What Would You Do?

Red Fox

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they are almost as cute as BC pups - I'll give you that much SecretKei :rofl:. All the best with it I am sure you will be in for a lot of fun :thumbsup:.

They are damn cute and growing like weeds!:D

:love::love::love: I love the Mal pups!! I got to have a play with some at the RAAF Base a month ago - so much fun!

Next question - boy or girl???

Girl.

eta, how's your new puppy going?:)

My Military pup? Love him, but soooooo active and fast. He's totally different to anything I've ever had before but I love having him and I'm learning about working dogs at the same time ;)

Keep posting here when you get your girl - I'm sooooooooo envious!!!!

Girl.

My Military pup? Love him, but soooooo active and fast. He's totally different to anything I've ever had before but I love having him and I'm learning about working dogs at the same time ;)

Good to hear he is doing well.:thumbsup: Do you have to do any specific training with him in preparation for his return?

Bet you won't be when I'm sleep deprived and chewed on :rofl:

Girl.

Good to hear he is doing well.:thumbsup: Do you have to do any specific training with him in preparation for his return?

Bet you won't be when I'm sleep deprived and chewed on :rofl:

:laugh: at the sleep deprivation and chewing!

We have to expose him to different environments i.e. parks, shopping ctr, train station & market, different surfaces i.e. long grass, stairs & tiles, and different situations i.e. crowds, night walks and playground equipment. Sense maximisation - find the assistant (who's hiding). Also play - as in the 2ball game and bite rag, and also find the toy. On top of this they need to be walked twice a day totalling a km for each month of their age i.e. 3mths = 3kms. It sounds a lot but the play sessions are to be kept minimal and not too often - and I enjoy walking him in different places (he's actually a very sociable pup ). When walking him he's not to walk beside me either - you are to encourage them to walk out in front, which is easy with this type of pup :laugh:

Is Mia Skogster's dog a malinois?

I'm not sure if it is walking nicely or walking with obsession...

Is very impressive all the same.

I would love to have the ability to train my dog to work with such "obsession" ;)

ETA Yes it's a Malinois :)

Edited by gsdog2

Is Mia Skogster's dog a malinois?

I'm not sure if it is walking nicely or walking with obsession...

Is very impressive all the same.

Yes, aren't they both awesome:)

ETA, it's not walking it's heeling:)

Edited by PAX

where is it?

and is she mostly rewards based training? or does she use other techniques too?

Mia is a clicker trainer.

She didn't use a clicker at the seminar. Anyone who went to her seminar will tell you she uses "Goooooooood" and "Oi Oi Oi" a lot (she's a tiny person with a strong accent & a huge voice :laugh: ) as reward and no reward markers and "yes" (which is the same as using the clicker ;) ) She's not against Prong collars either

Edited by gsdog2

where is it?

and is she mostly rewards based training? or does she use other techniques too?

Mia is a clicker trainer.

She didn't use a clicker at the seminar. Anyone who went to her seminar will tell you she uses "Goooooooood" and "Oi Oi Oi" a lot (she's a tiny person with a strong accent & a huge voice :laugh: ) as reward and no reward markers and "yes" (which is the same as using the clicker ;) ) She's not against Prong collars either

Is the "Oi Oi Oi" a NRM or to get the dogs attention?