When Will I Learn?

Weasels

We used to have a LOT of toy carnage but Tuffies have been great for our two. They've only ever managed to tear a hole in one and that was ages ago. Since then, we haven't had a single casualty:

lotsoftuffies.jpg

The dogs play tug with them, chew on them and they're fine. The array above is the same one we've had for months without any damage. The dogs never seem to get sick of them and will play alone or together.

We also have the dog brick and the dogs enjoy it, but we don't bring it out that often :)

Edited by koalathebear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny reading all the responses

we have a few dogs

and really i have to say the toy stage is well passed

little dogs mature pretty quickly and ours are mostly lap/toy breeds that do very little except hang round us

that's one thing less to worry about- the expense of toys

We got around the problem of the dogs tipping the games up to get all the treats at once by putting our foot on the edge of the game :thumbsup:

:laugh:

I tried Riley with one once before and he just sat there and looked at it. It was like he thought it was automatic and at any minute a piece would fly off and give him access to a treat :laugh:

We got around the problem of the dogs tipping the games up to get all the treats at once by putting our foot on the edge of the game :thumbsup:

:laugh:

I tried Riley with one once before and he just sat there and looked at it. It was like he thought it was automatic and at any minute a piece would fly off and give him access to a treat :laugh:

:rofl: I love that mental image!

My girl did something similar the first time I gave her a frozen kong!

You are not alone. Far from it.

This is what Genevieve has done to her brand new, rated 9/10 for toughness, Tuffy Toy:

th_304715_227532500638747_100001459955637_654020_752752864_n.jpg

She hasn't even had the bloody thing for 7 days!!!!

She is a goat dog. A perfect example of a dog that doesn't live up to her breed description. If I wanted a dog that would destroy things, I would have got a Lab!!! Not a Cav!!!

If it is not her toys she is destroying, it is more useful things, like...

th_photo1.jpg

Lamps! To her collection, she has added: 2 other lamps, 2 lap top chargers, 3 phone charges, 1 iron, 1 GHD hair straightener, 1 sofa (all corners), 1 breast feeding chair (needless to say, I no longer use for breast feeding)... She has also eaten the better part of a nylabone.

Goat Dog.

Yep sucker here but only buy from the cheap shop. The longest laster is a ring with 4 squeakers. They had two rings but god knows where the other is. They also have a head off a toy with crinkly ears and a squeaker in the head thats still in tact. As long as toys squeak they're happy. I bought another one the other day and they ripped the leg off straight away, i was so bummed. My backyard is always full of snow.

I am sooo glad my dog isn't as bad as some of these, but i know the 'tuffy' toys wouldn't work for him since he managed to chew through two canine leo's in about 10 mins.. the first time we thought it was faulty, the second was definitely the dog. Everlasting fire plug and treat balls were killed in a week, but the everlasting fun ball is still in tact.

Edited by Bundyburger

Zeph destuffs everything and then Dee plays with the flat toy, throwing it in the air and catching it, so when I saw the flat, no stuffing road kill toys I thought beauty I can skip the messy stage. :thumbsup: Wrong, Zeph unstitched them so that he could kill the squeaker in them :rolleyes:

And apparently any ball toy is not allowed to have extras like little feet, hands, mouths, beaks and especially tags. He chews them off straight away and eats them.

Edited by grumpette

Guest donatella

You are not alone. Far from it.

This is what Genevieve has done to her brand new, rated 9/10 for toughness, Tuffy Toy:

th_304715_227532500638747_100001459955637_654020_752752864_n.jpg

She hasn't even had the bloody thing for 7 days!!!!

She is a goat dog. A perfect example of a dog that doesn't live up to her breed description. If I wanted a dog that would destroy things, I would have got a Lab!!! Not a Cav!!!

If it is not her toys she is destroying, it is more useful things, like...

th_photo1.jpg

Lamps! To her collection, she has added: 2 other lamps, 2 lap top chargers, 3 phone charges, 1 iron, 1 GHD hair straightener, 1 sofa (all corners), 1 breast feeding chair (needless to say, I no longer use for breast feeding)... She has also eaten the better part of a nylabone.

Goat Dog.

i just got home today to find that my lovely 6 month old pom had chewed my lamp cord in half while i was at work. and that is why i turn off all my powerpoints before i leave the house, i knew she'd do something like that!!! :eek: