Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

Can someone help me with the ruling about girls in season??

Why don't you send an email to the Agility Committee of Dogs NSW. I am sure the contact details are on the website. I am pretty sure that they made a decision on this at their last meeting after a similar enquiry.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE.

I suspect they would not be able to give any accommodation refunds - it would be up to you to find someone wanting any accommodation, but I believe they will refund entry fees, but would need evidence supporting your request e.g. vet certificate saying she was in season. It is all too easy for some-one with an entire bitch to claim the bitch is in season when they have decided they do not want to enter a trial after all. Please, so not quote me on this - it is not an official statement, but I belieive that is how it is being handled.

My girls are due between now and the Nationals, so I am hoping the keep to timetable. I know bitches in season have kept me out of other big events. I do know, that in the past, it was tough luck if your girls came into season, but a lot have trial secretaries have softened their approach.

Cheers,

Will be interesting to see what response you get LP, I am sure my girl won't be in (my luck though she will come in just before flyball Nationals!) but will be good to know just in case :D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Was wondering who are going to the Nationals if anyone is looking for a partner in strategic pairs master. I have two dogs that are both in masters and in the 500 group. Inka has her master title and Gabby is going for her title. Both of my partners arent going to the nationals so was wondering if anyone wants to partner please let me know you can pm if you like

cheers

Hi Guys

Was wondering who are going to the Nationals if anyone is looking for a partner in strategic pairs master. I have two dogs that are both in masters and in the 500 group. Inka has her master title and Gabby is going for her title. Both of my partners arent going to the nationals so was wondering if anyone wants to partner please let me know you can pm if you like

cheers

If you can find someone to handle Sparkle (she works for absolutely anyone - good and bad handlers can get clear rounds with her) Sparkle is available. I cannot handle her because I am judging 500 spdx in the other ring. Sparkle is 600, so is happy to come down to 500. She has her masters title a few times over and is an AgCh. Let me know if you cannot find anyone else. I might be able to bring Jynx for a run, too, although she does not handle as well for other people. She has all her masters titles, but was retired because I had too many dogs to run.

Cheers,

Ok finally got myself organised - accommodation paid, entries done and paid... Our first Nationals seems so much more real now. How exciting!!!!

I will be doing my entries in the next couple of days. This event that was being thought about in the distant future is now becoming more real and exciting. The more the merrier.

Cheers,

yes, decisions decisions. To enter the young boy in everything and hope we've got contacts and weaves done by then or just stick to jumping??

Tiger jack I had the same issue :) I'm going for it and praying little miss learns it all in time... Anyone know of anyone looking for a 500 novice partner happy to jump 400.. Looks like dso may not make it and I entered den and am keen to run.. He's a happy boy prefer someone strong in weaves as he can be 10 pole dog lol!!! If not I'll just cancel that entry :(

Hi Guys

cheers

If you can find someone to handle Sparkle (she works for absolutely anyone - good and bad handlers can get clear rounds with her) Sparkle is available. I cannot handle her because I am judging 500 spdx in the other ring. Sparkle is 600, so is happy to come down to 500. She has her masters title a few times over and is an AgCh. Let me know if you cannot find anyone else. I might be able to bring Jynx for a run, too, although she does not handle as well for other people. She has all her masters titles, but was retired because I had too many dogs to run.

Cheers,

Well if you are all game, I'll volunteer to give Sparkle a run. That's the day I will only have 500 dogs, leaving the 200 at home that day. I'm sure the 600 pairs could fit in between my 500 runs outside. (Are you sure Le, that you are judging then? Maybe you can run Sparkle. The list that I have has you judging 500 pairs on wednesday and 600 SPDM is on the Friday.)

Jo

Hi Guys

cheers

Cheers,

Well if you are all game, I'll volunteer to give Sparkle a run. That's the day I will only have 500 dogs, leaving the 200 at home that day. I'm sure the 600 pairs could fit in between my 500 runs outside. (Are you sure Le, that you are judging then? Maybe you can run Sparkle. The list that I have has you judging 500 pairs on wednesday and 600 SPDM is on the Friday.)

Jo

I have not heard from "Xena" yet. If she wants to run Sparkle with her 500 dog, I would expect her to organise the handler for her. She may get a better offer!

Hi Guys,

I have just put my entries in. We are starting to get quite a few entires in our mail box as well. I thought I would cross post this from Keith:

From the Secretary's Desk

Good morning all

I'm receiving a steady flow of entries at the moment which is good cause I have time to strain my eyes and try and decipher some of the hand writing.

Can I make a request

ENTRIES

PLEASE USE COMPUTER TO FILL IN YOUR FORMS

The NSW people I know a lot of them and have gotten used to their handwriting, not to sure of interstate's :-)

It's getting close now to the EARLY BIRD entry close so can I suggest that you go to <www.e-performancedogs.com> and do your entries online so you can take advantage of this facility. (Save yourself money)

If you are posting then go to <www.agilitynationals2012.com.au> find the entry form for the Nationals and use this to fill in your entry (you can still use the computer) This has been done to make life easier for you and me.

Try NOT to use the smaller entry form they become awkward for me to check all your entries.

Please make sure that you can send an EMAIL reply address so that we can help IMPORTANT information back to you.

There is also a list of entries that you can check to see that your name is there and I have received you entry on <www.agilitynationals2012.com.au>

TITLES

Make sure that you have the correct titles to the dogs name> The computer system is set to only enter the classes that your dogs are titled for.

Please save me time by getting this correct.

RETURN ENVELOP

The E-performancedogs receipt ask you to send a SAE with your cheque ­ PLEASE DON'T. There is no need for envelop if I have an email address. Of course please remember to send the cheque :-)

Thanks for your help

Keith

Nationals Trial Secretary

For those who have not been involved in trial secretarial work, I will let you know that it can be very tedious checking everything and having to follow up on minor errors is very time consuming. So having clear writing and paying attention to detail will help me cope with Keith!!!!!!! If you can use e-performance, it makes it so much easier, but please accurately record you membership details and your dogs registration numbers and titles. It makes a difference. If you gain titles between entering and final closing date, you can update your titles and classes via e-performance.

At this point, I would like to emphasise that the Nationals is for all levels of triallers from novice to elite. It is a lot of fun to participate, and the venue is fantastic. I really should not be doing the hard sell, becasue if no-one enters, our jobs will be a lot easier. But the truth is that it will be a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Edited by canine fun sports

:) counting down the days.. Found a pairs partner which means we're jumping 400 woooooo!!!!

Only issue I have found with e-performance dogs is it enters me but I haven't paid for part of my entry so I have to email off for a PayPal request touch annoying but it gets there in the end

:) counting down the days.. Found a pairs partner which means we're jumping 400 woooooo!!!!

Only issue I have found with e-performance dogs is it enters me but I haven't paid for part of my entry so I have to email off for a PayPal request touch annoying but it gets there in the end

I prefer to pay by cheque still - it makes my accounting so much easier. I choose the pay later option (I can't remember what the actual button says!) but I receive an email, which is basically an invoice then send of copy of that with the cheques to the trial secretary.

Cheers,

Hi Guys

Now that its getting closer to the Nationals :thumbsup: I was wondering what to do about the ticks. Should I put my dogs onto something or not. I know last time I didnt give them anything cuase we got told that where we were going we didnt need too. So should I and what to use

thanks guys

Hi Guys

Now that its getting closer to the Nationals :thumbsup: I was wondering what to do about the ticks. Should I put my dogs onto something or not. I know last time I didnt give them anything cuase we got told that where we were going we didnt need too. So should I and what to use

thanks guys

Ticks are generally not regarded to be a problem associated with western Sydney (they are more coastal, or are seen when you start to go up the mountains again, but not the area in between), nor is June a time of year when you would expect to find ticks active.

Mind you, the weather has been bit crazy this year so . . . ? It would not hurt to use some frontline or Advantix and most dogs enjoy the attention of being tick checked daily.

Cheers

Edited by canine fun sports

I decided to finally commit to the Nationals (I was waiting to see how my older boy coped with a large trial after being unwell) and I think I've managed to stuff up my online entries :eek::o:dunce: Not a good way to start :laugh:

I decided to finally commit to the Nationals (I was waiting to see how my older boy coped with a large trial after being unwell) and I think I've managed to stuff up my online entries :eek::o:dunce: Not a good way to start :laugh:

Rest assured, you are not the only one. Our emails are running hot with corrections, at the moment. I am being VERY careful not to disturb Keith.

Cheers,