What Would You Do?

Red Fox

What would you do if you were offered a fantastic pup from a well known breeder ...6-12 months before you "thought" you were ready?

Would you take it? Or wait another 12 months for a litter that may not eventuate?

I have put this in the training forum as the pup I am looking at is a working puppy, not a pet. And obviously a huge commitment.

Edited by SecretKei

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends how "not ready" you are. And if there is anyone else in the household who will be affected by your decision. What factors make you think you're not ready? Work? Study? Relationship? Other pets?

Sometimes you're never ready until the pup is home - the responsibility that goes with obtaining a great pup can be paralysing sometimes ;)

Take it!

I've done it twice now. No regrets. You never know if that special pup will come around again.

Ok if you are about it go off on a 6 month holiday that might be a bit tricky! Actually I would cancel the holiday! :rofl:

I kind of view it as fate when stuff like this happens and I tend to just go for it.

I wasn't ready for my Mal, never wanted, thought or dreamed I would own one, he is the best dog ever:) I like the saying 'you get the dog you need':laugh:

Probably not helping you decide:)

Well you might be... more than you think :laugh:

I'm also a beleiver of fate, it all happens for a reason.:laugh:

question - are you ever ready for a mal?

its OK by the time it goes spastic at the 12 month mark you'll either be insane or have eased into a false sense of security O_o

borrow mine :rofl: please

He's two and half now and nothing is spastic:)

Flip a coin. Heads - go for it, tails - wait.

If you like the way the coin lands - all good.

If you don't like the way the coin lands, then you know what your decision should really be.

I don't think I was quite ready for my puppy when I got her, but we managed. Same deal when I found this house. Already missed out on two other good ones because I wanted to think about it, when I already knew they were good value and had everything I wanted.