'birdyness'

sandgrubber

well my hound is very bird driven. He killed one of our chooks the other week. Didn't see it happen so i think he shook it in play. not a mark on it and he didn't try to eat it though it had obviously been dead a little while. he just laid down next to it and waited for me to get home.

well my hound is very bird driven. He killed one of our chooks the other week. Didn't see it happen so i think he shook it in play. not a mark on it and he didn't try to eat it though it had obviously been dead a little while. he just laid down next to it and waited for me to get home.

Oh no :( Was it definitely him, not a fox or a cat and he found it?

Oh no :( Was it definitely him, not a fox or a cat and he found it?

no definitely him. when he was 5 months old he grabbed one, shook it and luckily he was unskilled and i got it from him before it was too late. after the chicken died recently, the kids accidentally let another one out. i realised just as he started chasing it. luckily i stopped him and he still seemed a bit unskilled but if a fox had got into our yard i'm pretty sure, the fox would have left pretty quick at seeing the dog. its a small yard.