Cooling Coats

blitz3

does anyone use cooling coats what do you think? would you recommend? my boy is black/brindle and was getting quite hot today at a show even under cover so i was thinking about getting 1

Edited by blitz3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have 3 cooling coats, we got ours from Silver Eagle, here is their web site :D our guys love 'em

http://www.coolweave.com.au/index.html

2nd this too - we have had ours for years now - wouldn't be without them.

3rd for these... they're great quality, I was very impressed!

I have these as well and the crate mats. They keep the dogs so cool. An awesome product!

I too can highly recommend Cool Champion Cooking Vests. Maureen is extremely helpful and will answer any question you have. She has an array of colours to choose groom as well, I believe she has a new aqua colour this summer :thumbsup:

www.coolweave.com.au/coolchampionstm_k9_cooling_vests.htm

Minxy I have collies and the cool champions coats are a god send they love them. My blue girl throws herself at me when she sees hers in warm weather! The sheltie people I know say the same thing. They do work really well though if you're showing a coated breed you'll find they do flatten the coat a bit. I have a mat too which my princess will not use but I find laying it over the top of the crate works too, espcially if there's a fan on as well.

I have them as well and they are brilliant - although I have been accused of being a horrendous owner by someone at dog training for having a coat on my dog in the heat and they were going to report me!!!!

I had one dog with one on, and one without (only had him a week-one was on it's way :) ) and showed that she wasn't panting, he was, and showed them how much cooler it is when you placed your hand between the coat and the dog. They were finally convinced but still thought I was wierd.

I have also used them as a wind breaker when I was at a trial in Albany and it was blowing an absolute gale. They are lightweight yet kept the dogs warm and didn't impeded movement.

Cool champions coats are briliant.

Oso Swift I get those sort of comments from people when I walk the big girl in her cool coat. I've had so many people march up to me bubbling with outrage at the cruelty of having a coat on a dog in the heat. Usually the hand under the coat stops that and Koo is a lot happier in hot weather with her coat. :thumbsup: