Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

I didn't go on about NOT giving the money back, I said I would give back probably up to most if not all of it just to get my dog back from you. To be honest the breeder probably will once she gets wind of this thread and the person you really are and how her poor dog is being treated and the fact it is going stircrazy

OMG, how have I treated my dog badly???

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Purdie, i will be calling the breeder tomorrow.

I just find it funny how everyone goes on about money, saying that it shouldn't be about that, and good people dont care about the money but then why is it that breeders refuse to give money back??? if it isn't about money for them why would they hesitate in paying for their dog back or refunding deposits etc?? VERY HYPOCRITICAL!!! :confused:

The sad thing is that money has become a benchmark of commitment. And reading your posts scares me witless. You are the one that has harped on money, the rest of us put the dog first. I think this is where you roll your eyes again in lieu of legitimate dialogue.

I just find it funny how everyone goes on about money, saying that it shouldn't be about that, and good people dont care about the money but then why is it that breeders refuse to give money back??? if it isn't about money for them why would they hesitate in paying for their dog back or refunding deposits etc?? VERY HYPOCRITICAL!!! :confused:

Why should they give you money back?! They are going to have to pay for food for the dog as well as any vet bills and probably training now.

I hope you never get another dog and don't breed ever again. You have nfi

seriously :eek:

I have not just thrown my dog in the backyard, I show her most weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know why you are making such a big deal out of not being able to care for a dog anymore???...I could do so much WORSE than just ask for the breeder to pay for the dog LIKE I DID! If money isnt an issue WHATS THE PROBLEM???

You mean choosing not to care for the dog anymore. Every post you write just shows a lack of understanding of your actions, and lack of caring and empathy for your dog.

I have not just thrown my dog in the backyard, I show her most weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know why you are making such a big deal out of not being able to care for a dog anymore???...I could do so much WORSE than just ask for the breeder to pay for the dog LIKE I DID! If money isnt an issue WHATS THE PROBLEM???

You mean choosing not to care for the dog anymore. Every post you write just shows a lack of understanding of your actions, and lack of caring and empathy for your dog.

if i didnt care, i would have gotton rid of the dog long ago....shhesh!

Only difference here is you signed a contract stating the agreement which you signed... Seriously Unless the contract states something other than what you have told us, send the dog back to the breeder... Talk to the breeder they might suggest something, other than trying to slander them across DOL because you are trying to break a contract...

Honestly the breed deos matter because I am quite sure all the Rotti breeders that have seen this will now be on the look out incase you contact them.

You got a Rotti and threw it in the backyard - what the hell did you expect would happen? I LOVE Rottis and to think this bitch is in a back yard going mental becaue you are clueless makes me very upset. You signed a contract you want to back out of becaue all or a sudden due to your laziness it is now too hard. Why in the hell would you think ANYONE would be at all sympathetic to your plight?

Give the breeder a call, the dog world is a small place this will get back to them and it will be figured out. It will not go down well. People like you are the reason so many dog breeders feel the need to have cast iron contracts in place and are so very picky where their beloved puppies go.

You should be ashamed of yourself - call yourself a dog breeder, well please do not put yourself in with me becauce you are not a responsible person you are a disgrace.

The problem is you've made money the issue. You signed a contract that clearly stated you would not receive a refund or discount should the b*tch have to be returned and now you've come onto a public forum making a huge drama about how you want to give the dog back but want to know how to make the breeder give you a refund because you know feel hard done by but you haven't even given the breeder the decency of letting them know there is a problem or even discussing the issue. You've made it a problem and can't seem to understand why we are all distressed with the manner in which you seem to think dogs should be handled. To most of us (even breeders) the dogs are our FAMILY and money doesn't matter. Yes it is a lot of money but you paid it, signed a contract that clearly states you would not get it back. Give the dog back to the breeder so it can have some form of life with a family who will provide it a life where it is not going nuts in the back yard.

i don't know why it is so important about breed.....its a Rotti!

OH SHIT - then I really do advise you to do the right thing and return this dog to her breeder...

You know what? it is not about what breed, it doesnt really matter. What matters is this pup/bitch is not wanted because it barks and is destructive and the OP wont just give her back to the breeder because she wants her money back.

PP - send the bitch back. You are doing the wrong thing by the dog and the breed and the breeder.

You dont want her, well if the breeder rehomes her maybe they will refund your money.

I think Andisa is just worried knowing what problems an out-of-control Rottie could cause for the breed in general if the OP chose to advertise sell it to the first person who happened along with enough money to suit her.

It's not all about the money, although you as (so you say) a breeder should know how much it costs to raise a puppy to the stage where it's ready for a new home, I just think that people feel that perhaps you should make some sacrifice, in a monetary form, as you are obviously not willing to sacrifice any time or effort for this poor dog.

You know what? it is not about what breed, it doesnt really matter. What matters is this pup/bitch is not wanted because it barks and is destructive and the OP wont just give her back to the breeder because she wants her money back.

PP - send the bitch back. You are doing the wrong thing by the dog and the breed and the breeder.

You dont want her, well if the breeder rehomes her maybe they will refund your money.

I have already gone around in circles Flaves, was not expecting this. Just wish I had the cash now so I could get her out of there :mad . Just hope they do the right thing and send the dog back where she belongs, really not much to ask considering they agreed to it and signed a contract.

Not the dogs fault she is bored and destructive - nor the breeder. The requirements are not met.

What i meant by the breed doesnt matter - the fact that ANY dog is being treated like this. That someone wont send it back because she wants her money back - even though she doesnt want the dog because it has destroyed the backyard and barks is wrong.

It doesnt make it better or worse dependant on the breed she has.

Yes i am glad the OP has named the breed, but is she just leading us all on a merry chase? Didnt someone say before she had a GSD? She bred labs and had another breed?

The problem is your attitude and your apparent failure to be able to honour your commitment to this dog.

Things haven't turned out how you planned and now you want to change the arrangement you committed to because it doesn't suit you.

You signed a contact that binds you to your word. Now you just want to reneg on that because you failed to realise that things might not go the way you wanted them to.

Seriously why can't you honour your obligation? Is that worth nothing to you because that's what it seems like from here.

Just ring the breeder for pity's sake. If the contract says you must " return the bitch free of charge", for all you know that talking about the transport costs FFS, and not the purchase price.

Who knows, your hip pocket may not be in for the hit you anticipate and God knows that seems like the only thing that matters to you.

Next time how about you try thinking things through before leaping into an obligation and then giving it the finger when it doesn't turn out like you plan. There's an animal that's the only victim here.

The problem is your attitude and your apparent failure to be able to honour your commitment to this dog.

Things haven't turned out how you planned and now you want to change the arrangement you committed to because it doesn't suit you.

You signed a contact that binds you to your word. Now you just want to reneg on that because you failed to realise that things might not go the way you wanted them to.

Seriously why can't you honour your obligation? Is that worth nothing to you because that's what it seems like from here.

Just ring the breeder for pity's sake. If the contract says you must " return the bitch free of charge", for all you know that talking about the transport costs FFS, and not the purchase price.

Who knows, your hip pocket may not be in for the hit you anticipate and God knows that seems like the only thing that matters to you.

Next time how about you try thinking things through before leaping into an obligation and then giving it the finger when it doesn't turn out like you plan. There's an animal that's the only victim here.

Well said

Honestly the breed deos matter because I am quite sure all the Rotti breeders that have seen this will now be on the look out incase you contact them.

You got a Rotti and threw it in the backyard - what the hell did you expect would happen? I LOVE Rottis and to think this bitch is in a back yard going mental becaue you are clueless makes me very upset. You signed a contract you want to back out of becaue all or a sudden due to your laziness it is now too hard. Why in the hell would you think ANYONE would be at all sympathetic to your plight?

Give the breeder a call, the dog world is a small place this will get back to them and it will be figured out. It will not go down well. People like you are the reason so many dog breeders feel the need to have cast iron contracts in place and are so very picky where their beloved puppies go.

You should be ashamed of yourself - call yourself a dog breeder, well please do not put yourself in with me becauce you are not a responsible person you are a disgrace.

showing or not has nothing to do with being a responsible dog owner or not.

Many people genuinely cannot care for dogs and rehome them, that I do not have an issue with. I do have an issue with someone who has a dog for a short time and is, within a few short months, trying to figure out how to get rid of her without having to lose $2500. The first concern is not what is best for the bitch or getting her back to her breeder your first thought is how to get out of a contract so you don't lose money.

Add to that the reason you are rehoming is because she barks and digs, but you have done little, including increasing her exercise, to try and rectify her issues.

At this point you are far more interested in your money than the welfare of a dog you are supposed to love. Yeh right!

if i didnt care, i would have gotton rid of the dog long ago....shhesh!

You've only had the dog since June - real long time :rolleyes:

I have already gone around in circles Flaves, was not expecting this. Just wish I had the cash now so I could get her out of there :mad . Just hope they do the right thing and send the dog back where she belongs, really not much to ask considering they agreed to it and signed a contract.

Not the dogs fault she is bored and destructive - nor the breeder. The requirements are not met.

What i meant by the breed doesnt matter - the fact that ANY dog is being treated like this. That someone wont send it back because she wants her money back - even though she doesnt want the dog because it has destroyed the backyard and barks is wrong.

It doesnt make it better or worse dependant on the breed she has.

Yes i am glad the OP has named the breed, but is she just leading us all on a merry chase? Didnt someone say before she had a GSD? She bred labs and had another breed?

Fair enough - what a horrible situation.

I would like to add to Pink puppy - I hope all your future puppy buyers give you the same respect (or lack of) that you have shown the breeder of this Rottweiler bitch.

edited because I can not spell :o .

Edited by Andisa

PP - assuming you are still reading this thread - you need to approach the breeder and speak with them directly. Ethically, you should honor the terms of your contract, although not knowing the actual contract its a matter for debate as to its enforcement. However, my advice is that the primary interest in this situation should be the welfare of the animal, not the money. Personally, if I was in the shoes of your breeder, I would be seeking this resolved asap (esp given that it is now all over a public forum before - I'm assuming- he/she has any knoweledge of the situation). If thats the case, I'd also be very very angry that you have chosen to discuss this issue here rather than with me personally. So as a heads up, you may want to address that right now. And if you are looking for a future as a breeder/showie, this is not the best way of starting out. :(

Edited by lappiemum

I can't believe that someone would be unhappy about having that in a contract. The option that, if things do go wrong, the breeder will take the dog back. To me, that is a great commitment from a great breeder. I had that option years ago with an expensive dog, and I didn't ever want to return him, but it was just a nice thing to have if something ever happened and I couldn't keep him.I wouldn't have expected a cent back, and in fact, I would have been so glad if the need did arise, that I could do the right thing by the dog, and give him to someone who cared. I probably would have offered to give them money for helping me!

PP, I am not going to have a go at you, youve already been given that from others so what i will suggest is that you contact the breeder and discuss the matter with him/her. They may well give you your money back OR a partial refund as they will have to care for the girl until they find her a new home (food,vet bills etc). A contract is just that, a contract. If your breeder was to break the terms of the contract I am sure you'd be screaming 'but we have a contract'. Yes contracts are meant to be fair for both parties as they are meant to [twitter][/twitter]look after everyone, but most importantly they are there to look after the welfare of the dog.

Did you research Rottweilers before making this purchase? A bored Rottweiler is a destructive Rottweiler. Rottweilers love company and don't do well as a garden ornament. What age is the dog? Have you thought of going to a professional trainer to help you fix these problems rather than disposing of the dog? What is causing the dog to bark? Have you thought of building a safe area for her, such as a large dog run that way your garden will remain as it is and your dog will be happy in her own designated area. There are many alternatives than rehoming, but in all honesty it seems as though you've taken on more than you are used to. Rottweilers are not for everyone, they are an acquired taste and that's why most f us are quite thorough in our selection of homes for our puppies. The amount of homes I rejected for Jett's last litter would astound you.

Please speak to your breeder, you may find that you are worried over nothing.

Edited by TrinaJ