Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm....funny how breeders get all the rights.

I have complaints from my neighbors because of this dog barking alllll the time, she has destroyed my backyard aswell....how can I know this was going to happen???

reality check - this is what bored puppies do. I'm afraid that you should have thought VERY carefully before you bought a puppy. it's a 12-15 yr commitment.

I rehome puppies and consider very few homes are suitable. Many people work full time, don't really plan on exercising a dog but oh yes, they wanted a Border Collie and by God it is their right, their dream so that's what they'll get. And then, a few months later, when puppy is not so cute and is proving a huge diversion from their hedonistic existence, off it has to go. It's made a mess and a noise. What a bloody nuisance. And it didn't even know not to go to the toilet inside. Hmmmm.

It's why the pound's inmates are generally under 2 yrs of age.

Like way too many people, you may have had more money than sense - harsh, yes.

I think you'll find it's not technically duress unless you had no other reasonable option (which you did - to refuse to sign the contract and then to take the breeder to small claims court if she refused to give you the deposit back). However, I guess your lawyer will sort that out for you.

If you are interested in breeding or in buying another registered puppy, I'd be careful you don't start to get a bad name as someone who backs out of contracts.

I can't believe you are so willing to do a number on this breeder because you no longer feel like honouring the terms of the contract! :eek:

I have an animal here who is under contract and I can only say I'm thankful his breeders weren't burnt by someone as without their trust and this contract I wouldn't have him. If people keep abusing the trust of breeders then these opportunities will no longer exist for those who truly appreciate them. :mad

Contact the breeder - they might be willing to pay you out just to give the dog a better life.

The fact that youre returning a puppy for doing puppy thins and your primary (only?) concern is money speaks volumes. Please font get another dog. If youre not willing to train it, spend time with it etc then these things will just repeat themselves.

Has someone saved this thread (just in case it goes "poof")? It has several little posts that may aid the breeder should the buyer not hold up their end of the contract.

Hopefully it'll stick around as everything that can be used in the breeder's defence is right here. Play nice everyone, keep the thread here and hopefully it'll prevent the huge headache that pinkpuppy could become.

Pinkpuppy how about you go talk to the breeder like a human being and see what they'll offer you. Maybe they'll offer some money to buy her back, maybe they'll offer a full refund. Or maybe they'll simply adhere to the contract as SIGNED BY BOTH OF YOU and use the money on training to fix the problems you've caused.

You don't know unless you speak to them. I think pretending the contract was signed under duress will a) make you look stupid and b) be a very very bad idea given your posts on this forum clearly show you voluntarily entered into it. Plus attempting to prove it is going to be really tough unless you have evidence you were blackmailed/threatened/forced into signing. Which you clearly don't because you weren't.

Suck it up, call the breeder and accept you might not get your way. Lesson learned, please don't buy another dog.