Control Unleashed Vs Click To Calm

Well the title pretty much says it all how do these two books differ?

- Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt

- Click to Clam by Emma Parsons

If you could only have one which one would you have?

If you have read both are they both different enough to justify buying both??

Or feel free to make suggestions of other books which are along the same lines (for a general pet dog, not so much agility and obedience competition focused)

Vanessa

Edited by ButerflyGirl

Well the title pretty much says it all how do these two books differ?

- Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt

- Click to Clam by Emma Parsons

If you could only have one which one would you have?

If you have read both are they both different enough to justify buying both??

Or feel free to make suggestions of other books which are along the same lines (for a general pet dog, not so much agility and obedience competition focused)

Vanessa

Bumping this up, as I am also interested in replys. :)

I have both. I would say that Click to Calm is more practical for day to day things like walks. Control Unleashed is more targeted towards agility or other stimulating environments. They are both very good and have lots of great information in them, but for a reactive pet dog I think Click to Calm would be more appropriate.

I've got both. In terms of easy reading for the pet dog owner, click to calm breaks things down nicely - it is an easy read. There are a few thing I dont like ( eg head collar), but I ignore them.

Control unleashed is also fantastic, but reading it is a but more involved. It is very useful for pet fog owners too, but you need to abstract the agility examples.

If you van afford it, get both, but plan which elements you'll use before you confuse the dog!

I've got both.

I find Click to calm easier and more interesting to read, control unleashed is filled with annoying stories about how amazing this training is and how it cured this dog... I would just rather read the methods thank you! CU is also a LOT more expensive to buy than CTC (at least here in NZ). In terms of what they offer, I think they both bring something to the table and you will be happy with either of them- I have heard a lot more people raving about CU but I didn't really enjoy reading it.

Click to Calm is easier to read. It is more focussed on a calm dog.

Control Unleashed is harder to read, but once you get through the introductionary chapters, it does get better. It is more focussed on getting a dog to work with you in stressful situations.

Both have merit and could be used to compliment one another.