is going to be alot more worse things happen in life!!...You speak like I have killed someone

I sincerely hope I never have a puppy buyer like you. If it was mine I would give you back most of your money just to get my dog back safely.

You have a young high drive dog who gets 3 free runs a week and a walk every other day. If you could not commit a good few hours per day for training and exercise then you shouldn't have bought a high drive dog. I run my own business and have two young kids and my two far lower drive dogs get more than that daily. Interestingly they are very easy to have around, do not bark all day and do not destroy their yard - maybe there is something int hat for you?

Edited by OSoSwift

Sorry, I can't see anything unfair about it - you signed the contract. If one of the dog's legs fell off or it grew two heads then I consider that unfair but because you haven't made the time to train this pup properly then the contract should be adhered to.

Let me be very clear. Your best and ONLY real recourse to a reasonable solution is to TALK TO THE BREEDER.

CALL the breeder and explain your situation. See what they say. A polite and open discussion may see this resolved quickly to everyone's satisfaction.

At the moment as you have not spoken to them everything here is conjecture at best and you are doing yourself no favours AT ALL.

And if you have to abide by a contract that YOU agreed to, SUCK IT UP and take some responsibility for your own actions. By not doing so you are doing yourself no favours AT ALL (not to mention the dog or the breeder).

At the moment you are on a very self destructive path. I would highly recommend taking a step back and taking a VERY good look at yourself and your proposed actions before going any further.

You are not a victim here. You and only you have a choice about how this will turn out. So what is it going to be?

Edited by espinay2

a young immature dog, is just that, she has really high drive, its normal, but I cant deal with it right now and either can my neighbours

:laugh: I havn't done anything wrong, I still have the dog but now I can't keep her; there is going to be alot more worse things happen in life!!...You speak like I have killed someone

:mad Either do some training with this poor dog and provide her with more mental stimulation so she is not bored, or return her to the breeder. It's not you CAN'T keep her, from the sounds of this you can't be bothered putting the effort in.

pinkpuppy, I have found the perfect dog for you - this one will not bark or dig up your yard - you sound like the buyer any breeder would run a mile from

stuffedtoy.jpg

I just pity the poor puppy you have probably condemned to going from home to home & ending up in the pound because YOU could not take some time from your precious little life to care for and train it :mad

Everyone who has replied to you have been dog breeders and/or very knowledgeable people in the dog world.

I am not sure why you're not taking this very intelligent and wise advice on board? Do you have something to hide?

But she says she has several different breeds. The GSD has apparently been placed elsewhere because it had a floppy ear, now this one is not suitable.

A breeder is not a shop. They are not obliged to sell you a pup just because you have the money. Nor are they obliged to give you a refund because you decide that the responsibility of raising a dog is too much for you.

Give the dog to the breeder and hope that they can find a home willing to put the work and care into the dog that s/he deserves.

Hi guys, we bought a bitch from a breeder a few months ago. We bought here agreeing to return her for a litter etc which we were happy with but one of the other things that was on the signed agreement was that if we were unable to keep this girl we would have to return her to the breeder free of charge. We never thought we would have to consider re-homing her, as we do now due to unforeseen circumstances, but we paid $2500 and I don't think its fair that she should be returned to her breeder free of charge, especially when she can then breed her. I don't want to create problems but she was a very expensive dog, we paid good money for her and think if the breeder doesn't want to buy her back we should be at least able to sell her and get the breeder to sign a new agreement with the new owners. Do you think this is fair?

The bolded part... You signed a contract where you would send back the bitch free of charge there is nothing here stating you were to receive any money back etc

You should of read the contract better, but now cause its not working out to your situation its drama.. Drama... Drama...

From what i have read of your topics, you are clueless, jumped into this, have a prefix but wanted another, complained about a deposit fee, but you wanted a pet...???

Seriously WTF do you want...??? Bitch and whinge, Cry Murder... Feed the trolls what else are you looking for...?

Best advice... Cut your lose and walk away, if this is a real case, then hope the breeded reads this and you get nothing....

I don't see the point in the post. You say that you think its unfair as you paid so much for the dog, yet in an old post you said money doesn't mean anything to you, it's the welfare of the dog that matters...

well Im not about money, money wouldnt mean anything to me, its about the welfare of my pups

well we all cant live off hugs and kisses now can we?...and i said above in a different context. If I were a breeder, and it was my own puppy, money wouldn't be the issue, id refund, and guess what... I have!

I have found out before, after people have paid me money that they weren't suitable and I have sent their money back, happy to get rid of them... i wouldnt be fighting over it because there are way to many good homes out there!

so really if money wasn't important to this breeder...then she would pay for the dog, as I have done and then either keep her or sell her

oh PLEASE tell me you are not a registered breeder - if you are, well :eek:

oh PLEASE tell me you are not a registered breeder - if you are, well :eek:

yeh, I have bred Labs